Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 10,161 to 10,180 of 27,917

Yoshi

So....does this mean that Lucina = Roy? Wasn't Roy's power distributed equally throughout his sword? Or was it the middle portion that was the sweet spot?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

LzWinky

UGXwolf wrote:

@Unca_Lz Very possible. I never said it wasn't. (In fact, that's the opinion I've held since the Little Mac reveal.) I'm just saying that people are going overboard with their assumptions, again.

Well I'm also looking at most e3 rumors. They were all fake since Pokken Fighters was never shown.

I just don't believe in "rumors", "leaks" or any unofficial information.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Captain_Toad

brewsky wrote:

So....does this mean that Lucina = Roy? Wasn't Roy's power distributed equally throughout his sword? Or was it the middle portion that was the sweet spot?

The middle portion was the sweet spot for roy.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Yoshi

Captain_Toad wrote:

brewsky wrote:

The middle portion was the sweet spot for roy.

Yep, I just looked that up. That's why I liked him more than Marth in Melee.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Joetherocker

So I'm guessing Marth at the tip of his sword is more powerful than Lucina's entire sword, while the middle/base is weaker.

Not sure who to use then, since I've mained Marth since Melee and hitting people with the tip whenever possible is basically automatic at this point, but I like Lucina more and like the idea of not having to lower damage just because I missed the tip.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see, but my guess is that I'll stick with Marth just out of habit.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

MegaStoneSmash91

I'm glad the Lucina situation was cleared up. Having her sword be balanced like that means she'll be more accessible and likely easier to play, but that might also mean she'll be a bit weaker than Marth. In terms of balance, it only makes sense to do something like this. Otherwise she would literally be better than Marth, assuming her weight, jump height, running speed etc. are all the same. From Sakurai's comment on her physical abilites, that's almost certainly the case. She's kind of like the new Roy, but without the sword sweet spot, fire attacks, or slightly slower speed.

EDIT: @Joetherocker ninja'd me on the topic of Lucina's power.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

SparkOfSpirit

I still think Isaac has a very good chance. There's got to be a reason nobody has seen his Brawl assist trophy in action yet. I'm going to hope its because he made the upgrade to the roster until proven otherwise.

Morphbug wrote:

Also, I'll never know where the Marshal thing came from, the thing specifically stated "Chorus Boys".

It also specified "Pokemon from Pokemon X & Y" instead of Greninja. There's a very big chance the leaker (if true) mislabeled the name of the Rhythm Heaven mascot when writing them down.

Personally, I think Marshal makes more sense than generic Chorus Men.

Edited on by SparkOfSpirit

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Datasun_7

@SparkOfSpirit yeah I think its kind of strange there was no reveal of an Isaac assist trophy yet, but then again Mac made it out of a trophy and both of them are fan favourites. Maybe just maybe

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

BandG

Morphbug wrote:

Also, I'll never know where the Marshal thing came from, the thing specifically stated "Chorus Boys".

It also specified "Pokemon from Pokemon X & Y" instead of Greninja. There's a very big chance the leaker (if true) mislabeled the name of the Rhythm Heaven mascot when writing them down.

Personally, I think Marshal makes more sense than generic Chorus Men.

yeah i agree people think that Marshall will be a character because since he looks so similar to the chorus men, maybe the leaker confused the 2. Also why would 3 generic characters who appeared in only 2 mini games be chosen over the series mascot?

Edited on by BandG

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

Eel

Since when is Marshal the series mascot?

He has only appeared in one tutorial and one mini game.

He's about as much of a mascot as any other character in the series.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Kewlan

He might not be the mascot to the series, but he's the one most likely to be one.
In Rhythm Heaven Fever he introduced you to the game with help of his friends. He's in the credits, once again with his friends. I believe this makes him the most shown character in the game. Plus Fever is the most recent too, so that adds to the reason.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

MrWalkieTalkie

Morphbug wrote:

Since when is Marshal the series mascot?

He has only appeared in one tutorial and one mini game.

He's about as much of a mascot as any other character in the series.

He's sorta the mascot. He's there to introduce you to the game, he's in the final rhythm game for the credits, he's even the last person to talk to you when you finish the game, tellin you to always keep your rhythm up!

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

DreamyViridi

I've never played the Rhythm Heaven games so I don't really know any names of the characters but I've seen a few playthroughs of the Wii game and I always the girl in the red dress would make more sense if anything.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Kewlan

@DreamyViridi Isn't she only in the title screen?

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Eel

The girl in the red dress is another odd case.

She's literally the first thing you see when you buy the game.

But her one and only purpose in the game is telling you how to exit the intro screen.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DreamyViridi

@Kewlan - Wouldn't know for sure. Haven't played the games.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Kewlan

@DreamyViridi I know, it was a rhetorical qeustion.

As stated long before, I want Marshal's attacks to be some type of appearances for the minigames...
Side Normal: Samurai Slice Attack
Down Normal: Wrestler Flex
etc.
He should also have to attack in the background music's rhythm!

Edited on by Kewlan

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic