Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 10,081 to 10,100 of 27,917

SparkOfSpirit

I still think Shulk and Marshal are pretty likely due to the aforementioned reasons, but I also think there will be other characters other than them.

Personally, I'm hoping for Dixie Kong and Isaac, but really, it could be anyone at this point. I'm really glad the leak wasn't confirmed further, because now we're back in the dark. Surprise character reveals are always fun.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

2Sang

After today's direct, I was initially a little upset chrom was replaced by lucina, but now that I think about it, it was the logical choice. Lucina represents a new part of the fire emblem series and Robin is a perfect idea to increase the number of female fighters and customizable fighters. Two more good characters. I'm still hoping for Marshal and Shulk (to a lesser extent) to be playable though, but now we can stop talking about gematsu (myself included I was wrong to trust the leaker).

Now if we could just replace greninja with mewtwo, then it would be absolutely perfect, but given that fire emblem now has 4 fighters, I'm more than happy with the roster even if this was the final amount of characters, provided both lucas and ness are in.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

3dsplayer

Untitled
marth

Edited on by 3dsplayer

League of legends username - 3dsplayer ( 2pacEn0t0ri0u3cr is currently banned)
Neopet shop - http://www.neopets.com/browseshop.phtml?owner=bosswario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxeklRO7qWw

3dsplayer

quote from the 3ds smash bros thread

3dsplayer wrote:

Untitled
MARTHMARTHMARTHMARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

League of legends username - 3dsplayer ( 2pacEn0t0ri0u3cr is currently banned)
Neopet shop - http://www.neopets.com/browseshop.phtml?owner=bosswario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxeklRO7qWw

2Sang

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

No I would rather not have Rayman In the game mostly because we have 3 perfect 3rd characters already. I think Sakurai is rewarding ubisoft for there dedication for supporting wii u. So maybe we will get a rayman legends stage along with an assist trophy.

If that's the case, I hope we get trophies of other games that show support through exclusivity and such, like Bayonetta & Chase McCain trophies.

I like this idea. I think both chase and bayonetta both would make no sense and overall be terrible choices. However, giving them a trophy or even an assist trophy appearance would be a great idea, that way they can get their chance to be in without taking up character spaces. I still argue that Rayman would be a fine addition to smash though. Him, Snake, Bomberman, and Shantae (I guess banjo and conker too but they will never get in) all are totally fine by me. I'm certain rayman will be in ssb5.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea

SparkOfSpirit

2Sang wrote:

After today's direct, I was initially a little upset chrom was replaced by lucina, but now that I think about it, it was the logical choice. Lucina represents a new part of the fire emblem series and Robin is a perfect idea to increase the number of female fighters and customizable fighters. Two more good characters. I'm still hoping for Marshal and Shulk (to a lesser extent) to be playable though, but now we can stop talking about gematsu (myself included I was wrong to trust the leaker).

Now if we could just replace greninja with mewtwo, then it would be absolutely perfect, but given that fire emblem now has 4 fighters, I'm more than happy with the roster even if this was the final amount of characters, provided both lucas and ness are in.

I still think Mewtwo is coming. Mewtwo and Jigglypuff make it 6 Pokemon, and I think that will be the cap.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got 50 characters this time.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Uncle_Franklin

Hopefully Lucina will be different to Marth. If there's as much variance between her and Marth as there was between Roy and Marth, I think that would be fine. Even if it's only the Final Smash.

Thing about other clones, is even if they play almost the same, they had different aesthetics. Even Luigi in 64, had a different colour.

Warming to the idea of Rayman now, but I think Bomberman would be amazing.

In terms of types of characters, each sequel has had a big innovation. Melee had villains, and Brawl had 3rd party characters. Would Miis be the thing for Smash 4?

Uncle_Franklin

mamp

They should have had Marth wearing his FE Awakening outfit, would have been easier to make Lucina an alternate for him that would have been cool. Still looking forward to her though. Also did anyone else wanna see her take a falcon punch to the face? IDK why it just woulda looked cool in that animation.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

MrWalkieTalkie

No, but just imagine this: y'know how some newcomers get special posters designed by artists that were affiliated with the game they're from?
Untitled Untitled
Untitled Untitled

Just a fun thought, imagine if Rayman was confirmed like right before the game comes out, his poster would feature him, Mario, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Sonic and it'd be made by the people over at Ubiart Framework so they'd be in the Rayman Legends style artwork. That would be awesome!

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Nintendo6400

Newcomers I would like to see at this point are Shulk, Isaac, king k rool, & hades. Newcomers I would like to see that seem unlikely are bowser jr, paper Mario, Ridley, Black Shadow, & Ghirahim.

Edit: yea Rayman legends style with Mario and friends would be cool.

Also is anyone else excited to see the opening cinematic?

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Mickey

mamp wrote:

They should have had Marth wearing his FE Awakening outfit,

They should have had Marth take a shower.
Untitled
Seriously, is anybody else getting an "oily" vibe from his hair?

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

mamp

Mickey wrote:

mamp wrote:

They should have had Marth wearing his FE Awakening outfit,

They should have had Marth take a shower.
Untitled
Seriously, is anybody else getting an "oily" vibe from his hair?

but women like their men dirty, according to those body spray commercials.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

WhiteNoise17

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Newcomers I would like to see at this point are Shulk, Isaac, king k rool, & hades. Newcomers I would like to see that seem unlikely are bowser jr, paper Mario, Ridley, Black Shadow, & Ghirahim.

Edit: yea Rayman legends style with Mario and friends would be cool.

Also is anyone else excited to see the opening cinematic?

While I loved a lot about Brawl I didn't like it's opening cinematic as much as Melee's it just didn't feel as epic also Melee's opening had better music.

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

MsJubilee

@MrWalkieTalkie You know what would be more awesome than that if nintendo made copies of them and sold as posters.That would be awesome.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

2Sang

Franklin wrote:

Hopefully Lucina will be different to Marth. If there's as much variance between her and Marth as there was between Roy and Marth, I think that would be fine. Even if it's only the Final Smash.

Thing about other clones, is even if they play almost the same, they had different aesthetics. Even Luigi in 64, had a different colour.

Warming to the idea of Rayman now, but I think Bomberman would be amazing.

In terms of types of characters, each sequel has had a big innovation. Melee had villains, and Brawl had 3rd party characters. Would Miis be the thing for Smash 4?

I've insisted many times that the theme is customization. Sakurai's goal this time is to mix up matches so even if you're playing the same character, you can face multiple versions of them such as WFT, Villager, Little Mac, Mii's, and now Robin. I personally like the concept, and it matches the theme of building up your character along with the custom move sets.

MrWalkieTalkie

Music selections!

WarioWare:

Super Mario:

Sonic:

Pikmin:

Rhythm Heaven:

Pokemon:

Donkey Kong:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

LzWinky

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Aye Smash 4's big innovation is Pac-man and Megaman. No worries, my logic is impeccable. No need to argue.

And Villager and Wii Fit Trainer

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

2Sang

Unca_Lz wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Aye Smash 4's big innovation is Pac-man and Megaman. No worries, my logic is impeccable. No need to argue.

And Villager and Wii Fit Trainer

I'm glad you guys listed good characters and not frogger. Also you could have listed little mac.

Edited on by 2Sang

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic