Forums

Topic: SSB Ballot - NLife Votes (LEADER: Inkling)

Posts 181 to 200 of 477

Gridatttack

Obscure characters you say?
There can be nothing more obscure than this guy
Untitled
(was going to post this here, but I accidentally posted it first on the main thread :/ )

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Azikira

CaviarMeths wrote:

...I'm just opposed to any Mario characters because there's already like 80 in the game.

Inklings currently my #1 choice for 1st party character, though I think it's pretty much a given that they'll be in Smash 5 either way.

And for 3rd party characters, I think anything Konami is so far down on the priority list for Nintendo (and Konami themselves) that any votes for Snake or Bomberman are probably wasted.

Koei Tecmo and Nintendo have been teaming up a lot lately, so Ryu is an interesting choice. Has Nintendo legacy too with the original NG trilogy.

Maybe the Inklings will be a surprise character when Splatoon gets released! They ARE making Amiibos, after all!

Bwahahaha I am a fox 8D
Check out the stuff I make on Twitter and Etsy!
https://twitter.com/Azikira/

Haru17

@Gridatttack /slowclap, 11/10 better than Wii Fit Trainer.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Azikira

Gridatttack wrote:

Obscure characters you say?
There can be nothing more obscure than this guy
Untitled
(was going to post this here, but I accidentally posted it first on the main thread :/ )

HE PUTS WII FIT TRAINER TO SHAME!! Best cameo ever

Bwahahaha I am a fox 8D

Grumblevolcano

Haru17 wrote:

You've already spent more time in photoshop than the devs did thinking about that character. I appreciate your fervor, but I think Nintendo has enough soulless dolls in smash. That is to say, characters without much character development, like DeDeDe, Wario, and all the pokemon.

WarioWare kind of killed Wario. Remember the good ol' days of Wario Land, I sure do!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CaviarMeths

Poor Reckless Silhouette Guy. 1359 appearances and still called obscure.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Gridatttack

CaviarMeths wrote:

People just spam A to skip the warnings lol.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

I'm not sure he's reckless so much as violent. I mean, he hit the TV and the girl? Likely story. He's just obnscure because society likes to look away from his horrible domestic abuses.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Azikira

CaviarMeths wrote:

He's going to be the next Stan Lee! Cameo in EVERYTHING!

Bwahahaha I am a fox 8D

CaviarMeths

Gridatttack wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

My brother asked to borrow my 3DS. I told him only if he read the Health & Safety Precautions first. He thought I was joking.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

skywake

CaviarMeths wrote:

...I'm just opposed to any Mario characters because there's already like 80 in the game. Inklings currently my #1 choice for 1st party character

The only reason I like the idea of Toad is because there's quite a lot you could do with his character. They have a quite a bit of content to draw on for moves. Captain Toad, SMB2, Toad Houses in SMB3/New SMB and the Toad Brigade in Galaxy. There are even some well established alt-costumes with the different coloured toads, Toadette and Toadsworth. Plus half the fun of Smash is having characters that you'd usually never see in a fighting game fight each other. Toad very much fits the bill.

The Splatoon Inklings though, easily the second best idea for another character IMO

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Pkmns

CaviarMeths wrote:

Gridatttack wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

My brother asked to borrow my 3DS. I told him only if he read the Health & Safety Precautions first. He thought I was joking.

Dude, that's cruel!
By the way, it could be cool to have somebody who is not a white guy (seriously, 34 characters and all the humans are white), but I can't come up with possible black or asian characters :/
Nope, Tyson from Punch-Out is not gonna happen.

Edited on by Pkmns

Pkmns

Kai_

Voted for Bayonetta, because why wouldn't you.
Might also vote for Amaterasu, but it probably isn't worth it.
I expect the one's with the most votes will be cut characters like Wolf -_-

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

RR529

Pkmns wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Gridatttack wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Dude, that's cruel!
By the way, it could be cool to have somebody who is not a white guy (seriously, 34 characters and all the humans are white), but I can't come up with possible black or asian characters :/
Nope, Tyson from Punch-Out is not gonna happen.

I guess you could make the argument that Villager & Mega Man are Japanese, rather than white (though one's a robot, so not sure if that counts). There's nothing in their games that insinuate their race, really. Also, Ganondorf isn't white (then again, he doesn't resemble any real world race, being green/blue, and all).

As for potential characters, Takemaru has actually has a good shot I'd reckon, then there's many a Fire Emblem character, like Say'ri (though none of these side characters honestly stand a chance). If we open this up to third party characters with historic ties to Nintendo, you have Ryu Hayabusa, and various Street Fighter characters.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CaviarMeths

Pkmns wrote:

Well, several Fire Emblem characters. Fire Emblem is based on European culture, but there are many "Asian" characters in the games. One of them even has an Asian protagonist, Lyn. Sacae seems heavily inspired by Turkish and Mongolian history and culture.

But it's arguable that Smash already has an Asian Fire Emblem character. Marth speaks only Japanese, even in the English version. And if Marth is Japanese, Lucina technically is too, being a direct descendent. Robin is also kind of a dragon... not sure if that counts as white guy.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

veeflames

SanderEvers wrote:

Lara Croft.

No more explanation needed.

LOL... Um, I mean, we need an explanation for that....

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Azooooz

Undead_terror wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

Galacta Knight would punish everyone in the battlefield.

There is already that alt color for Meta Knight...besides in the game he was pretty much a boss clone of Meta Knight so that would probably equal a Meta Knight character clone... Let Marx take the next Kirby character slot

Oh, like Wolf isn't Fox's clone, or Lucina isn't Marth's clone? At least, Galacta Knight does special moves differently.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Inkling

I'm going to send another vote, this time for Non-Specific Action Figure

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Pimmen

I voted for Professor E. Gadd. He would be an awesome addition!

Pimmen

3DS Friend Code: 4398-9830-3316 | Nintendo Network ID: Kejsarn

Ralizah

Shantae. She's been a Nintendo exclusive character for years now.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.