Forums

Topic: Super Mario Galaxy 3?

Posts 101 to 120 of 144

Haru17

I don't think a new Mario 3D platformer will release this year. Maybe 2016, but, again, just save it for the next thing's launch library so you don't strand a game and cradle-kill your next console, again.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dezzy

The first rule of E3. Don't believe any rumours in the preceding month.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DefHalan

Dezzy wrote:

First rule of Video Games. Don't believe rumors, they only want to hurt you.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Well, stuff like project beast can work out...

Haru17

DefHalan wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

First rule of Video Games. Don't believe rumors, they only want to hurt you.

I don't know what you're talking about, I loved playing Symphonia of the Night 2, Xenogears: Origins, nostalgia property X, and The Legend of Zelda: Shard of Nightmare, pfft.

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/e3-leak.jpg

Dezzy

Oh sure, I'm not saying they're all fake. I'm just saying it's such an easy way for sites to get attention by making stuff up and there's really no cost to lying about such things, that you should probably assume the default is that they're rubbish.

Lol. Shard of Nightmare. Utter tosh.

Legend of Zelda: Splinter of Daydream

Edited on by Dezzy

Bolt_Strike

Dezzy wrote:

Oh sure, I'm not saying they're all fake. I'm just saying it's such an easy way for sites to get attention by making stuff up and there's really no cost to lying about such things, that you should probably assume the default is that they're rubbish.

Lol. Shard of Nightmare. Utter tosh.

Legend of Zelda: Splinter of Daydream

They didn't make anything up. They're just speculating.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Dezzy

Bolt_Strike wrote:

They didn't make anything up. They're just speculating.

So they are! My mistake. It's because the first rumour came out a day or 2 ago, I just assumed this was another one.

Now that I've read the article, my main skepticism is that releasing Galaxy on the eshop would mean anything. If they did announce Galaxy 3, it'd surely be a way off anyway?

Henmii

There won't be a Galaxy 3 guys! They won't make a big, free-roaming Mario, as much as we would like it. They probably make another 3D Land/World, or something totally different. But it won't be a big, free-roaming title. Mario Galaxy 3 is almost as unlikely as a new Metroid!

Henmii

Dezzy

Henmii wrote:

There won't be a Galaxy 3 guys! They won't make a big, free-roaming Mario, as much as we would like it. They probably make another 3D Land/World, or something totally different. But it won't be a big, free-roaming title. Mario Galaxy 3 is almost as unlikely as a new Metroid!

That's a nice list of unjustified assertions you have there. Shame if something happened to it

TuVictus

Well that's assuming Galaxy 3 would be free roaming, which if it ever is a thing, would definitely not be. The whole point of the Galaxy games is the linear, obstacle-course like level structure. But ugh if there's a 3D World 2. Just...ugh.

TuVictus

Sonicfan11589

I just did a quick google search for Super Mario Galaxy 3, and i got some results, i didn't search that hard. But according to at least this article:
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/super-mario-galaxy-3-wii-u-2015-...
A 3D Mario game is in development for Wii U or so it's rumored, We shall find out in a few days. Sorry if a post like this was already posted, i didn't go through all the other posts before this one.

Sonicfan11589

Bolt_Strike

Henmii wrote:

Well they're actually working on Metroid, so that bodes well for the future of Mario collectathons.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Dezzy

Operative wrote:

Well that's assuming Galaxy 3 would be free roaming, which if it ever is a thing, would definitely not be. The whole point of the Galaxy games is the linear, obstacle-course like level structure. But ugh if there's a 3D World 2. Just...ugh.

Galaxy was more like a bit of both I'd say. There were some fairly 64 like levels in Galaxy 1. The honeybee one and then the watery beach one with a lighthouse come to mind.

TuVictus

Dezzy wrote:

Operative wrote:

Galaxy was more like a bit of both I'd say. There were some fairly 64 like levels in Galaxy 1. The honeybee one and then the watery beach one with a lighthouse come to mind.

Good point, I honestly forgot about those, it's been so long

TuVictus

Ralizah

I've started playing Galaxy 2 recently for the first time, and I don't understand all the praise it gets. So far, it has removed any semblance of an interesting story, added annoying gameplay mechanics (like anything involving Yoshi), and taken away the exploratory joy of the original Galaxy.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.