Wii U Forum

Topic: super mario bros 5 WII U

Showing 1 to 12 of 12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

777nicholas362

1. Posted:

should nintendo release a super mario world sequel called super mario bros 5 for wii u and make it retail and downloadable. they should do it like the megaman games such as megaman 11 where they make it retro style. it shouldnt have nes graphics but snes graphics because the last super mario bros game was on snes (world). it should also have new stuff not just rehashes like the new super mario bros series

Hey I'm doin a Super Mario 64 Let's Play and I will do a Banjo-Kazooie Banjo-Tooie and more let's Plays. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/carolebeni30 DON'T WATCH MY OLDER VIDEOS!!! PLEEEZ

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Discostew

2. Posted:

Yoshi's Island is Super Mario Bros 5, or at least Super Mario World 2 (to which Super Mario World is considered to be Super Mario Bros 4).

The thing about this though, is that the "new" series is basically a continuation, just not in the retro style.

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage
Avatar

777nicholas362

3. Posted:

yoshis island is a prequel to the series and the new games arent direct sequels. the first one happens after sunshine, because bowser jr in in there.

Hey I'm doin a Super Mario 64 Let's Play and I will do a Banjo-Kazooie Banjo-Tooie and more let's Plays. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/carolebeni30 DON'T WATCH MY OLDER VIDEOS!!! PLEEEZ

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

4. Posted:

I consider New Super Mario Bros. as Super Mario Bros. 5

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Burning_Spear

5. Posted:

NO MORE NEW SUPER MARIO, PLEASE. ENOUGH ALREADY.

Edited on by Burning_Spear

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ToastyYogurt

6. Posted:

Ninty's not doing it. Ninty won't do it.

Continuation doesn't mean sequel, it means it's kind of a rebirth to the same style of gameplay. Considering Ninty has that going on, they are not likely to make a Mario in the style of a SNES game. That's not their style. They're not Capcom.

Besides, Capcom made Mega Man 9 + 10 after the original style of Mega Man games had been dormant for a while. When they announced MM9, the fact that classic Mega Man had been dormant for so long allowed Mega Man fans to be really excited, considering it was a throwback to days of yore. If Ninty made a Mario game with SNES graphics, considering they have New Super Mario Bros. being dished out to consumers everywhere, giving the same gameplay with newer graphics, "Super Mario Bros. 5" would just seem like a way for Nintendo to just make money off of people nostalgic of the early 90s, which would turn off several people as a marketing gimmick.

I'm pretty okay.
This is my pretty okay Toastyloggery.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

7. Posted:

nicholas362 wrote:

should nintendo release a super mario world sequel called super mario bros 5 for wii u and make it retail and downloadable. they should do it like the megaman games such as megaman 11 where they make it retro style. it shouldnt have nes graphics but snes graphics because the last super mario bros game was on snes (world). it should also have new stuff not just rehashes like the new super mario bros series

Wouldn't Super Mario 64 technically be Super Mario Bros 5? Besides we have the NSMB series which you can tell has taking ideas from SUper Mario World and other NES Mario games.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LunaticPandora

8. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Wouldn't Super Mario 64 technically be Super Mario Bros 5? Besides we have the NSMB series which you can tell has taking ideas from SUper Mario World and other NES Mario games.

Considering Luigi isn't in the original - no....?

LunaticPandora

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PloXyZeRO

9. Posted:

I can't wait for Super Mario 64 DS 2: U: The Movie: The Game!

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dumedum

10. Posted:

I can't believe they didn't go for Super Luigi Galaxy this year.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PloXyZeRO

11. Posted:

dumedum wrote:

I can't believe they didn't go for Super Luigi Galaxy this year.

Well we basically had it in the previous two games

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Captain_Balko

12. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

I can't wait for Super Mario 64 DS 2: U: The Movie: The Game!

If this was real I would buy it. Immediately. Just saying.

Captain_Balko