Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Mario 3D World may not be the only 3D Mario game to hit Wii U.

Showing 61 to 77 of 77

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

61. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Warruz wrote:

KaiserGX wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Between 3D World & Sonic Lost World we can safely say we're well and truly covered in all facets of platforming for a while... The blue bomber is doesin' it for the hardcore what the red plumber don't ;)

Megaman? Megman? Megaman turned crud for me after X3.

What ?! X4 was the best of the series

X4 was awesome. What also made it special is that it was the first 32-bit X title VS the '16-bit' X trilogy on the SNES. On it's own, X4 is easily one of the best in the X series, i'd rank it right behind X1. Now, X5 on the other hand is when the series turned to Count chocula cool-dudes crud. Inafune said that X5 was supposed to be the final entry in the X series, but they created X6 without his permission...X6 btw was terrible. ;) same deal with the other two that came afterwards.

Wait sorry I think I ment X5. That's the one where Zero is killed right?

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

62. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

I like Sonic too, not as much as most of you but the later games haven't been as good. There was a time where I tried out a lot of Genesis games. They had crazy stuff on there. Or that one Bug game on the Dreamcast. Though I herd not many people liked it.

RetroAussieBloke knows that if Bug & Bug Too! were ever available for awesome WiiU Saturn VC they would be insta download day ones... SKA-WISH! ;)

Just give me Mr Bones for that Saturn VC ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BandG

63. Posted:

what gave anyone the idea that there would even be a galaxy 3? i have no idea where that rumor came from, but it is VERY unlikely that there will be a galaxy 3 for a while. it just doesn't make sense
1. because nintendo is already getting crap for rehashing games
2. super mario galaxy 2 was just a collection of ideas left over from super mario galaxy 1
3D world is not a collection of left over ideas it is a completely new game, i think the multiplayer adds a lot to the formula, and if you dont like it, dont use it.
I also think this game looks incredibly similar to the galaxy games, without the gravity affects (which really didnt add that much anyway.) Think about it whats the difference?
How can people complain about this game if we have only seen at most 6 levels?
And since when did galaxy become a series? people are acting like there gonna make a new galaxy. NO they would add another game to the 3D mario series not to the galaxy games.
If they make another 3D mario it wont be galaxy so stop complaining and get ready to play 3D world which is looking really great.

Edited on by BandG

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

64. Posted:

@BandG
I don't think people mean a game literally called Galaxy 3 when they say Galaxy 3. When I say it I mean something on the scale of at least Galaxy with new content. That may be something much, much bigger along the lines of a "Super Mario Universe" but it could be a HD Galaxy with all new levels and a couple of new suits. People are saying Galaxy 3 in the same way people said Super Mario 128 after Super Mario 64 or, I would assume, Super Mario Bros 4 before Super Mario World came out. They've created a progression and people want the next game in that lineage.

Also I don't think people are complaining about 3D World existing or are saying that it doesn't look great. I know I'm not. What people are actually saying is that they were expecting something bigger, something on the scale of Galaxy or even more than that. This isn't that and it's kinda disappointing. It would be like if they had said there would be a brand new Zelda game on display at E3.... and then announced a new Four Swords.

Personally when I was watching the Nintendo Direct I was pretty happy about 3D World when I saw it. Then after they showed the trailer for 3D World I waited for the 3D Mario game they said they were going to show. Then they showed the new DK game and I was also pretty happy. Then after that trailer I waited for the new game Retro was working on...... Do you understand now?

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BandG

65. Posted:

its not that i didnt understand that, i wasnt specifically talking to you. i do agree with you on many things and i understand where you are coming from. But im happy about this game because ive been waiting for multiplayer in a 3D mario since it almost happened in 64. But yeah i would like an open world game ( as long as its not galaxy)

btw... i think the next zelda might be a OOT, SS, TP, etc. style four swords because anouma talked about multiplayer, im ecstatic about that.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LuigiTheGreenFire

66. Posted:

It had better not be the only 3D Mario game on Wii U, because it is not a true 3D Mario game.

Do not give us a Super Mario Galaxy 3 either. Just find some creative spin on previous 3D games, bring back power stars and the health meter, and you are just about ready to go.

Nintendo fan for life!

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiULoveSquid

67. Posted:

It's all about the multiplayer. Miyamoto knows what people liked about Galaxy/sunshine/64, he really does believe it or not. He's already said he'll return to that style of 3D Mario in the future. But that is not what they did here. That's not what they wanted to do. But what they did do is perfect looking so far for their ambition: make a four player 3D game. And it's gonna be a significant entry in the series for that ambition. Just like Galaxy was for the level it took the single player 3D games.

It really is all about the multiplayer. People may not like it, but they need to give it credit once it achieves high marks for its primary ambition.

My other console is a next gen

"If we were all trees, there'd be no more wars. 'Caus we'd be trees. "

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintySince96

68. Posted:

skywake wrote:

NintySince96 wrote:

Fazermint wrote:

To argue that 3D World lacks creativity solely because it is a sequel to 3D Land is quite ironic when the very same people want SMG3.

What a straw man argument. Before 3D World was ever announced most ppl were saying that SMG3, while nice, would feel a bit stale and they wanted something new. It wasn't until after 3D World's announcement that people are a lot more excited about Galaxy 3.

It's not a strawman argument. I don't agree with it and I agree even less with what you're saying but it's not a strawman. A strawman is when you attack a claim that sounds like what your "opponent" is saying but isn't what they are saying instead of addressing them directly.

If anyone is creating a strawman argument here it would be you. Fazermint did not say anything about the timing of the comments at all. All he said was that it's ironic how people who are disappointed with the idea of 3D World because it lacks creativity would have been happier with Galaxy 3. Because in his view another Galaxy, a third Mario Galaxy, would have been more derivative than a full HD console version of 3D Land. It's possible to argue that. I don't agree with that take on it because I'm one of the people who Fazermint is talking about but it is subjective and so it's possible to argue

Personally I did want something like a Galaxy 3 before the announcement and I would have been very happy with a Galaxy 3. I still do. I also think that a Galaxy 3 even if it was just a HD version of what Galaxy 2 was to the original would have been more creative than 3D World. So I am one of the people who would be the exception to your made up rule.

When did I ever accuse Fazermint of saying anything about the timing of the comments? That was my own commentary about the situation. The fact that you wanted something like Galaxy 3 doesn't mean that everybody did. I called his argument a straw man because he made it out to be like everybody that doesn't like 3D World wanted the new announcement to be Galaxy 3. That's simply not true. The fact that we like Galaxy 3 better than 3D World doesn't mean that is what we all wanted as our first choice. I wasn't the first person to call Fazermint out on his statement.

NintySince96

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

69. Posted:

It isn't that 3D world lacks creativity its just it seems like a rush job and people were expecting so much more from the first HD 3D Mario. I mean this is obviously following the 3D land path which is fine as 3D land is my favorite 3D mario game but its so unimpressive.

Comparing these Screenshots 3D world just looks so boring like an HD 3DS game.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I wished the game was made with the MK8 or SSBWU model's than the 3D land/NSMB one.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DreamyViridi

70. Posted:

Can't see that much of a difference to be honest.
Mind you, I'm not one that pays too much attention to graphics. I did notice that the flagpole top is reflecting the level surroundings which is a nice touch.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Big_L91

71. Posted:

@luigimon

yeah that is a sweet little detail i hadnt noticed

put it on.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

72. Posted:

element187 wrote:

NintySince96 wrote:

Before 3D World was announced I would have been disappointed with SMG3. Now I welcome it with open arms. Just give me a Galaxy experience with 1080p 60 fps and let the nightmare end.

If you think you will get a 1080p @60fps 3D Mario game, you are delusional.... I'm the Wii U's biggest defender, but no way the system can handle that.... DKCRTF would be 1080p@60fps before any full 3D game could.... The system was intentionally designed for full 720p gaming, the only titles that will be 1080p will be games not very demanding, and 3d Mario games are pretty demanding of the hardware.

Pikmin 3 is 1080p (says so on the back of the box as you can see below), and I'm pretty sure all those individual Pikmin, not to mention enemies and changing environments, is pretty taxing.
Untitled

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tainy

73. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

element187 wrote:

NintySince96 wrote:

Before 3D World was announced I would have been disappointed with SMG3. Now I welcome it with open arms. Just give me a Galaxy experience with 1080p 60 fps and let the nightmare end.

If you think you will get a 1080p @60fps 3D Mario game, you are delusional.... I'm the Wii U's biggest defender, but no way the system can handle that.... DKCRTF would be 1080p@60fps before any full 3D game could.... The system was intentionally designed for full 720p gaming, the only titles that will be 1080p will be games not very demanding, and 3d Mario games are pretty demanding of the hardware.

Pikmin 3 is 1080p (says so on the back of the box as you can see below), and I'm pretty sure all those individual Pikmin, not to mention enemies and changing environments, is pretty taxing.
Untitled

I pointed this out on the Pikmin 3 thread but I'll say it again here. The box says the game outputs in up to 1080p but renders in 720p. You can see where it says 720p in smaller text.

Unfortunately, I agree with NintySince96. The Wii U is not that much better in computational power than an Xbox 360 or PS3 (the Wii U's CPU is very weak in comparison). It does have twice the RAM and a better GPU, but it still can't just render any game in 1080p without noticeable sacrifices elsewhere.

Tainy

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

74. Posted:

I was expecting to have native 1080p for this game. Did someone translate the text or something?
Anyways... it doesn't matter too much. It would have been nice, but it's still better than anything Xbox 360 or PS3 can do, which is why I got a Wii U to begin with(besides games like Pikmin, MK, and SSB of course).
Any ammount of improvement is welcome.
Also, the resolution doesn't mean everything. We could still get some graphically demanding games. They just won't show up in 1080p or above.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

banacheck

75. Posted:

So looking forwards to Pikmin3, not long to go now.

I hope Nintendo is making another Mario, something like Mario Sunshine, Mario Sunshine 2 hopeful. With having finished New Super Mario Bros but still play it sometimes, i'm looking forwards to Super Mario 3D World now.

banacheck

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

76. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I was expecting to have native 1080p for this game. Did someone translate the text or something?
Anyways... it doesn't matter too much. It would have been nice, but it's still better than anything Xbox 360 or PS3 can do, which is why I got a Wii U to begin with(besides games like Pikmin, MK, and SSB of course).
Any ammount of improvement is welcome.
Also, the resolution doesn't mean everything. We could still get some graphically demanding games. They just won't show up in 1080p or above.

I think the problem is that while with Nintendo we will be getting mostly 720p/60fps or 1080p/60fps most of the other developers are using the One/PS4 to try and get 1080p/60fps.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

77. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I was expecting to have native 1080p for this game. Did someone translate the text or something?
Anyways... it doesn't matter too much. It would have been nice, but it's still better than anything Xbox 360 or PS3 can do, which is why I got a Wii U to begin with(besides games like Pikmin, MK, and SSB of course).
Any ammount of improvement is welcome.
Also, the resolution doesn't mean everything. We could still get some graphically demanding games. They just won't show up in 1080p or above.

I think the problem is that while with Nintendo we will be getting mostly 720p/60fps or 1080p/60fps most of the other developers are using the One/PS4 to try and get 1080p/60fps.

They already confirmed 4K support. How Are they "trying" to get 1080p @ 60fps when these consoles are so much more powerful, supposedly? That shouldn't be a problem to implement at all. There should be more than enough legroom to basically make any game run in 1080p @ 60 fps. Even W/O trying. That's why more powerful machines are easier to work with. You essentially know everything leading up to that point, and can literally apply that immediately, then just do more from there.
In otherwords, I don't believe what you're saying. It's the same programming it's always been, just on a larger scale.
The Xbox One/PS4 should be able to do 1080p @ 60fps, regardless of whatever is on screen. The only issues I see coming up are trying to do 2K/4K @ 30fps, and even more so @ 60 fps.
If it's true they're having problems with standard stuff, than perhaps Microsoft and Sony aimed their sights too far in advance.

Another thing to note, is that it's important these companies know what their machine can potentially do BEFORE the testing phase.
Obviously, a 4K port is required right off the bat to carry the signal(the Wii U can carry 4K @ 30 just based of the HDMI port, which an accessory could easily fix, but that's beside the point). The components inside such as the CPU and GPU are the things actually rendering the picture. The GPU less so, but it still contributes.
The CPU has to be able to assign what's being processed to an individual pixel. 4K is 4 times as clear as 1080p, so the CPU has to physically render 300% more pixels than 1080p. The display you're using has just as much input for the resolution, because it obviously needs the pixels there to use said pixels.

Even the Wii U can probably output images or videos in 4K(not video games, because that requires more processing).

The type of graphics Xbox One and PS4 are creating are VERY backwards compatible in terms of 1080p. 1080p rendered content CAN'T show up in 4K, but 4K content can show up in 1080p. It's all about memory, and what's physically there.

To back my point, Xbox One can't even connect to SDTVs anymore. That means SDTVs cannot physically show anything Xbox One is doing, without some external hardware.

$¢@®³’²