Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Mario 3D World may not be the only 3D Mario game to hit Wii U.

Showing 21 to 40 of 77

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SammyOfMobius

21. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii had no new bosses.

Except, you know, The Koopa Kids. And I don't care how old you think it is, it was new for the NSMB series and it wasn't in it's predecessor.

The Koopalings weren't new bosses! The Koopalings appeared in Super Mario Bros. 3 (1990; 19 years before NSMBWii) and Super Mario World (1991; 18 years before NSMBWii). I know they weren't in NSMBDS, but that doesn't mean they're completely new bosses!

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PloXyZeRO

22. Posted:

Let's just have New Super Mario Bros. Sunshine Land World Galaxy Universe 64 3DS Wii U. That way we can make everyone happy. Of course, with separate multiplayer and single player modes.

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

23. Posted:

I know this has been mentioned several times already, but WHY ARE WE JUDGING A GAME THAT HASN'T EVEN COME OUT YET AS IF WE KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!? Seriously people...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

24. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I know this has been mentioned several times already, but WHY ARE WE JUDGING A GAME THAT HASN'T EVEN COME OUT YET AS IF WE KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!? Seriously people...

because if this game is in any way a major departure from the past few Mario platformers, they've not done a good job showing it.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rlopez1996

25. Posted:

Mario galaxy 2 sucks y cant we have mario sunshine 2?

3ds Friend code 4914-3359-2138

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

26. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

List the parts of SMG2 that were different than the original. If you say the level design is completely and utterly different from the original then the same most definitely applies to NSMBWii compared to NSMBDS. [...]

Really? Are you even talking about the same games? Would be like saying Majora's Mask was equally as important a Zelda game as Spirit Tracks because they both differed "by equal amounts" from the games they followed. What a joke.

As for the topic of COURSE this is happening. There are always more Marios and more Zeldas in development and this early in the console's life we're bound to see some of it before the end of the console's life. Especially when the shelf life of consoles has been getting increasingly longer. Also I think I said something along these lines in another thread anyways. That there are now three Mario series. The New SMB series which is purely 2D, the 3D World series which is about the bite sized 3D Mario and the traditional 3D Mario which is where they try to push the boundaries of the 3D Platforming genre.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiULoveSquid

27. Posted:

No to it all. Mario's next game will take place mostly in and around Neo Bowser City. And that's all there is to it.

My other console is a next gen

"If we were all trees, there'd be no more wars. 'Caus we'd be trees. "

AuthorMessage
Avatar

thatguyEZ

28. Posted:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

Mickey wrote:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii had no new bosses.

Except, you know, The Koopa Kids. And I don't care how old you think it is, it was new for the NSMB series and it wasn't in it's predecessor.

The Koopalings weren't new bosses! The Koopalings appeared in Super Mario Bros. 3 (1990; 19 years before NSMBWii) and Super Mario World (1991; 18 years before NSMBWii). I know they weren't in NSMBDS, but that doesn't mean they're completely new bosses!

I think he was just talking about them being new as far as the NSMB series is concerned and not new as far as the entire Mario franchise is concerned, but i could me mistaken.

But Super Mario Sunshine 2 FTW ;3

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter: theinfamousdjez

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

29. Posted:

thatguyEZ wrote:

I think he was just talking about them being new as far as the NSMB series is concerned and not new as far as the entire Mario franchise is concerned, but i could me mistaken.

Well if that's the case then this was also entirely new....

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

30. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

I know this has been mentioned several times already, but WHY ARE WE JUDGING A GAME THAT HASN'T EVEN COME OUT YET AS IF WE KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!? Seriously people...

because if this game is in any way a major departure from the past few Mario platformers, they've not done a good job showing it.

This, and also - this is a Mario game; it's not going to be significantly different from what people see of it now. I promise you that.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

31. Posted:

Spirit Tracks, while also not the most inspired game, at least eventually showed Zelda's very well done and unique importance to the story AND gameplay to hype people. Also there weren't other more interesting looking titles in the same genre coming out at the same time.

I do genuinely feel bad for 3D World, as it isn't the game's fault at all for a lot of people's meh reactions. If they had made a really new Mario game (and if Paper Mario Sticker Star was allowed to have new characters and a story too...) people would be way happier for this game, as it looks cool and better than the 3DS one. But even if that wasn't true, the other first party titles look more interesting. We'll see if that means better, but I wouldn't be surprised at all.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

32. Posted:

skywake wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

List the parts of SMG2 that were different than the original. If you say the level design is completely and utterly different from the original then the same most definitely applies to NSMBWii compared to NSMBDS. [...]

Really? Are you even talking about the same games? Would be like saying Majora's Mask was equally as important a Zelda game as Spirit Tracks because they both differed "by equal amounts" from the games they followed. What a joke.

1. When did this become an issue of the game's relevance?
2. Majora's Mask was pretty irrelevant to the series as a whole, that doesn't change how awesome it was, but at the risk of derailing this topic further, I'm done for now here, please don't reply again. :P

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

33. Posted:

Note that I said that as someone who is a huge fan and defender of the DS Zelda games and the New SMB series......

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Warruz

34. Posted:

3D world is just another mario entry to the spread independent of the rest.

We now have:
NSMB
Super Mario 3D
Super Mario insert name (the flagship console title)

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com
Series of articles dealing with ways to improve Wii U Marketing - http://pauseyourgame.com/2013/10/what-nintendo-wii-u-need-to-do-part-1/

Twitter: Warruz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Fazermint

35. Posted:

To argue that 3D World lacks creativity solely because it is a sequel to 3D Land is quite ironic when the very same people want SMG3. Such arguments are simply not thought through before they are splattered around the internet. While I greatly enjoyed SMG2, I would not call it creative in the sense of bringing something new to the table. 3D World is the first of the new 3D series (if you can even call it that) to land on a home console, while there are already two Galaxy titles for home console. If you abide by simple logic, 3D World brings more to the table than a third Galaxy title would in terms of creativity.

Fazermint

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WebHead

36. Posted:

Calling it. 2015 will have Super Mario Universe. :P

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kewlan

37. Posted:

As long as it's fun and brings new entertaining levels, then I'm fine with it.

ಠ_ಠ
Biggest Hyrule Warriors fan on planet earth.
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

38. Posted:

Fazermint wrote:

To argue that 3D World lacks creativity solely because it is a sequel to 3D Land is quite ironic when the very same people want SMG3.

Yea, don't focus on all those people who want something new entirely, me included.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WebHead

39. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

Fazermint wrote:

To argue that 3D World lacks creativity solely because it is a sequel to 3D Land is quite ironic when the very same people want SMG3.

Yea, don't focus on all those people who want something new entirely, me included.

Lol this. Nintendo fans are such hypocrites lol.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

40. Posted:

Between 3D World & Sonic Lost World we can safely say we're well and truly covered in all facets of platforming for a while... The blue bomber is doesin' it for the hardcore what the red plumber don't ;)

MAB