Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,409

Big_L91

Nintomdo64 wrote:

Does anyone know if this has an assist mode like NSMBU or Mario Galaxy? My wife liked collecting stars and creating platforms in those games. Hoping for something similar.

yeah it does, if you play one player with a wiimote or something else and give your wife the gamepad she can hold enemys, break boxs and move platforms ect.

put it on.

cookiex

Live recordings of the soundtrack.

I sense the last one is for the pagoda level.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

WebHead

DestinyMan wrote:

Highlights from the Iwata Asks
http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wiiu/super-mario-3...

• Over 100 people contributed to Super Mario 3D World, with Koizumi describing it as "more like managing a battalion"
  • Miyamoto has largely left the 3D Mario team to work on their own without a lot of his guidance since Super Mario Galaxy 2, with the first Super Mario Galaxy being the last Mario game he was actively involved in
  • It was Motokura who said "Let's put everything in!" and allowed Super Mario 3D World to be dense in content
  • Even though Cat Mario may seem overpowered, Miyamoto felt that it would best for the player to decide whether to use the powerful suit or not rather than leave it in the hands of the developer who would prioritize character balance to the point of placing a rigid restriction
  • Although the Nintendo developers thought about controlling multiple characters at once before, they thought it would be too taxing
  • Double Mario was created by mistake
  • Motokura was the one who wanted Rosalina to be playable, while Koizumi wanted her cat suit to be black
  • Rosalina is unlockable after you beat the main game
  • Luigi Bros. is also unlockable after you beat the main game, unless you have New Super Luigi U, in which case you can play it from the start
  • Koizumi had always wanted Luigi to be playable alongside Mario in a 3D Mario game since 64 and also wanted a female playable character in Super Mario Galaxy, two regrets that Super Mario 3D World took care of
  • A couple of Japanese instruments are heard that are often not used in video games

Miyamoto didn't have much involvement eh? Interesting.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Blast

Shigeru Miyamoto is working on a new IP for Wii U so he's prolly busy with that.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

ThePirateCaptain

This game may just have the best Mario soundtrack in existence. The songs we've heard from the trailers were amazing, and that video that @cookiex posted just solidifies it for me.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

shingi_70

Morpheel wrote:

Looks like rosalina's catsuit will be black
Untitled

She's a fat cat.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

WebHead

DestinyMan wrote:

There was also this interesting exchange on the possibility of a Super Mario Galaxy 3.

Miyamoto: "Just so there is no misunderstanding, I should point out that this doesn't mean we'll never make another Super Mario Galaxy game."

Koizumi: "That's right. When we first started making Super Mario 3D World, Miyamoto-san asked me if this was going to be more like Super Mario Galaxy or more like Super Mario 3D Land. When we made Super Mario 3D Land, we had our eyes on the form of this game, so we made it this way without any hesitation. "

Miyamoto: "The same team can't make both at the same time. And we can't bring in a second party and slap the name Super Mario Galaxy on it. I suppose we could idealistically make both in Tokyo, but we want to do something new too, so there was that dilemma."

Iwata: "Well, uniqueness and a high degree of freedom versus how easy a game is to understand are always polar opposites."

Miyamoto: "Personally, I would like to take on a variety of new challenges with Super Mario Galaxy and design 2D Super Mario games in an easy-to-understand way within certain restraints."

Given that Rosalina is a playabler character in SM3DW and all the Galaxy talk that Miyamoto has been doing, I'm starting to think we might get Galaxy 3 on Wii U next.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

rockybalboa

God i cant wait for this game

rockybalboa

Exile20

IGN gave the review score of SM3DW. 9.6

Edited on by Exile20

Exile20

cookiex

Am I the only one that finds it weird that the embargo remains for Mario 3D World but not for A Link Between Worlds (seriously, there's 30+ reviews for that game on Metacritic already).

Oh well, since Famitsu gave their verdict and IGN (accidentally) posted theirs it may be lifted in a day or two.

cookiex

JonnyKong

Ooo anyone care to give a brief breakdown of what was said in the review?

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

JonnyKong

I've watched it now.

The new levels revealed on the vid are freaking beautiful.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

UTXGamer

Guitardude7 wrote:

The dropbox link isn't working. Anyone else have another source?

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AgentCarmichael

Nintendo Network ID: AgentCarmichael

cookiex

Untitled

cookiex

ThePirateCaptain

It sounds like there will indeed be extra worlds after completing the first 8, just like in Super Mario 3D Land. I'm glad to hear that, and that they're challenging as well.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

DudeSean

Oh, good, because having one blonde wasn't enough...

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

UTXGamer

DudeSean wrote:

Words to live by, amirite?

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AgentCarmichael

Nintendo Network ID: AgentCarmichael

DudeSean

UTXGamer wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

Words to live by, amirite?

How do you think this makes all the non-blonde females out there feel? Not to mention all the non-white females.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.