Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Mario 3D World

Showing 921 to 940 of 1,622

AuthorMessage

Guitardude7

921. Posted:

GamecubeMan wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Is anyone willing to make predictions on how the final battle is going to play out?

cat pajamas

BRILLIANT. FIVE STARS. A+. FOUR STARS.

Guitardude7

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

922. Posted:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Is anyone willing to make predictions on how the final battle is going to play out?

You must fight against Cat Bowser.

But, really, I hope that I don't have to fight Giant Bowser yet again, even if he did look awesome in this game. Hopefully with the more creative Bowser battles in this game (who saw that super evil car coming?) that won't be the case.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

923. Posted:

@DestinyMan - Well, 3D Land has a pretty cool chase for its Final Boss. Maybe we'll get something similar to that.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

CM30

924. Posted:

I'm hoping for no more giant Bowser too.

Indeed, you know what else I'm hoping for? An exciting boss battle which is actually a fight and not a chase sequence. Maybe have it so you fight Bowser in arena 1 for a bit, then chase him to another part of the castle, then continue fighting (with a new strategy), etc. Make something truly epic for the final boss here Nintendo.

Maybe a bit like this:

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

925. Posted:

Much like in the two Galaxy games in how you fight Bowser the same way, but three separate times with each occasion getting a bit harder, I guess this game will be the same. So as we've already seen footage of him attacking us in his car, the vehicle is surely gonna be used in some way in the final fight too.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

926. Posted:

Major apologies if this has already been discussed, but I noticed on the newest trailer Peach having to float over to get a green star, through those two moving gates.

Are the other three gonna be able to jump such a long distance?

If not, then I can only assume some levels have green stars that can only be required by specific characters.

Or not, I'm sure Mario can use his long jump..

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

927. Posted:

@CM30 you do realize you just described the final battle in sticker star? :P

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

928. Posted:

Interesting new interview here..

http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-3d-world-devs-on-games-en...

The way they can't talk about the Toad mini game indicates to me that they're probably saving that for the next Direct presentation.

I'm intrigued about how they mention the progression of the world map to be surprising.

AuthorMessage

Mickey

929. Posted:

Real quote from Miyamoto from the interview:

I would add that women have a sexy cat-side and I wanted to see what would a cat Peach ( laughs ).

Miyamoto, even though you're technically speaking Japanese, I think you're speaking my language...

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

930. Posted:

@JohnnyKong: Thanks for sharing that! It was an extremely wide-ranging interview.

Here are interesting bits and pieces from that interview, but keep in mind that it's from a rough translation.

• Why online wasn't integrated:
    Koizumi: "We decided from the outset to be limited to local multiplayer. At the time of Super Mario Galaxy, we conducted tests for the online game and we have technical expertise to implement. However, we chose to focus on a user-friendly experience in the same room."
  • How the Cat Suit came about
    Motokura: "In terms of development, we had a bunch of ideas of movement, some involving climbing walls, rappelling over or move on all fours. When we had to find one to be able to do all this, the idea of the cat has been adopted fairly quickly compared to the dog, for example. The fact that it is a pet which people attach very easily not played poorly in his favor too."
    Miyamoto: "I would add that women have a sexy cat-side and I wanted to see what would a cat Peach ( laughs )."
  • Why Nintendo uses familiar worlds like deserts and beaches
    Motokura: "To lose anyone early in the game, we kept a fairly orthodox sequence on the first level, but you should find most unexpected things moving forward in the game
  • Whether it's still possible to spend years making a Mario game
    Koizumi: "Having worked on Mario 64, I can assure you he has not asked four years of development, but I still want to comment vis-à-vis your question. The technical specifications of the new machines actually require more time for games and it’s obviously a challenge for us to deliver good games without increasing their gestation period."
  • Whether the team has considered applying the formula of Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat for a Mario game
    Koizumi: ( Surprised ) "You played Jungle Jungle Beat Donkey? On GameCube or Wii?"
    Aaaah … ( he bows ) "Thank you very much. ( laughter ) Mr. Motokura also participated in the development of the game as a designer and it’s just after that he became designer of the characters on the Mario games. Today, he left this task to younger employees to become a director, but I am convinced that if we take care of the playable characters and their movements, it is responsible for the heart of the game we all both officiated on Donkey Kong Jungle Beat , so be certain that this heritage for design has not been lost in the last Mario. If the simplicity of Jungle Beat misses you, I invite you to play more to 3D World to find that spirit."
  • The possibility of a radical change in artistic direction for Mario
    Koizumi: "You want a Mario without a mustache, for example?" ( smile )
    Koizumi: ( laughs ) "Our basic idea of the visual style of Mario, is to have something easy to understand and play. This is almost a historical reason. If we realized that design or other pastel possible to achieve this goal, we might opt for a different style."
  • On the possibility of working on an external studio for a Mario title
    Koizumi: "Well, this is my personal opinion but I think that with all the experience accumulated by the teams of Mario or Zelda, it would be difficult to fully leave a key episode of the series to external studios. However, as we have found ways to collaborate on projects with other companies, it would probably be possible to do the same thing with Mario finding a truly talented and motivated team."
  • Whether Nintendo will return to a Mario game in the same style of Mario 64 and Sunshine
    Koizumi: "I do not know how we can consider Super Mario 64 as an open world game, but I think Super Mario Sunshine is more consistent with this definition because of the city and entire worlds to explore. Our starting point vis-à-vis Super Mario is to ensure that players always know where to go. It is for this reason that we have placed great emphasis on placement and visibility flags, particularly in Super Mario 3D World . Again, as creators, we want a large number of people can play and enjoy the game, it’s kind of our duty to ensure that the objectives are clear to everyone. However, if a very substantial number of players and players expressed the desire for a more open Mario, we would take this request seriously."

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

931. Posted:

It's no problem DM, or shall I call you Plessie ;)

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

932. Posted:

Like in the interview, I never understood how people see Mario 64 as an "open-world game".

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

CM30

933. Posted:

Longforgotten wrote:

Like in the interview, I never understood how people see Mario 64 as an "open-world game".

Because it's more open than the other 3D Mario games. Sunshine? People like to say it's open, but it's honestly more linear than 64, with you being forced to beat all seven missions in order in each 'world' to unlock the final level. Galaxy? Levels lost the sandbox feel and ability to go far off the beaten path.

Obviously it's not as open as say, GTA or Skyrim or Zelda or Pokemon, but people call it open world because it's more open and less linear than the other 3D Mario titles.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

934. Posted:

Play Together TV Commercial

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

935. Posted:

I don't think showing off the 'blow into the gamepad' mechanic is really the best way to be advertising the Wii U's unique abilities, but nm.

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

936. Posted:

The official site just recenty went up. Check it out here: http://supermario3dworld.nintendo.com/

There is no puzzle without a solution!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7 | Twitter: PuzzleMaster7

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

937. Posted:

Some very exciting and interesting new footage in commercial 4 in particular..

http://nintendoeverything.com/japanese-super-mario-3d-world-c...

Edited on by JonnyKong

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

938. Posted:

[quote=CM30]

Longforgotten wrote:

"Because it's more open than the other 3D Mario games. Sunshine? People like to say it's open, but it's honestly more linear than 64, with you being forced to beat all seven missions in order in each 'world' to unlock the final level. Galaxy? Levels lost the sandbox feel and ability to go far off the beaten path."

Ok interesting, because it certainly didn't feel that way to me, I would have to play it again. I guess I just really liked that "open-do whatever you want" area at the beach. Also all the levels looked more spacious to me, well that is what I remember anyway. Off topic: Just looked at some sunshine gameplay... Oh how I missed that fast-paced gameplay :O

Edited on by Spanjard

Spanjard

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

939. Posted:

All four Japanese commercials in one

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

940. Posted:

Man, that first commercial looks very exciting. :)

Spanjard