Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 581 to 600 of 1,409

Znerd

DestinyMan wrote:

What has a better chance at happening: Wart in Super Mario 3D World or King K. Rool in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze?

Wart I mean seriously we saw Boom Boom again after all this time

Znerd

3DS Friend Code: 0817-3916-6690 | Nintendo Network ID: ZGameing

SammyOfMobius

DestinyMan wrote:

What has a better chance at happening: Wart in Super Mario 3D World or King K. Rool in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze?

Wart

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

CM30

King K Rool, because we already have pretty good evidence that Bowser's the main villain in 3D World:

See 35 seconds or so in, when the player dies.

So it's nearly guaranteed that Bowser instead of Wart is the main villain, whereas no one has a clue whether K Rool truly is or isn't in Tropical Freeze (especially with some of Retro's weird and 'dodgy' wording). And Wart has less possible roles to play in a 3D Mario game than K Rool does in a Donkey Kong Country one.

But to be honest, neither's chances are particularly high at the moment.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

mamp

It's because Wart is awesome he was just an awesome boss and IDK I think he looks cool in a weird way. I would really like to see him come back in a future entry even as a cameo (cuz I wanna see what he would look like now)

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

WebHead

Am I the only one that has a feeling that when the reviews come, E3 disappointment bias will get points taken off the game's review scores?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

MrWalkieTalkie

DestinyMan wrote:

Wart definitely. 3D World is giving off more and more hints with it's many SMB2 references. While it's already clear that K. Rool isn't behind this armada attacking DK's island.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

CM30

WebHead wrote:

Am I the only one that has a feeling that when the reviews come, E3 disappointment bias will get points taken off the game's review scores?

Hard to tell. On the one hand, New Super Mario Bros 2 got ripped apart by many sites for being seen as disappointing and more of the same... but generally it seems reviewers don't seem to really rate games based on fan reaction and what could have been. Otherwise Paper Mario Sticker Star would be absolutely ripped to pieces by every review on the internet.

Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!

Twitter:

kkslider5552000

CM30 wrote:

Otherwise Paper Mario Sticker Star would be absolutely ripped to pieces by every review on the internet.

3 words.
Mass.
Effect.
Three.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CM30

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CM30 wrote:

Otherwise Paper Mario Sticker Star would be absolutely ripped to pieces by every review on the internet.

3 words.
Mass.
Effect.
Three.

Did that game get bad reviews by critics? I know the general reaction towards it was harsh and many people hated the ending, but the likes of Metacritic gives it about 90%.

Similarly, there have always been quite a few games in the old days which got great reviews in magazines, but are seen as absolute crap by any normal person/player. Probably due to either hype, paying off the reviewer/publication or both.

There's also the fact that whether you like this game or not, it's probably not going to be an objectively poor game like Sticker Star. Heck, even New Super Mario Bros 2 was a decent game, and guess what? It's still got mostly 'okay' reviews and a 78% average on Metacritic. Given how this is far more original even from what we've seen so far, I wouldn't bet against reviewers still considering it a 90% average game. I also wouldn't discount how quite a few sites more charitable to Nintendo do actually exist and can potentially affect average review scores, so I suspect we'll see it get great reviews from sites like this one and the Official Nintendo Magazine.

Twitter:

cookiex

TBF the only part of Mass Effect 3 that is overly disliked is the ending. The overall package, minus the last ten minutes, is perfectly solid.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Mickey

This might all be in my head, but it looks like it has better focus on the characters this time. And the new background is much appreciated.

(That is, if it's real.)

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

MrWalkieTalkie

DestinyMan wrote:

Has the box art been updated?
Untitled
If this is legit, then it looks much better this time.

It hasn't I saw that before. Someone on tumblr added the sky with photoshop to show much better it would be if Nintendo had done so.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Snagrio

My favorite part was getting to carry around a Piranha Plant and just chomp away at everything.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Blast

*Super Mario 3D World U walks in and says one thing.... "Don't worry. I'm here"*IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!! MUST BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

WebHead

Does 3D World still look same old same old?

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Romeo

this new trailer, wow..
it looks amazing!!

Romeo

JoyBoy

Just watched the trailer... It looks really nice, can't wait to play this game!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

cookiex

I was doubting this game before but thanks to that trailer I'm much more excited for it. The visuals are just gorgeous! <3

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Captain_Toad

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Looks great! It's a shame people hate it for not being 64 2 or Galaxy 3...

I don't know dude, after that trailer. I don't think people'll be even care it not being another 64 or galaxy.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.