Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World

Posts 541 to 560 of 1,459

BandG

Anyone else surprised that there has only been one trailer and a few screenshots since E3 for this big of a game?

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

Kewlan

Not really, it is a while until it releases after all.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

suburban_sensei

Folofus wrote:

Wonder if it has actual 3d cause I've got a 3d tv so that'd be cool.

Technically, it can be 3D, depending on your 3DTV. The LG my fiance and I have has a button that converts 2D images to 3D. It doesn't work perfectly, but I am not going to lie, a few times I have fiddled with it during movies like a few of my Star Wars blu-rays, and it actually worked quite well. I saw Episode I in 3D and I kid you not, the 2D-3D button on my tv did a better job than the garbage transfer I saw in theaters!

As for my thoughts on Super Mario 3D World. I am extremely excited. I had no real desire to get a Wii U quite yet, but games like this that seem to be enhanced by multiplayer are pushing me into getting one very soon. I understand 3D World won't come out for some time, but i'd like to have the system before all the big games come out, plus we'll have NSMB U to play until then. It gives her and I something to do together, and I am a Nintendo freak, so I think sometimes even if a game isn't that great, I still try to find the positives.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby Triple Deluxe / Prof. Layton vs. Pheonix (3DS)
Far Cry 4 / GTA V (PS4)

Snagrio

DestinyMan wrote:

Now this game has swapped release months with Donkey Kong and is releasing on November 22 for $60. Nintendo is clearly banking on Mario to start the holiday season strong for Wii U.

Well, it worked for 3DS, so such a plan is hardly surprising.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Ryno

Big_L91 wrote:

i dont see why it couldnt be in 3d it cant be that hard ive played a few games where its an option. ACIII for example.

Yeah, I don't understand why Nintendo has a portable with a a big emphasis on 3D and then their home console.doesn't have that option? I never played ACIII, does the Wii U version have a true stereoscopic 3D mode?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

kkslider5552000

gee, it sure will be difficult to not get this game with the sequel to my favorite game of 2010 coming out weeks later for a cheaper price

pfft

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

moomoo

Ryno wrote:

Big_L91 wrote:

i dont see why it couldnt be in 3d it cant be that hard ive played a few games where its an option. ACIII for example.

Yeah, I don't understand why Nintendo has a portable with a a big emphasis on 3D and then their home console.doesn't have that option? I never played ACIII, does the Wii U version have a true stereoscopic 3D mode?

Yeah, it offers it. The option is there, although I don't know if it actually works, as I don't have a 3D TV.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

kkslider5552000

DestinyMan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

gee, it sure will be difficult to not get this game with the sequel to my favorite game of 2010 coming out weeks later for a cheaper price

pfft

I was already going to get Donkey Kong on Day One anyway, but the lower price will only reinforce that. I'll put off Mario until Christmas.

I'm still pretty excited for the game, though. This looks to be the strongest Nintendo Christmas in a while.

yeah, I haven't seen Nintendo this consistently awesome around this time since DS' flawless lineup after Kirby Canvas Curse. To put it simply, even ignoring downloadable only titles, Pikmin 3 has been great, W101 will be great (or at least an experience I'm happy I tried), Sonic Lost World might be the best 3D Sonic yet, ACIV seems to be everything good about the last game minus the things I hated (plus open world pirates game is crazy), and...not joking here, totally expecting DKC:TP, Rayman Legends and Watch Dogs to be my personal GOTYCs. And all those Ubisoft games I'm genuinely confident will be better than on the 360 I own for reasons that pertain to gameplay specifically, and in 2 out of 3 cases the gamepad specifically.

Regardless of what happens later, this is a perfect storm of awesome that I can say that Super Mario 3D World will be a really, really good game and still isn't good enough that I'll get it over these titles instead of not getting it from a feeling of being sick of Mario titles (though I don't deny that;s still an issue). And with all the indie stuff too, it's so much good games. It makes me feel like a fanboy jerk for not supporting more XBLA btw, but I can at least make up with that with this in a way. And by again pointing out that I'm more interested in Ubisoft's use of the gamepad over Nintendo's titles this year (not saying not having it is somehow a bad thing, but it does still irk me a bit with how useless Nintendo is making it look like lately).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Ryno

Untitled

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Ryno

@Dark-Luigi: I dunno... not a fan of all the white. I'm just incredibly picky though.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Dark-Luigi

@Ryno I think that's just how 3D Mario games' box art is. Like Mario 3D Land for example:

Untitled

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

CM30

To be honest, the Mario 3D World box looks a hell of a less plain than the 3D Land one did. I don't know, seems like the white is less of a problem on this one.

Also, while the Nintendo Network is intriguing, I suspect it's just saying this game is compatible with Miiverse.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

Twitter:

WaveBoy

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
I wish it wasn't so fuzzy so I could see the details better.

I hate it when nintendo gets minimal and does the all white background crap. The Mario Kart series suffered this nasty fate the moment Mario Kart DS was released and the BLAND as heck trend still continues . Also, at first glance this almost looks like a Mario Party cover.

Edited on by WaveBoy

WaveBoy

Znerd

WaveBoy wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
I wish it wasn't so fuzzy so I could see the details better.

I hate it when nintendo gets minimal and does the all white background crap. The Mario Kart series suffered this nasty fate the moment Mario Kart DS was released and the BLAND as heck trend still continues . Also, at first glance this almost looks like a Mario Party cover.

I Will admit the boxart could have been alot better well the white part at least. But the Character models on the boxart look great. I mean compare it to alot of games that had the characters on it and it looks like the screenshots

Znerd

3DS Friend Code: 0817-3916-6690 | Nintendo Network ID: ZGameing

Big_L91

the wii u box art so far all seems to be amazing DK, mario and 101 are beautifull.

put it on.

Spanjard

I am really excited about this one. A 3d mario multiplayer game, can't go wrong there.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Znerd

Longforgotten wrote:

I am really excited about this one. A 3d mario multiplayer game, can't go wrong there.

Me to! I dont know why this game is getting so much hate considering that its a sequel to a RUSHED GAME

Znerd

3DS Friend Code: 0817-3916-6690 | Nintendo Network ID: ZGameing

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic