Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,409

shingi_70

Tainy wrote:

My only concern with this game is that it will be too easy. If it's anything like Super Mario 3D Land's difficulty, I simply won't buy it.

I found the second quest in 3D land to be challenging.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

Tainy wrote:

My only concern with this game is that it will be too easy. If it's anything like Super Mario 3D Land's difficulty, I simply won't buy it.

I found the second quest in 3D land to be challenging.

the Secret Worlds are the main reason that game is actually worthwhile. The challenge specifically, I'm not one to hate a game because it's easy but this really needed some challenge to get me to appreciate this game specifically.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

BandG

CM30 wrote:

BandG wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Emaan wrote:

The music is a remix of Super Mario Land's bonus mini-game tune~

Link

...wait, so Super Mario 3D Land doesn't get any SML references but Super Mario 3D World does? ...that's...um...random...

i dont find it random at all. 3d world has many references to other games not just SMB2. Ex: Chargin' Chucks from SMW.
they said they wanted to use stuff from every mario game which sounds very cool!

Wait, they actually said they wanted to use stuff from every Mario game? Got a source?

E3 Nintendo Direct. After they showed the trailer he said many times that (this would be the "Grand culmination of (3D) Mario Games"

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

Jani-Koblaney

BandG wrote:

CM30 wrote:

BandG wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Emaan wrote:

The music is a remix of Super Mario Land's bonus mini-game tune~

Link

...wait, so Super Mario 3D Land doesn't get any SML references but Super Mario 3D World does? ...that's...um...random...

i dont find it random at all. 3d world has many references to other games not just SMB2. Ex: Chargin' Chucks from SMW.
they said they wanted to use stuff from every mario game which sounds very cool!

Wait, they actually said they wanted to use stuff from every Mario game? Got a source?

E3 Nintendo Direct. After they showed the trailer he said many times that (this would be the "Grand culmination of (3D) Mario Games"

It would be nice if they actually came up with new ideas instead of just rehashing everything..

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

19Robb92

WildTwinVikings wrote:

It would be nice if they actually came up with new ideas instead of just rehashing everything..

While I'm not a fan of the "3D [insert power-up themed word here]" games they do offer some neat changes, it's not all rehashed. Climbing on walls alone is a huge gameplay change and if they go all out with it, the level design should be really good.

Not to mention the new pipes and added multiplayer.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

dumedum

Tainy wrote:

Exactly opposite for me. I want it to be "fairly" "easy". 3D Land was just the right difficulty with the Bowser final fight taking me numerous times.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Folofus

Wonder if it has actual 3d cause I've got a 3d tv so that'd be cool.

Folofus

Klimbatize

Folofus wrote:

Nope.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

LordJumpMad

Klimbatize wrote:

Folofus wrote:

Nope.

That's just a title, but I can already see a bunch of people thinking its 3D, but its not.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Big_L91

i dont see why it couldnt be in 3d it cant be that hard ive played a few games where its an option. ACIII for example.

put it on.

BandG

Anyone else surprised that there has only been one trailer and a few screenshots since E3 for this big of a game?

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

Kewlan

Not really, it is a while until it releases after all.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

suburban_sensei

Folofus wrote:

Technically, it can be 3D, depending on your 3DTV. The LG my fiance and I have has a button that converts 2D images to 3D. It doesn't work perfectly, but I am not going to lie, a few times I have fiddled with it during movies like a few of my Star Wars blu-rays, and it actually worked quite well. I saw Episode I in 3D and I kid you not, the 2D-3D button on my tv did a better job than the garbage transfer I saw in theaters!

As for my thoughts on Super Mario 3D World. I am extremely excited. I had no real desire to get a Wii U quite yet, but games like this that seem to be enhanced by multiplayer are pushing me into getting one very soon. I understand 3D World won't come out for some time, but i'd like to have the system before all the big games come out, plus we'll have NSMB U to play until then. It gives her and I something to do together, and I am a Nintendo freak, so I think sometimes even if a game isn't that great, I still try to find the positives.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

Snagrio

DestinyMan wrote:

Now this game has swapped release months with Donkey Kong and is releasing on November 22 for $60. Nintendo is clearly banking on Mario to start the holiday season strong for Wii U.

Well, it worked for 3DS, so such a plan is hardly surprising.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Ryno

Big_L91 wrote:

i dont see why it couldnt be in 3d it cant be that hard ive played a few games where its an option. ACIII for example.

Yeah, I don't understand why Nintendo has a portable with a a big emphasis on 3D and then their home console.doesn't have that option? I never played ACIII, does the Wii U version have a true stereoscopic 3D mode?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

kkslider5552000

gee, it sure will be difficult to not get this game with the sequel to my favorite game of 2010 coming out weeks later for a cheaper price

pfft

moomoo

Ryno wrote:

Big_L91 wrote:

Yeah, I don't understand why Nintendo has a portable with a a big emphasis on 3D and then their home console.doesn't have that option? I never played ACIII, does the Wii U version have a true stereoscopic 3D mode?

Yeah, it offers it. The option is there, although I don't know if it actually works, as I don't have a 3D TV.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

kkslider5552000

DestinyMan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

gee, it sure will be difficult to not get this game with the sequel to my favorite game of 2010 coming out weeks later for a cheaper price

pfft

I was already going to get Donkey Kong on Day One anyway, but the lower price will only reinforce that. I'll put off Mario until Christmas.

I'm still pretty excited for the game, though. This looks to be the strongest Nintendo Christmas in a while.

yeah, I haven't seen Nintendo this consistently awesome around this time since DS' flawless lineup after Kirby Canvas Curse. To put it simply, even ignoring downloadable only titles, Pikmin 3 has been great, W101 will be great (or at least an experience I'm happy I tried), Sonic Lost World might be the best 3D Sonic yet, ACIV seems to be everything good about the last game minus the things I hated (plus open world pirates game is crazy), and...not joking here, totally expecting DKC:TP, Rayman Legends and Watch Dogs to be my personal GOTYCs. And all those Ubisoft games I'm genuinely confident will be better than on the 360 I own for reasons that pertain to gameplay specifically, and in 2 out of 3 cases the gamepad specifically.

Regardless of what happens later, this is a perfect storm of awesome that I can say that Super Mario 3D World will be a really, really good game and still isn't good enough that I'll get it over these titles instead of not getting it from a feeling of being sick of Mario titles (though I don't deny that;s still an issue). And with all the indie stuff too, it's so much good games. It makes me feel like a fanboy jerk for not supporting more XBLA btw, but I can at least make up with that with this in a way. And by again pointing out that I'm more interested in Ubisoft's use of the gamepad over Nintendo's titles this year (not saying not having it is somehow a bad thing, but it does still irk me a bit with how useless Nintendo is making it look like lately).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Ryno

Untitled

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.