Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Mario 3D World

Showing 501 to 520 of 1,622

AuthorMessage

Mickey

501. Posted:

@DreamyViridi They're two different power-ups. The full suit is Tanooki Mario and the ears and tal is Racoon Mario.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

502. Posted:

@Mickey Spot on! And Tanooki Mario allowed you to turn to stone IF there was a scarf on Mario's neck. And Racoon Mario was basically the same thing, ...but without the stone ability and I think if you ran fast, you can Fly sky high, and the Tanooki suit only allowed you to float.

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

503. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

@DreamyViridi They're two different power-ups. The full suit is Tanooki Mario and the ears and tal is Racoon Mario.

Yes but hear me out. Tanooki Mario (with scarf) can turn into a stone statue in addition to Raccon Mario's abilities, right? Well, 3D Land's Tanooki Mario was just Raccon Mario's abilities. 3D World brings back the full suit like 3D Land.
Why not just make the Racoon Leaf = Raccon Mario (minus the flying because 3D, don't wanna break the game) and Stone Leaf = Tanooki Mario with scarf; if that makes any sense.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Mickey

504. Posted:

@DreamyViridi I dunno. Maybe it was easier to just make an HD version of the Tanooki Mario model.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

505. Posted:

I just want the Hammer Bros. suit from SMB3 to come back. The Boomerang Bros. suit from 3D Land was fun, but it didn't quite have that same satisfying feel that came from tossing hammers around. :|

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Kewlan

506. Posted:

The reason why they're choosing the Tanooki Suit instead, could be because of the Frog Suit. When using both of them, you're inside both of them. Are they doing this to piss off PETA? D:
-
@WingedFish I also want the Hammer Bros. Suit back!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

507. Posted:

@Mickey - I guess. That's gonna bug me for a bit but oh well.

@WingedFish - I love the Hammer Bros. Suit; and there's nothing like throwing a hammer to a Hammer Bro's face. However, I question if it'd work in a 3D environment and if it can effectively. They're not like the fireballs which can bounce around. Both Fireballs and Boomerangs cover a wide range while Hammers, because of the arching throw and the lack of a lock-on system; would have limited range.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

My YouTube Channel

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

508. Posted:

DreamyViridi wrote:

@WingedFish - I love the Hammer Bros. Suit; and there's nothing like throwing a hammer to a Hammer Bro's face. However, I question if it'd work in a 3D environment and if it can effectively. They're not like the fireballs which can bounce around. Both Fireballs and Boomerangs cover a wide range while Hammers, because of the arching throw and the lack of a lock-on system; would have limited range.

But if you notice how the Hammer Bros' projectiles act in 3D Land, you'd see that they travel in a rather straight horizontal line unlike the more arching pattern in previous games. So as a power up I can see them acting like a boomerang only not returning and travelling slightly higher. And maybe they can have a faster firing rate then either fireballs or boomerangs.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

steamhare

509. Posted:

Kewlan wrote:

The reason why they're choosing the Tanooki Suit instead, could be because of the Frog Suit. When using both of them, you're inside both of them. Are they doing this to piss off PETA? D:

The tanuki suit comes from a magical leaf (It has no relation to fur trade), and who, exactly, would find giant frogs, skin them, and make suits out of them? Would that even work? PETA is crazy.

steamhare

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

510. Posted:

@WingedFish - Ah, I remember how 3D Land Hammer Bros. worked. A straight hammer throw and the hammer starts to fall about just over halfway its max distance. Yeah, I see what you mean

I can imagine it now. It'd be awesome having Hammer switches in levels for Green Stars; like 3d Land's air-suspended Star Medals that only Boomerangs could reach.

My YouTube Channel

AuthorMessage

Guitardude7

511. Posted:

I wonder if the Bowser Bridge battles are going to return......if so I hope they either up the challenge a bit or introduce a new game mechanic for those sections to spice it up. Not that the bridge battles were bad in 3D Land (I thought the final boss was fantastic) its just that this title for the next gen Wii U deserves some originality to it.

Btw off topic but does anybody miss the punching and kicking action from Super Mario 64? That was a very effective way to deal with enemies. I kind of miss it. Anybody have the same sentiment?

Guitardude7

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

512. Posted:

@Guitardude7 The Bowser Bridge battles worked pretty good in 3D Land to say the least. And if it was in this game, I'd think it be fair. And as for the punching and kicking....I would love to see it, though I doubt it would happen.

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

Guitardude7

513. Posted:

@Big-Luigi Yea, I agree. If they come back, they'll probably be designed around the 4 player aspect I think. Though judging from the fact that the World 4 Boss at the E3 Demo, I actually think that they might just take a different direction with Bowsers battles (assuming he's in the game)
And the punching and kicking definitely wont return for this title but I see it as a possibility for other titles.

Guitardude7

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

AuthorMessage

DdFixen

514. Posted:

steamhare wrote:

The tanuki suit comes from a magical leaf (It has no relation to fur trade), and who, exactly, would find giant frogs, skin them, and make suits out of them? Would that even work? PETA is crazy.

I wouldn't say PETA is crazy. I've always praised people who fight for animals' rights. But this time, I'd say they've gone a bit over the top. So to speak.

Ok, about this game now: I would love to see the Racoon Suit make a glorious return. I think that out of all Mario games that I've played, this is probably my favourite upgrade, suit wise. Oh, and I'm really looking forward to the cat suit as well; seems pretty awesome. Who wouldn't want to play as cat Mario?

DdFixen

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

515. Posted:

Guys, it's been said over and over again by PETA itself that the Tanooki suit objections were a joke. PETA does not actually care at all, they were just having a bit of fun. Of course it's easier and more fun to just point and laugh a those "crazies" at PETA, so most outlets that reported PETA's protests never reported later on that it was a joke.

Google it and you'll find several results. NL itself posted a story about it.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

516. Posted:

Klimbatize wrote:

Guys, it's been said over and over again by PETA itself that the Tanooki suit objections were a joke. PETA does not actually care at all, they were just having a bit of fun. Of course it's easier and more fun to just point and laugh a those "crazies" at PETA, so most outlets that reported PETA's protests never reported later on that it was a joke.

Google it and you'll find several results. NL itself posted a story about it.

Except PETA has done the same insane things for so long that its generally difficult to tell the difference...

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Henmii

517. Posted:

Am I the only one who is intrigued by that little creature you see next to the water dragon (you know, that certain screenshot)?! I first thought it was Dreambert from Mario and Luigi 4, but now I think he is to round for that (he doesn't have a pillow shape)! He does look royal though, a bit like a dressed up 1-up mushroom or a toad without the polka dots! I guess he may have a role in the story, so that's interesting!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

518. Posted:

Henmii wrote:

Am I the only one who is intrigued by that little creature you see next to the water dragon (you know, that certain screenshot)?! I first thought it was Dreambert from Mario and Luigi 4, but now I think he is to round for that (he doesn't have a pillow shape)! He does look royal though, a bit like a dressed up 1-up mushroom or a toad without the polka dots! I guess he may have a role in the story, so that's interesting!

Who knows what it is, but it reminds me of the Subcon fairies from Super Mario Bros. 2.
Untitled

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

KingH3nrry

519. Posted:

Wow the game is gorgeous

KingH3nrry

3DS Friend Code: 0318-8873-5118 | Nintendo Network ID: KingH3nrry

AuthorMessage

WiiULoveSquid