Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,409

WebHead

Well you have to admit in terms of creativity, the Galaxy games are really hard to top.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

BandG

WebHead wrote:

Well you have to admit in terms of creativity, the Galaxy games are really hard to top.

*galaxy one maybe

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

WebHead

And I think so far we have six confirmed power-ups: Super Mushroom, Fire Flower, Rainbow Star, Tanooki Leaf, Frog Suit, and Cat Bell.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Joeynator3000

I want the Mega Star from Super Paper Mario. You know, the thing that turns you into a giant 8-Bit Mario, would be awesome here. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DreamyViridi

WebHead wrote:

And I think so far we have six confirmed power-ups: Super Mushroom, Fire Flower, Rainbow Star, Tanooki Leaf, Frog Suit, and Cat Bell.

Pardon me, but I think it's actually a regular Star. Like in 3D Land.
Anyone wondering what other power-ups will be in the game? Since 3D Land gave us the Boomerang Flower, that could potentially return. We could also get another new 'enemy-inspired' power-up, I think.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

DreamyViridi

@Big-Luigi Sure. Go nuts.

This is a slight nitpick; but I'm not fond of how the Leaf puts Mario in the whole suit.
I kinda prefer just the ear and tail. NSMB2 did that; why'd they go back to the suit, I wonder? I say this because I don't think the regular Tanooki Leaf will come with the stone statue ability.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Dark-Luigi

@Mickey Spot on! And Tanooki Mario allowed you to turn to stone IF there was a scarf on Mario's neck. And Racoon Mario was basically the same thing, ...but without the stone ability and I think if you ran fast, you can Fly sky high, and the Tanooki suit only allowed you to float.

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

DreamyViridi

Mickey wrote:

@DreamyViridi They're two different power-ups. The full suit is Tanooki Mario and the ears and tal is Racoon Mario.

Yes but hear me out. Tanooki Mario (with scarf) can turn into a stone statue in addition to Raccon Mario's abilities, right? Well, 3D Land's Tanooki Mario was just Raccon Mario's abilities. 3D World brings back the full suit like 3D Land.
Why not just make the Racoon Leaf = Raccon Mario (minus the flying because 3D, don't wanna break the game) and Stone Leaf = Tanooki Mario with scarf; if that makes any sense.

Mario Maker Levels

Snagrio

I just want the Hammer Bros. suit from SMB3 to come back. The Boomerang Bros. suit from 3D Land was fun, but it didn't quite have that same satisfying feel that came from tossing hammers around.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Kewlan

The reason why they're choosing the Tanooki Suit instead, could be because of the Frog Suit. When using both of them, you're inside both of them. Are they doing this to piss off PETA? D:
-
@WingedFish I also want the Hammer Bros. Suit back!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

DreamyViridi

@Mickey - I guess. That's gonna bug me for a bit but oh well.

@WingedFish - I love the Hammer Bros. Suit; and there's nothing like throwing a hammer to a Hammer Bro's face. However, I question if it'd work in a 3D environment and if it can effectively. They're not like the fireballs which can bounce around. Both Fireballs and Boomerangs cover a wide range while Hammers, because of the arching throw and the lack of a lock-on system; would have limited range.

Mario Maker Levels

Snagrio

DreamyViridi wrote:

@WingedFish - I love the Hammer Bros. Suit; and there's nothing like throwing a hammer to a Hammer Bro's face. However, I question if it'd work in a 3D environment and if it can effectively. They're not like the fireballs which can bounce around. Both Fireballs and Boomerangs cover a wide range while Hammers, because of the arching throw and the lack of a lock-on system; would have limited range.

But if you notice how the Hammer Bros' projectiles act in 3D Land, you'd see that they travel in a rather straight horizontal line unlike the more arching pattern in previous games. So as a power up I can see them acting like a boomerang only not returning and travelling slightly higher. And maybe they can have a faster firing rate then either fireballs or boomerangs.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

steamhare

Kewlan wrote:

The reason why they're choosing the Tanooki Suit instead, could be because of the Frog Suit. When using both of them, you're inside both of them. Are they doing this to piss off PETA? D:

The tanuki suit comes from a magical leaf (It has no relation to fur trade), and who, exactly, would find giant frogs, skin them, and make suits out of them? Would that even work? PETA is crazy.

steamhare

DreamyViridi

@WingedFish - Ah, I remember how 3D Land Hammer Bros. worked. A straight hammer throw and the hammer starts to fall about just over halfway its max distance. Yeah, I see what you mean

I can imagine it now. It'd be awesome having Hammer switches in levels for Green Stars; like 3d Land's air-suspended Star Medals that only Boomerangs could reach.

Mario Maker Levels

ITAFTRS

steamhare wrote:

The tanuki suit comes from a magical leaf (It has no relation to fur trade), and who, exactly, would find giant frogs, skin them, and make suits out of them? Would that even work? PETA is crazy.

I wouldn't say PETA is crazy. I've always praised people who fight for animals' rights. But this time, I'd say they've gone a bit over the top. So to speak.

Ok, about this game now: I would love to see the Racoon Suit make a glorious return. I think that out of all Mario games that I've played, this is probably my favourite upgrade, suit wise. Oh, and I'm really looking forward to the cat suit as well; seems pretty awesome. Who wouldn't want to play as cat Mario?

ITAFTRS

Klimbatize

Guys, it's been said over and over again by PETA itself that the Tanooki suit objections were a joke. PETA does not actually care at all, they were just having a bit of fun. Of course it's easier and more fun to just point and laugh a those "crazies" at PETA, so most outlets that reported PETA's protests never reported later on that it was a joke.

Google it and you'll find several results. NL itself posted a story about it.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.