Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Mario 3D World

Showing 361 to 380 of 1,631

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

361. Posted:

@Big_L91 - True. From what I've seen though; 3D World is set to have bigger levels that'll take longer. The Sea Serpent level looks like something you'd find in Galaxy so who knows?

Also I forgot about Bowser. I had little issues with 64DS using the d-pad except for when swinging Bowser around.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature (or Light for the holidays).
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Big_L91

362. Posted:

i sure hope so =)
yeah id agree that other than bowser it works just fine.

put it on.

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

363. Posted:

Big_L91 wrote:

@LuigiMan yeah i heard that, but alot of people complain it was too short and easy. im looking for a game the length of galaxy, sunshine or 64.
im sure 8 worlds was enough for a handheld game but id like at least one playthrough to be about 20 hours with 3d world.

in regards to 64DS i found it impossible to swing bowser with the d pad.

The 3DS game does only have 8 worlds, but then you have 8 more worlds of new levels once you beat it the first time. I still haven't collected all the starts on the alternate worlds and I've poured at least a dozen hours into it.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

364. Posted:

Story for this game should be to rescue a kidnapped Bowser from Wart.

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, RAYMAN

"I'll destroy the illusion with my right hand!"

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Greatest Work of Fiction ever made

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

365. Posted:

I will not deny the quality and fun Super Mario 3D World will surely bring us, i'm just hoping for a true open-world 3D Mario game at some point in the near future since it's been more than 10 years since we've last received a new one.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, DuckTales: Remastered, Golden Sun, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Pokemon HeartGold Version, and Rayman 2: The Great Escape.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Emaan

366. Posted:

I hope the next 3D Mario game will be the one that revives the cape powerup, though I'm not sure how they will do it with 3D gameplay.
They could make it Galaxy-esque with the flying parts but just not in space. I don't know. :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

367. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

I hope the next 3D Mario game will be the one that revives the cape powerup, though I'm not sure how they will do it with 3D gameplay.
They could make it Galaxy-esque with the flying parts but just not in space. I don't know. :O

For some reason, I hesitate to call the Galaxy games as having the same type of "3D open-worldness" that 64 and Sunshine have.

Backloggery. Now playing: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, DuckTales: Remastered, Golden Sun, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Pokemon HeartGold Version, and Rayman 2: The Great Escape.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Emaan

368. Posted:

@Electricmastro
The Galaxy games were much more streamlined than 64 and Sunshine, yes. When I say Galaxy-esque, I just mean grand scale with large set pieces- specifically the soaring and flying sections.

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

369. Posted:

I wouldn't be surprised, and actually hope, to see Wart in this what with all the nods to SMB2. Would certainly be a nice change from Bowser.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

CM30

370. Posted:

Pity we've already seen Bowser's face show up when someone dies:

Untitled

Still, that doesn't mean Wart can't be in it, just that he's probably not the main villain if he is.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Mickey

371. Posted:

@CM30 It could just be a place-holder for all we know. Maybe Wart will be making a return...

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

372. Posted:

Yeah, I suspect they'll pull a Kid Icarus: Uprising on us and have Bowser look like the main villain, only to have Wart revealed as the one really pulling the strings.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

373. Posted:

I see little reason for Wart to be here story-wise. If he's going to show up anywhere, cameos or whatever; it'll most likely be in Dream Team and even that's a bit of stretch.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature (or Light for the holidays).
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

374. Posted:

Or it could be a new villain entirely. (....which isn't happening, lol)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

375. Posted:

Maybe the story will be that Bowser captured the Yellow Toad from the New Super Mario Bros. series and you have to rescue him. I really don't expect much more than that in terms of story, and I highly doubt Wart will show up.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

K964

376. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Yeah, I suspect they'll pull a Kid Icarus: Uprising on us and have Bowser look like the main villain, only to have Wart revealed as the one really pulling the strings.

...And when you defeat Wart, it's revealed that Medusa's the "true villain" and Pit comes to help, and then the game makes you build up suspicions that Medusa will be overshadowed by Hades or something, but then she reveals that she already took care of Hades and then Phyrron flies in with a bunch of other characters voiced by Troy Baker (Ryu Hayabusa, Arlon the Serene, Two Face, etc.) and you give Phyrron corny lines to say while he and his colleagues beat Medusa while the Mario characters take a break and enjoy a good old fashioned cream soda!

Edited on by K964

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all I'm hoping to be.

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

377. Posted:

K964 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

...And when you defeat Wart, it's revealed that Medusa's the "true villain" and Pit comes to help, and then the game makes you build up suspicions that Medusa will be overshadowed by Hades or something, but then she reveals that she already took care of Hades and then Phyrron flies in with a bunch of other characters voiced by Troy Baker (Ryu Hayabusa, Arlon the Serene, Two Face, etc.) and you give Phyrron corny lines to say while he and his colleagues beat Medusa while the Mario characters take a break and enjoy a good old fashioned cream soda!

That would be the best Mario game ending ever.

AuthorMessage

WildMan

378. Posted:

It would be awesome if they changed things up and Bowser wasn't the villian, but I somewhat doubt that it will happen..

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

Emaan

379. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

If only :O

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

380. Posted:

Untitled

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder