Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 361 to 380 of 1,409

CowLaunch

Peach will still get captured half way through the game.

CowLaunch

CM30

But Yellow Toad wouldn't handle like Peach.

Yeah, you don't let someone play as a character with a whole bunch of unique abilities, then forcefully take them away mid game and make them figure out how to play as someone completely different without warning.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

OdnetninAges

CM30 wrote:

But Yellow Toad wouldn't handle like Peach.

Yeah, you don't let someone play as a character with a whole bunch of unique abilities, then forcefully take them away mid game and make them figure out how to play as someone completely different without warning.

And that's why it won't happen.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Joeynator3000

Peach has a twin sister that gets captured....her name is...um....uhhhhhh.....
moment of silence
....P-p-....Pooch?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Ketchupcat

Dev wrote:

CM30 wrote:

Pity we've already seen Bowser's face show up when someone dies:

Untitled

Still, that doesn't mean Wart can't be in it, just that he's probably not the main villain if he is.

Yeah, if anything, he might be in an alliance with Bowser, but I won't be expecting it.

The story will certainly revolve around the cat suit, though. In Super Mario 3D Land, the tanooki suit was pretty important in that game's story because of the Tail Tree that was the source of the Tanooki leaves that Bowser used to strengthen his army. What will be the source of the cat bells?

A bell factory with eyes!

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

Snagrio

Musterd wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Peach has a twin sister that gets captured....her name is...um....uhhhhhh.....
moment of silence
....P-p-....Pooch?

How about Pear?

gets shot

I'd say either Plum or Nectarine.

How about Daisy instead? Sure she would just be a DiD (damsel in distress) replacement for Peach, but at least she would be in a Mario game is ISN'T a sports/party/racing title for the first time since...well since her first appearance really.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

WebHead

Any theories on what could happen if all the green stars are collected?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Big_L91

hmm good question, wasnt there something like it in 3d land?
im sure ive seen something saying they've been in a game before, or something like them at least.

Edited on by Big_L91

put it on.

DreamyViridi

Big_L91 wrote:

hmm good question, wasnt there something like it in 3d land?
im sure ive seen something saying they've been in a game before, or something like them at least.

3D Land had Star Coins/Medals, Galaxy 2 had Green Stars as a post-game thing. In Galaxy 2, Green Stars were hide-n-seek stars and getting them all unlocked the hardest level in the game. 3D World's replaced the Star Coins with said Green Stars. They could do anything really.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

FireMario887

@Big-Daddy: Luigi is upset because he was beat by Mario to the top of the goal. It is his year, and yet he loses. EDIT: Why is Mario's cat suit gold and not red. Luigi's should be gold! It's his year!

Edited on by FireMario887

FireMario887

WebHead

Is it me or do 3D World's graphics look beautiful?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

FireMario887

The graphics are good, but I don't like the concept of the game.

FireMario887

DreamyViridi

Varia01 wrote:

You don't like the concept of a 3D Mario using 2D Mario mechanics?
Sometimes, I feel 64 should've been Mario World gone further with 3D models and all that.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

FireMario887

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Varia01 wrote:

You don't like the concept of a 3D Mario using 2D Mario mechanics?
Sometimes, I feel 64 should've been Mario World gone further with 3D models and all that.

I do like the 2D used in 3D, but I don't like how multiplayer will be done for it. Super Mario 3D Land was pretty good, but with multiplayer added, it could make it annoying. The gameplay is amazing, but the multiplayer is something of which I will not like. I also don't like the shared lives (it looks like shared lives on the screen shots).

FireMario887

DreamyViridi

@Varia01 - I don't think shared lives are too bad of an idea but there is certainly a flaw to it. Multiplayer itself can't be bad persay. It won't be forced or anything. It might be inconvenient during the Sea Serpent level, for example; since everyone can control it but then, you'd just talk to your partners. I can't see any multiplayer problems that only this game will suffer. A lot of games with multiplayer share some issues.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

Snagrio

LuigiMan200 wrote:

@Varia01 - I don't think shared lives are too bad of an idea but there is certainly a flaw to it. Multiplayer itself can't be bad persay. It won't be forced or anything. It might be inconvenient during the Sea Serpent level, for example; since everyone can control it but then, you'd just talk to your partners. I can't see any multiplayer problems that only this game will suffer. A lot of games with multiplayer share some issues.

I don't know if any of you know this, but in this game when you have one person grab multiple power ups, like say if Mario is already in cat form and he grabbed an extra bell, that extra item will go into an inventory that other players can access whenever they want. I think that is a far better solution then the 2D Marios where you take the unneeded power up and it just disappears.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.