Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World

Posts 341 to 360 of 1,656

MrWalkieTalkie

NintySince96 wrote:

Am I the only one that's annoyed that we're going back to the old, "get hit once you get small, get hit again and you die." health system? That's meant for 2D Mario games. But this is a 3D Mario game (at least that's what they're calling it). Just give me my health meter, please!

I personally prefer this health system. It's more of a challenge and it's a nice reference to how the health system worked in the original Mario games.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Varia01

The health system! Of course! That's a great benefit for the game though I am still disappointed about it.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

KaiserGX

Yeah you either want time based power ups or more health. I prefer the way it is now. I hated the Fire Flower running out.

Kachou on!

Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Mickey

KaiserGX wrote:

Yeah you either want time based power ups or more health. I prefer the way it is now. I hated the Fire Flower running out.

I agree. Timed power-ups (excluding the starman) should be a cardinal sin of the Mario franchise.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

The health system is fine. It's more reminiscent of the original Mario games. The health meter was fine, too, but there were hardly any instances where the size of the character actually mattered, or you needed to be powered up to break a block.
Being Super Mario in comparison to regular Mario adds a different scope than a health meter.

Qwest

Nintendo Network ID: Children

Zowolffo

Mickey wrote:

NintySince96 wrote:

Am I the only one that's annoyed that we're going back to the old, "get hit once you get small, get hit again and you die." health system? That's meant for 2D Mario games. But this is a 3D Mario game (at least that's what they're calling it). Just give me my health meter, please!

Stop deciding for me what's good or bad for a 3D Mario game.

Where in that is he deciding something for you? He's just stating his opinion on what he would want in a Mario game. Seriously, earlier you were just saying how people have different opinions, and then you say this. Hypocrite, much?

BTW, I would too rather have a health meter for 3d Mario games. Having Mario become small whenever he gets hurt just doesn't fit in a 3d Mario game, imo.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Mickey

Metal_Sonic wrote:

Mickey wrote:

NintySince96 wrote:

Am I the only one that's annoyed that we're going back to the old, "get hit once you get small, get hit again and you die." health system? That's meant for 2D Mario games. But this is a 3D Mario game (at least that's what they're calling it). Just give me my health meter, please!

Stop deciding for me what's good or bad for a 3D Mario game.

Where in that is he deciding something for you? He's just stating his opinion on what he would want in a Mario game. Seriously, earlier you were just saying how people have different opinions, and then you say this. Hypocrite, much?

BTW, I would too rather have a health meter for 3d Mario games. Having Mario become small whenever he gets hurt just doesn't fit in a 3d Mario game, imo.

He said "That's meant for 2D Mario games." What if I don't think that's meant for 2D Mario games? The way he worded it made it sound like he was deciding for me what's good or bad for a 3D Mario game. That's just my opinion of course so I'm not, in fact, a hypocrite.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter:

KaiserGX

The force is strong with this one...

Kachou on!

Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

GamecubeMan

KaiserGX wrote:

The force is strong with this one...

The question is: which side of the force!!?!??? >:]
Untitled

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah, it is happening now. GC 4.0 will be released in 2020.
My Bio by True_Hero
My Soundcloud

Twitter:

Emaan

We may have been expecting a "proper" sequel to Super Mario Galaxy, but perhaps Nintendo's answer to succeeding Galaxy wasn't to do the same thing as Galaxy but better- rather to try something completely different with 3D Mario, and that's how we got 3D Land.

Let me know when this thread is less judgemental of a short preview video and more so in speculation. We can't count this game out or praise it at this point, we have to wait until December to find out.

I'm just being optimistic. Though despite my initial disappointment, I'm somewhat getting over it. The game looks fun, and I'd much rather be a little underwhelmed by a game and have it turn out good than be over hyped to be disappointed. My hopes are that this game will prove to be really good, I'm at least going to give it a solid chance.

Edited on by Emaan

yoshi's disco
pink ness -quik backloggery
✰ not around as much as I used to be :o ) ✰

Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

Big_L91

the only thing that will let this game down is length, it better not be a standard 8 world affair or i will be disappointed. the actual gameplay looks great, i didnt want another galaxy the first was good, but the second was borrrring and was probably all the bits that didnt make the cut for the first game.

i think 3d mario is at its best in linear levels such as the fludd-less levels in sunshine or the bowser levels in 64 where its straight up platforming no gimmicks, which looks to make up about 90% of this game which to me seems great. i just hope its as long as previous 3d games and im not left dissapointed having completed the whole game days after buying. Thats my only worry and other than that i am HYPED fo this ting!!

put it on.

Mickey

Emaan wrote:

We may have been expecting a "proper" sequel to Super Mario Galaxy, but perhaps Nintendo's answer to succeeding Galaxy wasn't to do the same thing as Galaxy but better- rather to try something completely different with 3D Mario, and that's how we got 3D Land.

Let me know when this thread is less judgemental of a short preview video and more so in speculation. We can't count this game out or praise it at this point, we have to wait until December to find out.

I'm just being optimistic. Though despite my initial disappointment, I'm somewhat getting over it. The game looks fun, and I'd much rather be a little underwhelmed by a game and have it turn out good than be over hyped to be disappointed. My hopes are that this game will prove to be really good, I'm at least going to give it a solid chance.

That said everything I've ever wanted to say but I wasn't articulate enough to say it. Well done sir. Well done.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter:

Emaan

@Mickey

8 normal and 8 special would be fine by me.

I also think they should implement challenges similar to New Super Mario Bros. U
Maybe specific to each character like someone had suggested earlier on in this thread.

Edited on by Emaan

yoshi's disco
pink ness -quik backloggery
✰ not around as much as I used to be :o ) ✰

Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

OdnetninAges

PloXyZeRO wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

I played this at Best Buy 2 times.

First time with the Wii Remote, second time with the GamePad.

It was a very fun game in multi-player, but I really wish it was compatible with nunchuks! What the heck?

I think it is...best Buy just didn't have the option, or let us use that option. lol

I asked the person handling the demo station, and she told me that it doesn't support Nunchuks.

I really hope she is wrong, though.

She wasn't wrong. The demo games really only did support d-pad for the Wii remote. It would be a very STUPID decision not to support nunchucks in the final release, however. It'll limit players movements to 8 directions which can be very annoying at times. Super Mario 3D Land did that, even with the ANALOG circle pad, and it made the movement feel weird at times. Nintendo would be taking a step backwards if they had digital input for movement..

I agree. I prefer using the Wii Remote by itself on 2D Mario games, and thumbstick control on 3D Mario games. I enjoyed the demo the first time on the GamePad more, due to the thumbstick. The 2nd time with Wii Remote alone felt just awkward and a bit slippery to me.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"I'll destroy the illusion with my right hand!"

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times! NOTE: It's dead.

The original classic.

Salty about no NX at e3 this year.

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Mickey

@OdnetninAges I wholeheartedly agree! l always prefer thumbstick control over d-pad control with a 3D Mario game. Mostly due to Super Mario 64 DS...

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

Mickey wrote:

@OdnetninAges I wholeheartedly agree! l always prefer thumbstick control over d-pad control with a 3D Mario game. Mostly due to Super Mario 64 DS...

Oddly I had no problems with Super Mario 64 DS, but I too agree that a thumbstick is almost a must.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Viridi's still taking a break from Avi duty. Be nice to Nyx, she means well.
Mario Maker Levels / The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by Auracle / My YouTube Channel

Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Big_L91

@LuigiMan yeah i heard that, but alot of people complain it was too short and easy. im looking for a game the length of galaxy, sunshine or 64.
im sure 8 worlds was enough for a handheld game but id like at least one playthrough to be about 20 hours with 3d world.

in regards to 64DS i found it impossible to swing bowser with the d pad.

Edited on by Big_L91

put it on.

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic