Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 341 to 360 of 1,409

DreamyViridi

@Big_L91 - True. From what I've seen though; 3D World is set to have bigger levels that'll take longer. The Sea Serpent level looks like something you'd find in Galaxy so who knows?

Also I forgot about Bowser. I had little issues with 64DS using the d-pad except for when swinging Bowser around.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Big_L91

i sure hope so =)
yeah id agree that other than bowser it works just fine.

put it on.

rallydefault

Big_L91 wrote:

@LuigiMan yeah i heard that, but alot of people complain it was too short and easy. im looking for a game the length of galaxy, sunshine or 64.
im sure 8 worlds was enough for a handheld game but id like at least one playthrough to be about 20 hours with 3d world.

in regards to 64DS i found it impossible to swing bowser with the d pad.

The 3DS game does only have 8 worlds, but then you have 8 more worlds of new levels once you beat it the first time. I still haven't collected all the starts on the alternate worlds and I've poured at least a dozen hours into it.

rallydefault

Electricmastro

I will not deny the quality and fun Super Mario 3D World will surely bring us, i'm just hoping for a true open-world 3D Mario game at some point in the near future since it's been more than 10 years since we've last received a new one.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

e-love

I hope the next 3D Mario game will be the one that revives the cape powerup, though I'm not sure how they will do it with 3D gameplay.
They could make it Galaxy-esque with the flying parts but just not in space. I don't know.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Electricmastro

Emaan wrote:

I hope the next 3D Mario game will be the one that revives the cape powerup, though I'm not sure how they will do it with 3D gameplay.
They could make it Galaxy-esque with the flying parts but just not in space. I don't know.

For some reason, I hesitate to call the Galaxy games as having the same type of "3D open-worldness" that 64 and Sunshine have.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

e-love

@Electricmastro
The Galaxy games were much more streamlined than 64 and Sunshine, yes. When I say Galaxy-esque, I just mean grand scale with large set pieces- specifically the soaring and flying sections.

Snagrio

I wouldn't be surprised, and actually hope, to see Wart in this what with all the nods to SMB2. Would certainly be a nice change from Bowser.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Mickey

@CM30 It could just be a place-holder for all we know. Maybe Wart will be making a return...

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Snagrio

Yeah, I suspect they'll pull a Kid Icarus: Uprising on us and have Bowser look like the main villain, only to have Wart revealed as the one really pulling the strings.

Snagrio

DreamyViridi

I see little reason for Wart to be here story-wise. If he's going to show up anywhere, cameos or whatever; it'll most likely be in Dream Team and even that's a bit of stretch.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Joeynator3000

Or it could be a new villain entirely. (....which isn't happening, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

ThePirateCaptain

Maybe the story will be that Bowser captured the Yellow Toad from the New Super Mario Bros. series and you have to rescue him. I really don't expect much more than that in terms of story, and I highly doubt Wart will show up.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

K964

WingedFish wrote:

Yeah, I suspect they'll pull a Kid Icarus: Uprising on us and have Bowser look like the main villain, only to have Wart revealed as the one really pulling the strings.

...And when you defeat Wart, it's revealed that Medusa's the "true villain" and Pit comes to help, and then the game makes you build up suspicions that Medusa will be overshadowed by Hades or something, but then she reveals that she already took care of Hades and then Phyrron flies in with a bunch of other characters voiced by Troy Baker (Ryu Hayabusa, Arlon the Serene, Two Face, etc.) and you give Phyrron corny lines to say while he and his colleagues beat Medusa while the Mario characters take a break and enjoy a good old fashioned cream soda!

Edited on by K964

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all...

Snagrio

K964 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

...And when you defeat Wart, it's revealed that Medusa's the "true villain" and Pit comes to help, and then the game makes you build up suspicions that Medusa will be overshadowed by Hades or something, but then she reveals that she already took care of Hades and then Phyrron flies in with a bunch of other characters voiced by Troy Baker (Ryu Hayabusa, Arlon the Serene, Two Face, etc.) and you give Phyrron corny lines to say while he and his colleagues beat Medusa while the Mario characters take a break and enjoy a good old fashioned cream soda!

That would be the best Mario game ending ever.

Snagrio

Jani-Koblaney

It would be awesome if they changed things up and Bowser wasn't the villian, but I somewhat doubt that it will happen..

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

e-love

WingedFish wrote:

If only

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.