Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 241 to 260 of 1,409

CM30

I disagree. Mario Sunshine's had its fair share of poor reviews (even though it is a great game), and the general rule seems to be that the public didn't like it that much (compared to 64, Galaxy and 3D Land, its sales are extremely low).

And Mario 3D Land did get decent reviews as well. Bet this game gets 90% + ratings across the board.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

TysonOfTime

GamecubeLad wrote:

I doubt this lame game is going to be as well received with the critics or even the Nintendo Life Community as much as this masterpiece was! >:]

I doubt your preconception of the quality of products will ever live up to the likes of Patcher.

So stop trying so hard.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

GamecubeMan

CM30 wrote:

I disagree. Mario Sunshine's had its fair share of poor reviews (even though it is a great game), and the general rule seems to be that the public didn't like it that much (compared to 64, Galaxy and 3D Land, its sales are extremely low).

And Mario 3D Land did get decent reviews as well. Bet this game gets 90% + ratings across the board.

/me looks at comment
Untitled

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

I enjoyed Sunshine too, I think in the past everyone hated it because it was too different. It had the FLUDD "gimmick" (ugh, hate that word), very little Mario characters in the game, only ones being the main characters.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Mickey

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

I enjoyed Sunshine too, I think in the past everyone hated it because it was too different. It had the FLUDD "gimmick" (ugh, hate that word), very little Mario characters in the game, only ones being the main characters.

Nope. I hate it because (in my honest opinion) it sucks. People keep comparing it to Super Mario 64 yet the game barely plays like it. Many of the game mechanics were changed so it could fit with the F.L.U.D.D. mechanic so in those sections where Shadow Mario, an interesting idea gone bad (no joke intended), takes F.L.U.D.D., it becomes glaringly obvious that the game feel is different from Super Mario 64. But what if I played it as it's own game and stopped comparing it to Super Mario 64? I have, and I still disliked it.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

DreamyViridi

KaiserGX wrote:

I don't hate it I just think it's alright. Though I never compare games to each other. There are some kids out there that maybe played Sunshine for the first time but no another Mario game. I always judges on just the actual game itself.

More people need to do this. Constantly comparing is neither fun nor fair.
I liked Sunshine too, for the record. Well, except for the Blue Coins... but fun nonetheless.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Snagrio

Yeah, I wasn't on the Nintendo scene during the GameCube days, but it sure seems like Sunshine, and Luigi's Mansion, were both regarded as okay or even poor titles. Now they are practically treated like gods. Nostalgia is a strange thing...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

KaiserGX

I just never had that.. mindset of playing like Mario Kart 64 and then having Super Mario Kart in the back of my mind. They both have a different feel. Like the controls and the way levels are designed.

I actually like the Friday the 13th game. Though to enjoy that game you need to know what to do ahead of time. Looking for the pitchfork and such.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

CorporalPegasus

Untitled

This. How can people say the game is exactly the same because you looked at a few screenshots? Galaxy 2 looked a lot like the first, but we all love that one, dont we?

IGOR!

DylanMcGrann

WingedFish wrote:

Yeah, I wasn't on the Nintendo scene during the GameCube days, but it sure seems like Sunshine, and Luigi's Mansion, were both regarded as okay or even poor titles. Now they are practically treated like gods. Nostalgia is a strange thing...

I don't think it's nostalgia. With those titles in particular, as well as The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, I think the issue was that people needed to be removed from their expectations before being capable of fully appreciating what they were. That happens all the time in all sorts of mediums—not just video games.

DylanMcGrann

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner | Twitter:

Mickey

CorporalPegasus wrote:

Galaxy 2 looked a lot like the first, but we all love that one, dont we?

I'm afraid even that has been disputed. I can't argue though, their opinions are as valid as the opinions of you or me. Though, with Super Mario Galaxy 2, most of the nay-sayers have played it. Whereas with 3D World, a lot of the people that dislike it haven't played it. It's a strange world we live in...

@Tainy I've played Super Mario Sunshine numerous times with several different perspectives. It was a boring game made depressing because everyone seems to be enjoying it more than I am.

EDIT: I think Jim Sterling's "Oil on water: How I can't love the games you love" (interesting article. I highly recommend you read it.) says it best: "My wife adores Jeff Buckley, as do a fair few people I've met over the years. They say his music touches their soul, speaks out to them, and provided the soundtrack to a considerable majority of their lives. I've heard his stuff, and I just don't get it. It doesn't sink in. There's something interminably frustrating about that, to know that somebody is getting so much satisfaction out of something, and you can't access whatever font of pleasure others can merrily tap into at will."

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Jani-Koblaney

Sunshine is absolutely amazing, far better than the lameness that is 3d World. In fact, Sunshine is on my top 10 games list..

Also, just by looking at gameplay videos of 3d World, does anyone else think it looks far too easy?

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Jani-Koblaney

@Mickey No, but you can obviously tell by looking at gameplay videos that the game is easy. Enemies are spread mostly far apart and are easy to take out, and the platforming itself looks way too easy..

Edited on by Jani-Koblaney

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

BandG

since when were any of the 3D mario games hard since sunshine? and they have only shown 3 levels so its hard to know

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

BandG

If someone saw a picture of this game they would think it was Galaxy 3, there is no difference between the games besides gravity effects, which I don't think added that much to the gameplay experience besides visuals. No one complained about Galaxy 2, so why is everyone complaining about this game?

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.