Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Mario 3D World

Showing 21 to 40 of 1,627

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Karakato

21. Posted:

NintySince96 wrote:

If people aren't interested in a certain title then that's their right.

Yep.

Not that I find anything bad about the new game but it felt too safe, at no point in the trailer did I see any big risks taken. Sure the 3D land formula was a success and this game will follow suit but based on what was presented, this is not the Mario game that will make me want to buy a WiiU.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAN1AC

22. Posted:

I expected more.
This doesnt even look like something I would buy :(

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Innit

23. Posted:

berenlazarus wrote:

"DVD instructional video packed in with this."

There were no DVD instructional videos released with the other titles in the US, which is a huge market (although I do understand they were released in Pal reigions and I think Japan.

We've had 3D for close to two decades. I don't think we need to "get people past the 3D" barrier. Skyrim and Call of Duty and Mass Effect, etc, all major titles, are massive hits. Gamers know the 3D by now.

Tell Nintendo.

I didn't know that the Galaxy 2 DVD pack in wasn't in all territories. Interesting. Not in the US?

Innit

AuthorMessage
Avatar

berenlazarus

24. Posted:

From Wikipedia

"The game made its playable debut at the Nintendo Media Summit 2010 on February 24, 2010, when a second trailer for the game was released, and its North American release date on May 23, 2010 was finally announced.[29][30] The Japanese, European and Australian versions of the game came packaged with an instructional DVD manual, explaining the basic controls, as well as showing advanced play.[31] The voice actors from Super Mario Galaxy reprise their roles for its sequel including additional voices by Dex Manley who played Lubba."

I always thought it strange the DVDs weren't available in the US. I think Nintendo published the content online. None of the Mario titles (or any Wii title that I know of personally) came with instructional DVDs. Are they very long?

berenlazarus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Peach64

25. Posted:

I experienced a huge range of emotions during that video.

OMG, Super Mario 3D land sequel! OMG, cat suit, soooo adorable! OMG playable Peach, yes!

Wii U? Oh no...

I LOVE Super Mario 3D Land, but... that's a handheld game. I was expecting so, so much more. I was expecting the scope of Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy. I'm sure I WILL enjoy the game when it arrives, but that was a bitter disappointment, and putting it nearly at the start like that just sort of ruined the whole direct for me.

Peach64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Innit

26. Posted:

(berenlazarus)

Don't know, never took it out of the case.

Like you said, been playing 3D games for quite a while...

Edited on by Innit

Innit

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

27. Posted:

Whether or not some people are happy with the direction they went with this game, it's still going to sell. It does look fun, though pretty safe, but it will probably sell a lot of systems this holiday season which is a smart move.

I'm still hoping we'll see an open world 3D Mario game later in the Wii U's lifespan, but for now, this game looks pretty fun.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

28. Posted:

Here's the trailer again for your viewing leisure.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

29. Posted:

I'm mildly disappointed that it's not something completely new, and that they went for a sequel to a game I didn't care for, but this does look pretty good, I must say. It looks like they substantially improved on the 3D Land formula, making for a bigger and much better game. I look forward to playing it. Also the cat transformation looks cheap as hell...I love it!

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Philip_J_Reed

30. Posted:

NintySince96 wrote:

Underwhelming. I've been patient with Nintendo. I put up with the lack of games because I knew that 3D Mario was gonna fix everything. For the first time, I feel like Nintendo has let me down. Only a complete biased fanboy can look at 3D World and put it on the level of 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy.

Not every game needs to be at the level of 64, Sunshine and Galaxy (which I'd put at 3 very different levels anyway but that's beside the point).

It can still be fun, entertaining, and interesting in its own right. If you disagree, that's awesome. You're welcome to. But the fact that folks might disagree with you doesn't make them a "complete biased fanboy." It means it's a game they think they might like, and will spend money on.

Surely you've heard of that before.

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WebHead

31. Posted:

I can't wait for this game. I think it looks awesome and 4 player co op is great. And Peach doesn't get captured for once!

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintySince96

32. Posted:

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

NintySince96 wrote:

Underwhelming. I've been patient with Nintendo. I put up with the lack of games because I knew that 3D Mario was gonna fix everything. For the first time, I feel like Nintendo has let me down. Only a complete biased fanboy can look at 3D World and put it on the level of 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy.

Not every game needs to be at the level of 64, Sunshine and Galaxy (which I'd put at 3 very different levels anyway but that's beside the point).

It can still be fun, entertaining, and interesting in its own right. If you disagree, that's awesome. You're welcome to. But the fact that folks might disagree with you doesn't make them a "complete biased fanboy." It means it's a game they think they might like, and will spend money on.

Surely you've heard of that before.

I'm sure it's a fun game. I never said the game itself was bad. But as a system selling 3D Mario? You have to admit, it's pretty generic. Just doesn't seem like it should be a main series 3D Mario. It's more in the realm of NSMB.

NintySince96

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Klimbatize

33. Posted:

NintySince96 wrote:

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

NintySince96 wrote:

Underwhelming. I've been patient with Nintendo. I put up with the lack of games because I knew that 3D Mario was gonna fix everything. For the first time, I feel like Nintendo has let me down. Only a complete biased fanboy can look at 3D World and put it on the level of 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy.

Not every game needs to be at the level of 64, Sunshine and Galaxy (which I'd put at 3 very different levels anyway but that's beside the point).

It can still be fun, entertaining, and interesting in its own right. If you disagree, that's awesome. You're welcome to. But the fact that folks might disagree with you doesn't make them a "complete biased fanboy." It means it's a game they think they might like, and will spend money on.

Surely you've heard of that before.

I'm sure it's a fun game. I never said the game itself was bad. But as a system selling 3D Mario? You have to admit, it's pretty generic. Just doesn't seem like it should be a main series 3D Mario. It's more in the realm of NSMB.

LOL. You're right it's a bit generic. You're right it seems like it's in the realm of NSMB. You're wrong that it's not a system seller.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii sold just under 27 million copies.

Super Mario Galaxy sold just under 11 million.

Galaxy 2 sold just over 7 million.

NSMB Wii outsold Galaxy 1 and 2 combined by 10 million.

"Doesn't seem like it should be main series 3D Mario." You're right, because Nintendo is trying to sell the highest amount of systems and games possible with their main IP because right now the Wii U desperately needs sales.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

34. Posted:

Untitled
What is THIS?!
Untitled
Untitled

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintySince96

35. Posted:

MetallicDonkey wrote:

NintySince96 wrote:

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

NintySince96 wrote:

Underwhelming. I've been patient with Nintendo. I put up with the lack of games because I knew that 3D Mario was gonna fix everything. For the first time, I feel like Nintendo has let me down. Only a complete biased fanboy can look at 3D World and put it on the level of 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy.

Not every game needs to be at the level of 64, Sunshine and Galaxy (which I'd put at 3 very different levels anyway but that's beside the point).

It can still be fun, entertaining, and interesting in its own right. If you disagree, that's awesome. You're welcome to. But the fact that folks might disagree with you doesn't make them a "complete biased fanboy." It means it's a game they think they might like, and will spend money on.

Surely you've heard of that before.

I'm sure it's a fun game. I never said the game itself was bad. But as a system selling 3D Mario? You have to admit, it's pretty generic. Just doesn't seem like it should be a main series 3D Mario. It's more in the realm of NSMB.

LOL.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii sold just under 27 million copies.

Super Mario Galaxy sold just under 11 million.

Galaxy 2 sold just over 7 million.

NSMB Wii outsold Galaxy 1 and 2 combined by 10 million.

"Doesn't seem like it should be main series 3D Mario." You're right, because Nintendo is trying to sell the highest amount of systems and games possible with their main IP.

NSMB Wii was also bundled, which I'm sure helped it out a lot. But even so, which game was more universally praised? NSMB Wii or the Galaxy games? By the time NSMB came around, the Wii sales had already started to cool off. So it's not like people bought the Wii just for that game, most people already had it.

Edited on by NintySince96

NintySince96

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Klimbatize

36. Posted:

NintySince96 wrote:

MetallicDonkey wrote:

NintySince96 wrote:

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

NintySince96 wrote:

Underwhelming. I've been patient with Nintendo. I put up with the lack of games because I knew that 3D Mario was gonna fix everything. For the first time, I feel like Nintendo has let me down. Only a complete biased fanboy can look at 3D World and put it on the level of 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy.

Not every game needs to be at the level of 64, Sunshine and Galaxy (which I'd put at 3 very different levels anyway but that's beside the point).

It can still be fun, entertaining, and interesting in its own right. If you disagree, that's awesome. You're welcome to. But the fact that folks might disagree with you doesn't make them a "complete biased fanboy." It means it's a game they think they might like, and will spend money on.

Surely you've heard of that before.

I'm sure it's a fun game. I never said the game itself was bad. But as a system selling 3D Mario? You have to admit, it's pretty generic. Just doesn't seem like it should be a main series 3D Mario. It's more in the realm of NSMB.

LOL.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii sold just under 27 million copies.

Super Mario Galaxy sold just under 11 million.

Galaxy 2 sold just over 7 million.

NSMB Wii outsold Galaxy 1 and 2 combined by 10 million.

"Doesn't seem like it should be main series 3D Mario." You're right, because Nintendo is trying to sell the highest amount of systems and games possible with their main IP.

NSMB Wii was also bundled, which I'm sure helped it out a lot. But even so, which game was more universally praised? NSMB Wii or the Galaxy games? By the time NSMB came around, the Wii sales had already started to cool off. So it's not like people bought the Wii just for that game, most people already had it.

Bundled, because it's a system seller. You agree with me even more.

Oh, you're saying Nintendo should just go for critically acclaimed games and avoid attracting casual fans who like the NSMB series?

I thought you were talking about selling systems before. Now you want to please the gamers and critics. Pick one.

Though we're basing all of this off of a two minute trailer. Who says this won't be critically acclaimed? Super Mario 3D Land received pretty good ratings, and achieved good sales.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WebHead

37. Posted:

The graphics are great. I can't wait to play this tomorrow.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintySince96

38. Posted:

MetallicDonkey wrote:

NintySince96 wrote:

MetallicDonkey wrote:

NintySince96 wrote:

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

NintySince96 wrote:

Underwhelming. I've been patient with Nintendo. I put up with the lack of games because I knew that 3D Mario was gonna fix everything. For the first time, I feel like Nintendo has let me down. Only a complete biased fanboy can look at 3D World and put it on the level of 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy.

Not every game needs to be at the level of 64, Sunshine and Galaxy (which I'd put at 3 very different levels anyway but that's beside the point).

It can still be fun, entertaining, and interesting in its own right. If you disagree, that's awesome. You're welcome to. But the fact that folks might disagree with you doesn't make them a "complete biased fanboy." It means it's a game they think they might like, and will spend money on.

Surely you've heard of that before.

I'm sure it's a fun game. I never said the game itself was bad. But as a system selling 3D Mario? You have to admit, it's pretty generic. Just doesn't seem like it should be a main series 3D Mario. It's more in the realm of NSMB.

LOL.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii sold just under 27 million copies.

Super Mario Galaxy sold just under 11 million.

Galaxy 2 sold just over 7 million.

NSMB Wii outsold Galaxy 1 and 2 combined by 10 million.

"Doesn't seem like it should be main series 3D Mario." You're right, because Nintendo is trying to sell the highest amount of systems and games possible with their main IP.

NSMB Wii was also bundled, which I'm sure helped it out a lot. But even so, which game was more universally praised? NSMB Wii or the Galaxy games? By the time NSMB came around, the Wii sales had already started to cool off. So it's not like people bought the Wii just for that game, most people already had it.

Bundled, because it's a system seller. You agree with me even more.

Oh, you're saying Nintendo should just go for critically acclaimed games and avoid attracting casual fans who like the NSMB series?

I thought you were talking about selling systems before. Now you want to please the gamers and critics. Pick one.

Though we're basing all of this off of a two minute trailer. Who says this won't be critically acclaimed? Super Mario 3D Land received pretty good ratings, and achieved good sales.

They already attracted casuals with NSMBU, didn't they? The issues is, Nintendo is totally ignoring one segment of their fan base.

I don't care about critics. I'm talking about fans. Be honest, do you really think NSMB is better than Galaxy?

NintySince96

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OracleOfTruth

39. Posted:

At first, I wasn't quite sure what to think of the game. But after seeing the entire trailer, I think that this is going to be fantastic. I loved 3D Land because of the innovative way it combined 2D and 3D gameplay. I also found its aesthetics very fresh and fun. I can only imagine how fun this will be, then, with multiplayer and the grander scale of a 3D console Mario. I love Galaxy and 64, but they didn't really offer much in the multiplayer department. It's going to be an absolute blast to play alongside my siblings in a 3D Mario, especially since each character will have unique skills again. On top of all that, there's a cat power-up, which is automatic win in my book.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Whopper744

40. Posted:

This game looks fantasitc. So glad they finally brought back these 4 how they were in Super Mario Bros 2.
I'm just hoping to see Yoshi involved.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744