Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Mario 3D World

Showing 1,561 to 1,580 of 1,627

AuthorMessage

Cevan

1,561. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

What the inside of the Japanese soundtrack looks like.
Untitled
Untitled
http://nintendoeverything.com/photos-of-the-japanese-super-ma...

That looks really nice. Hopefully someone can get some high quality scans of that at some point.

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4756-8509
NNID: Cevan7

If you add me, please inform me in some way so I can add you.

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4756-8509 | Nintendo Network ID: Cevan7

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

1,562. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Spanjard wrote:

That last level, and by last I mean really last, is insane isn't it? I got to finish it with someone else, but by myself it felt impossible. Then again, maybe I shouldn't have played it with Toad :|

That level is designed to test every skill you need for this game. Timing, patience, control, speed, quick judgement, rhythm, precision, forward thinking, and a bit of memorization/muscle memory go a long way. Toad would make certain parts easy and others hard. Namely, anything where speed is an asset is Toad's strong suit. I did this level with Rosalina, but I'm gonna get my friends to come help me with the other four characters.

I beat the level with all five characters, and I actually think it was EASIEST with Toad. Mario was the second easiest, Luigi third, Peach fourth, and Rosalina fifth.

Now the thing is, I was used to Toad's speed, which is why I found it very hard to beat with Peach and Rosalina, who are balls slow. However, both can hover, which made me approach some parts differently when I relied on sheer speed previously...so I guess that can be easier in a way. It just depends on what you're comfortable with, really. But after beating it five times, it doesn't seem nearly as hard as it did initially :P

I can imagine. I guess I'm too used at Luigi's timing, I didn't try more than a couple of times with Toad, and I haven't played since. I have to say it's not that motivating to complete everything with everyone for just 3 or more stamps...

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

1,563. Posted:

Someone uploaded the whole soundtrack on YouTube now, clear with no SFX. In case you wanted to listen to the fantastic music without sound effects.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,564. Posted:

@DreamyViridi: Thanks for finding that.

Plessie

Plunging Falls

The Bullet Bill Express

Motley Bossblob

Road to the Great Tower

Battle on the Great Tower (Final Boss)

Battle on the Great Tower 2 (Final Boss)

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

1,565. Posted:

My Super Mario 3D World review: It's not as perfection as Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 but it is better than Super Mario 3D Land.

hype train destinations: Super Smash Bros

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,566. Posted:

So, there is a Spin Jump huh? Found that out trying to get the Stamp on 6-1.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

1,567. Posted:

I found an SNES remix of Double Cherry Pass. It's very nice and sounds like music that would actually play in Super Mario World.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

1,568. Posted:

I just got this game last week, and I had the coolest thing happen yesterday. I beat World 3, but I saw on the list of levels that there was a 3-B that I had not found yet and I wanted to find it before moving on to World 4 (and yes, I found out later that I was stupid). So while looking around for it, I found the hidden pipe that takes you up to the little ledge, and I assumed that would be where 3-B was. Well, I didn't find a new level, but I did find Shigeru Miyamoto! He was just hanging out up there, and when I walked up he said "Where is Luigi?" I assumed this was a part of the game and if I came back as Luigi I would find level 3-B, so I went into the nearest level, switched to Luigi, and left the level. When I came back, there was a different Mii there and nothing special to do. So maybe this was a normal thing, but I am assuming that I just randomly ran into Miyamoto's Mii, which I think is pretty cool.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,569. Posted:

@Xyphon22: You do know people like to masquerade with Miis of famous Nintendo people, right?

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

1,570. Posted:

Shhh. Don't ruin my fun.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AuthorMessage

Flashman

1,571. Posted:

I have a problem where my gamepad loses connection with the wii u. But it only happens whilst playing 3D world. Anyone else had it happen?

Flashman

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,572. Posted:

Finally got around to picking this one up. Yeah I know I am late to the party lol. Unfortunately since I will be moving here in a week my Wii U is packed away for now.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Gamecubed

1,573. Posted:

I FINALLY picked this up today. I rarely pay $60 for games, but I did today, and I can confirm that this game is worth every dime.
I haven't been able to put it down since I got home this afternoon. I love playing as Peach.

Gamecubed

Nintendo Network ID: McFailing

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

1,574. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

I beat the level with all five characters, and I actually think it was EASIEST with Toad. Mario was the second easiest, Luigi third, Peach fourth, and Rosalina fifth.

Now the thing is, I was used to Toad's speed, which is why I found it very hard to beat with Peach and Rosalina, who are balls slow. However, both can hover, which made me approach some parts differently when I relied on sheer speed previously...so I guess that can be easier in a way. It just depends on what you're comfortable with, really. But after beating it five times, it doesn't seem nearly as hard as it did initially :P

I find it strange when people say Rosalina (& maybe Peach) are just slow, at least to me. The last level was so easy with Rosalina, that I actually love to speedrun that level because she makes it enjoyable. Rosalina maybe a slow runner, but in multiplayer, whenever someone runs ahead with Toad, at full speed, I can easily catch up with them, and even surpass them.
The trick with Rosalina is to Spin Attack after a long jump. It keeps her fastest speed at full momentum. Plus, she can reach high places without the Cat Suit.

Examples:
Untitled
Untitled

She's kind of a glitchy character. I just love her animation glitches :) <3 Head facing the wrong way.
Untitled

Her hitbox is damn huge. Even when little, Spin Attacks hit blocks when standing under them. Hurts enemies under her.
Untitled

Fastest time on Champion's Road - Rosalina: 267
Untitled

And the best thing about her? Maybe that she can easily hit two of the slots at the same time and have a better chance of getting 777? (no item needed).
Untitled

I'd say Mario might be the worst character in the game, even though he's balanced. Phew that's a lot.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

SG9000

1,575. Posted:

Overpowered, but slow: Rosalina
Princess of Gravity: Peach
Need for Speed: Toad
Better than his brother: Luigi
The boring one: Mario

That's all y'all need to know! ;)

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

1,576. Posted:

SG9000 wrote:

Pretty much this. :)

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,577. Posted:

This shouldn't surprise you, but the team behind Super Mario 3D World is already at work on the next big Mario game.
http://nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-3d-world-devs-next-...

Koizumi had this to say to EDGE about his next project.

“That’s still a secret! I can tell you, though, that we've already started approaching our next challenge. There’s still a lot more room for discovery and invention, and we’ll continue to propose new and exciting game mechanics going into the future.”

Koizumi also mentioned that the team, "might need to make even more use of the GamePad," hinting that their next Mario game is for Wii U. Could this possible second 3D platformer for Wii U be Super Mario Galaxy 3 or something new? I guess we won't know for another couple of years.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Big_L91

1,578. Posted:

Rosalina wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

id have to disagree, my favorites definitely Mario. speed and jump are jusssst right

put it on.

AuthorMessage

Dreamz

1,579. Posted:

Rosalina wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

Agreed, though it's worth saying that Rosalina isn't just a bit overpowered, she's WAY overpowered. Not only is she the only character in the game with an attack, but it's a 360 degree attack. That functions as a bloody double-jump. Geez.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Bayonetta, Splatoon, Zelda U
Currently playing: Wonderful101

AuthorMessage

gustavomartinez

1,580. Posted:

Hello. Where do you see how many percent the game is finished?

Havent done the last world, spending all my awake time at Champions Road (8 hours today). Its just so hard and im not that good..becoming all nerveous also haha. Using Rosalina, my maximum performance is the water section but failed 3 times yet. Right now its not funny, its very, very, very frustrating.

Maybe its easier with co-op :)

gustavomartinez