Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Mario 3D World

Showing 1,421 to 1,440 of 1,629

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

1,421. Posted:

Just finished my first session with this game and i'm blown away. Right now i like it even better than Super Mario Galaxy. The controls seem a bit tighter and precise, the camera angles are just right and the level design is excellent. Without a doubt the best "proper" Mario game in a long time. A 10 out of 10 score is well deserved and if there's any justice in this cruel world, this game should be the #1 seller this holiday season.

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,422. Posted:

There's not a single level that I dislike. I find something to like about even the seemingly most simple course. That alone should make this game worthy of a 10. Even in games like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy, there were a few dull moments and levels. Also, there's not a single music track that I don't like either. There's not a dull track anywhere. The amount of instrumentation in this soundtrack is pleasantly diverse and there's plenty of nice, catchy beats.

So, yeah, this is one of my favorite Mario games ever.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

10000mario

1,423. Posted:

Edwin wrote:

I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer.

When you're on the overworld map of World-3 you can see an island off to the left if you rotate the camera. On this tall island is a green pipe, a 1up, and some invisible coins (if you blow on the mic). I cannot figure out how to get to this pipe. I have completed the game and have gotten every green star and stamps except for the last five. How do get to this pipe? Thank you.

go to world five, on the map there are little piles of rocks here and there. Go up to one and press "A" (shown by an on screen command) a warp pipe will appear.

10000mario

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,424. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

There's not a single level that I dislike. I find something to like about even the seemingly most simple course. That alone should make this game worthy of a 10. Even in games like Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy, there were a few dull moments and levels. Also, there's not a single music track that I don't like either. There's not a dull track anywhere. The amount of instrumentation in this soundtrack is pleasantly diverse and there's plenty of nice, catchy beats.

So, yeah, this is one of my favorite Mario games ever.

The secret character is useless, and some of the bosses were quite underwhelming. I'd think that's enough to lower the score a bit. :P
But I wholeheartedly agree on the levels, and I also believe this to be one of the best Mario games. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

WebHead

1,425. Posted:

I have to agrre with Wonder_Mask on the bosses. the World 4 and 5 bosses were jokes.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,426. Posted:

@Wonder_Mask: How is Rosalina useless? Her spin attack is very powerful and is superior to Peach's floating!

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Ferret

1,427. Posted:

Magical.

Had a few mates over for a house warming party last night and we ended up having a ball playing it for most of the night. None of my mates are gamers.

Ferret

AuthorMessage

Artwark

1,428. Posted:

I need to know something about this game. Does the game play very similarly to 3D land? Are all the green stars well hidden in this game? I want to know about this because to me it so far looks great and I want to get it but I can't help but see the similarity of 3D land.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage

BenAV

1,429. Posted:

I went over to a friend's house for the Australian launch day yesterday and we played four player multiplayer all day.
Tonight I've just played through the first three worlds single player...
Both feel like completely different experiences and I've had a lot of fun both single player and multiplayer.
The game's definitely easily solo, but the franticness of four player multi is just good fun.

It's definitely not even close to being as good as Galaxy 2, but it's still good fun and I'm content with its existence as long as this style doesn't replace 3D Mario games completely.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

cookiex

1,430. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

I need to know something about this game. Does the game play very similarly to 3D land? Are all the green stars well hidden in this game? I want to know about this because to me it so far looks great and I want to get it but I can't help but see the similarity of 3D land.

Some green stars are well hidden, others are more visible but can require skillfull jumps or a certain power-up to reach.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

1,431. Posted:

I'm up to the start of World 8 now, still 100% completion going on too. (Yeah I used a guide for a couple of the stars so what, SO WHAT?)

I gotta say the big bully "boss" you have to fight in World 7 was embarrassingly easy. Literally just jump into him and knock him into a pipe, even a monkey could do it.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,432. Posted:

Yeah, Prince Bully is a joke of a boss, but it is a funny, little fight.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,433. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

@Wonder_Mask: How is Rosalina useless? Her spin attack is very powerful and is superior to Peach's floating!

You mean the spin attack she loses when she gets literally any suit? :P That's all she's good for, and she can't even keep it. Literally the only thing interesting about her is her backstory, and this is a Mario game, so that doesn't belong. I mentioned this on Miiverse, but I hope she pulls a Daisy soon. They're both pretty much Peach appearance wise.

Edited on by Happy_Mask

AuthorMessage

CM30

1,434. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

That surprised anyone? Every 'Bully' style fight in a Mario game has been easy. Just remember how wimpy the Big Bully and Chill Bully were in Mario 64. Or how pathetic Topmaniac was in Galaxy.

Any boss even remotely like a Bully ends up a pathetic fight.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,435. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

That surprised anyone? Every 'Bully' style fight in a Mario game has been easy. Just remember how wimpy the Big Bully and Chill Bully were in Mario 64. Or how pathetic Topmaniac was in Galaxy.

Any boss even remotely like a Bully ends up a pathetic fight.

Also, he is a miniboss after all, if he was a major boss like Motley or something then we should be complaining, lol.
Also its a Mario game, most bosses are pretty easy in these games. (yes I know some of the ones in Galaxy gave me a hard time, I said MOST, lol)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

BlueBlurIxM

1,436. Posted:

Has anyone beaten the "crown" level yet?
I lost like 60 lives and got roughly to the second green star. =/

Edited on by BlueBlurIxM

Rings! Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom!

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,437. Posted:

Haven't even gotten past the Star's 3rd level, kept dying too much, so gave up and gave the game a small break for now. xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,438. Posted:

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

I just found it and beat it tonight. It was easy for me, except the beat blocks cost me at least 70 lives because they were positioned so poorly, I assume they just threw it together and barely tested it, because it's really, really painfully precise. Like, battletoads precise. Also, am I supposed to beat every level with every character now? If so, that's stupid. :P

Also, I like this game considerably less now, because it crossed the line of referencing Super Mario Galaxy 12 miles back. Seriously, if I wanted to play SMG, I'd be playing flipping SMG. This game's strength was in it's originality.

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,439. Posted:

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

I still haven't beaten it yet and have gone as far as the part with speed boosts and circle lasers. I seriously think it's the hardest Mario level I've ever played with 84 lives lost so far, but I wanted a challenge, so I got it!

Here's a trick for clearing every level as every character as quickly as possible. Play multiplayer.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,440. Posted:

@WonderMask
Daisy wishes she were as cool as Rosalina :*

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes