Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 1,409

Dave24

Big_L91 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Aren't they cute?

If I'm being honest it looks kinda ugly to me.

yeah id have to say there pretty ugly too.

To me it also looks like it's cheaply made.

Dave24

Shirma_Akayaku

DestinyMan wrote:

Sorry guys, apparently my tastes in toys is quite underwhelming...

I think it looks fine. It could be better, but it is better than all the fan-made ones currently out there.
Surprisingly, Cat Rosalina looks better than regular Rosalina. The hair just looks better made on the cat.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Ryno

EW! That "family game of the year" thing on the package.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

cookiex

I'll assume this will be the standard for future Mario games.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Jazzer94

I not keen on the red cases they don't go well with the blue label just looks kinda ugly, even the green SLU case looks fine because of everything is green.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

MAN1AC

Jazzer94 wrote:

I not keen on the red cases they don't go well with the blue label just looks kinda ugly, even the green SLU case looks fine because of everything is green.

They wouldn't be so bad if they changed the blue banner on the top of the case to red as well.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

Shirma_Akayaku

Jazzer94 wrote:

I kinda agree with you. They probably changed it to red because red naturally catches a person's attention more than any other color.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

spizzamarozzi

So I kinda stopped caring about this game for a while - I unlocked the first secret world back when it was released, but after that I got distracted by other games and didn't bring it to a finish until a couple of days ago when I thought it was about time to complete it. The last stages are mega. Honestly, I wasn't really fond of the concept and I still miss the old "adventure-like" 3D Mario, but I appreciate how packed with ideas this game is. And it never ends!! I keep playing and thinking "Ok this is going to be the last stage" and I unlock a new world.

As an adult who plays mostly on his own, I really like it. But if I was a boy, say 17 years of age, and had the chance to play this with friends or with my brother everyday, I think this game would have been pure bliss. Makes me sad to think a lot of young gamers are going to miss out on this game just because WiiU isn't the "must have console".

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

whodatninja

DestinyMan wrote:

Super Mario 3D World is now being sold in a red case in North America just like Mario Kart 8. Here's someone with a copy in a Target.
http://www.reddit.com/r/wiiu/comments/2938yk/super_mario_3d_w...

Hey, as long as they're cheaper (Nintendo games notoriously stay expensive) I don't care if the case Red or Blue

spizzamarozzi wrote:

So I kinda stopped caring about this game for a while - I unlocked the first secret world back when it was released, but after that I got distracted by other games and didn't bring it to a finish until a couple of days ago when I thought it was about time to complete it. The last stages are mega. Honestly, I wasn't really fond of the concept and I still miss the old "adventure-like" 3D Mario, but I appreciate how packed with ideas this game is. And it never ends!! I keep playing and thinking "Ok this is going to be the last stage" and I unlock a new world.

As an adult who plays mostly on his own, I really like it. But if I was a boy, say 17 years of age, and had the chance to play this with friends or with my brother everyday, I think this game would have been pure bliss. Makes me sad to think a lot of young gamers are going to miss out on this game just because WiiU isn't the "must have console".

Yeah I personally think SM3DW is a candidate to be a system seller for the Wii U, it is soooooooooooo good and PACKED with originality and content, plus it's beautiful as heck and the music is fantastic! Easily one of the best Mario games ever!

And the difficulty does ramp up considerably during the bonus worlds, especially if you collect ALL the stars, haha...

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Ralizah

Traded in 3D Land, Ocarina of Time, and a couple of Pokemon games at Gamestop to get this a while back.

Totally worth it. This game is so much fun. I love how easy it is to check which stars and stamps I've missed. It really brings out my gaming OCD.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

EnyoTheFirst

cookiex wrote:

I'll assume this will be the standard for future Mario games.

... ew.
I hate when my cases are anything but white or black. The difference in box color looks so weird on my shelf.

3DS Friend Code: 4527 7516 5533

Xyphon22

I would like some advice from people who have done everything in this game. I finally beat the last level (crown-crown, or whatever it is), so I think I have done and found everything in the game except for beating every level with every character and the stamps that comes with that. Is doing that different and fun enough to try? One of the reasons I was excited for this game even after the first showing of it that made most other people turned off to it was because of the different characters like Super Mario Bros. 2 and how much fun that game was beating it as 4 different people. However, I have so many other games right now that I haven't gotten to yet (Wonderful 101, Deus Ex, Mass Effect 3, and I'm about halfway through Xenoblade) that I'm not sure when I'll get around to it, and I can get $33 for it at Gamestop that could go towards all the other awesome games coming out soon. But all those games are much more serious and deep, and sometimes it is good to just pop in a fun time-waster like Mario. So I'm pretty torn. Do you think it is worth holding on to just for that one aspect (or is there anything else I am missing)?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

jump

^If the reason you don't want to keep playing 3D World is because you've got too many other games to play then trading it for another game won't fix that problem.
Personally I like to pick it from time to time for a fun break from other games and the multiplayer makes it a keeper for me.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Xyphon22

Yeah, I realize that. But I probably wouldn't get something new right away. It would just be good to get that much money for it now because the trade-in value will only go down if I wait. And the multiplayer is one of the reasons I don't want to get rid of it, despite the fact I have never played it in multiplayer because I have no one to play with. I could probably talk my wife into it because she usually likes Mario, but there is just never any time. And I think it will be great when my kids are old enough to get into it, but that will be in like 4-5 years probably (my son will be 3 on December 1 and my daughter will be born in late December), and so I could probably get another copy for much cheaper then if I wanted to.

Edited on by Xyphon22

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

jump

It will drop but slightly, big Ninty games are evergreens and always hold value. I see 2nd hand DS & Wii games going for a surprising amount still.

Tbh are you fed up of it yet? If yes then sell it, if no then keep it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jariw

Xyphon22 wrote:

I would like some advice from people who have done everything in this game. I finally beat the last level (crown-crown, or whatever it is), so I think I have done and found everything in the game except for beating every level with every character and the stamps that comes with that. Is doing that different and fun enough to try?

It's just a little different, since all characters has their own speciality. Not using Rosalina or Peach on some of the later levels get more challenging, for example.

Have you found all world warp tubes and golden tubes? Do you always end your runs with a time ending with a 6?

Edited on by jariw

jariw

veeflames

Hey. Just got this game recently, and is it GOOD! My brother and I won't stop playing together. Mount Must Dash is so fun, I can keep on playing that stage tillI'm tired. New things in Mario occur in this game. The game never looked so better on my TV, in buttery 60fps! Oh man, I know what I'll be doing on Veterans Day!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

luke17

A minor peeve of mine with this game: In the Desert-themed World 2, the majority of the levels don't have a desert theme. In the Ice-themed World 3, many levels aren't Ice-themed. Actually, several are in seemingly sunny warm weather. This trend continues throughout the game. I would have liked there to be more "flow" in regards to putting themed levels together. Instead, we get a mishmash of levels thrown together.

Edited on by luke17

luke17

Katherine

Xyphon22 wrote:

Yeah, I realize that. But I probably wouldn't get something new right away. It would just be good to get that much money for it now because the trade-in value will only go down if I wait. And the multiplayer is one of the reasons I don't want to get rid of it, despite the fact I have never played it in multiplayer because I have no one to play with. I could probably talk my wife into it because she usually likes Mario, but there is just never any time. And I think it will be great when my kids are old enough to get into it, but that will be in like 4-5 years probably (my son will be 3 on December 1 and my daughter will be born in late December), and so I could probably get another copy for much cheaper then if I wanted to.

Apologies for the bump, just reviving the 3D world thread again I guess because I enjoy this game. If you've completed this game, try speedrunning it. Same goes with any game really, as long as it has a realistic end goal.

Anyone else speedrun this game?

Katherine

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.