Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 1,409

afro_insomniac

I personally would love a return to the adventure type Mario games (Mario 64/Mario Sunshine). I really love the open, living breathing worlds of those games in addition to the exploratory components. To me they offer the most personality and best atmosphere in any Mario game to date because the levels themselves have a continuity that other Mario games lack. I would love another Mario Sunshine or at least a Mario Sunshine HD remake.

afro_insomniac

jariw

SockoMario wrote:

Am I the only one who finds this game underrated? Everywhere I go, I always see criticism about the game, and I don't know why.

Some people will criticize any IP of being a rehash. It seems like most of those complainers haven't even played that game.

The most common complaint about 3D World I've heard is that too easy at the start and that the bosses are too easy. IMO, since 3D World is so based on the "fun factor", I think that's an excellent design choice. All players will be able to beat the end Bowser in 3D World and have great fun along the way, but after that the challenges begin. And the first worlds make a great party game. Combined with the excellent jazzy soundtrack and its graphics design, I think 3D World stands out on its own quite well, compared to any other Mario game.

jariw

Tobiaku

Personaly, this is one of my favorite Mario games, together with all stars and 64 ^^

But for some reasons, i stinks at those car stages

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

gustavomartinez

FINALLY! Just finished Champion Road after just 13 hours totally spent on this..only 4 characters left.. haha.

Have only seen gameplay from Galaxy but from what i can tell 3D World seems better, its nothing that im missing after watching those gameplays. But everyone has a opinion ofc. But have not actually played Galaxy..

Edited on by gustavomartinez

gustavomartinez

Tobiaku

How the heck am I supposed to beat a miicharacter thats finish the flagpole goal stage in 4 seconds?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

jariw

gustavomartinez wrote:

Have only seen gameplay from Galaxy but from what i can tell 3D World seems better, its nothing that im missing after watching those gameplays. But everyone has a opinion ofc. But have not actually played Galaxy..

The 2 Galaxy games are also great games. They are a quite different gaming experience than 3D World, and I'm not sure that gameplay videos can show that accurately.

jariw

Gamer83

gustavomartinez wrote:

FINALLY! Just finished Champion Road after just 13 hours totally spent on this..only 4 characters left.. haha.

I'm a big fan of 3D World but I'd say the Galaxy games are both better. Just watching videos definitely does not do them justice. Since the Wii U is backwards compatible, I'd say if you have the time and money, definitely give the Galaxy games a go some day.

Gamer83

Jazzer94

My CN official Super Mario 3D world Soundtrack arrived yesterday and it is glorious I think I have played Snow ball park like ten times already.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

kyuubikid213

I can't get enough of this game! I was so upset when I thought I was about to beat it and then, Boom!
There's another bonus world!

Edited on by kyuubikid213

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Big_L91

kyuubikid213 wrote:

I can't get enough of this game! I was so upset when I thought I was about to beat it and then, Boom!
There's another bonus world!

don't be upset. i was acctually very happy if the game finished after beating bowser i wouldnt have been very impressed.

put it on.

dkxcalibur

gustavomartinez wrote:

Hello. Where do you see how many percent the game is finished?

Havent done the last world, spending all my awake time at Champions Road (8 hours today). Its just so hard and im not that good..becoming all nerveous also haha. Using Rosalina, my maximum performance is the water section but failed 3 times yet. Right now its not funny, its very, very, very frustrating.

Maybe its easier with co-op

I have every level completed with Mario including flags but I have yet to complete "Champion's Road" and the last Mystery House. I kind of gave up for now, as it became too frustrating. My plan was to take a short breather to play Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and pick this back up later. I have played 3D World since then but I'm now replaying the game from the beginning and finishing each level with each character.

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

DreamyViridi

Link-Hero wrote:

I have a tip for Champion's Road. Use Tanooki Suits and the level will be so much easier. It will still be tricky in some parts though just to warn you.

Yeah, you could do that if you been losing too many lives and you have no patience. Using a Tanooki or Cat Suit takes the fun and challenge out of it.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Shirma_Akayaku

DreamyViridi wrote:

Link-Hero wrote:

I have a tip for Champion's Road. Use Tanooki Suits and the level will be so much easier. It will still be tricky in some parts though just to warn you.

Yeah, you could do that if you been losing too many lives and you have no patience. Using a Tanooki or Cat Suit takes the fun and challenge out of it.

Rosalina also makes it much easier too. Depends on how good you use her though. With her, I can speed run that level very easily.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

jariw

cookiex wrote:

3D World had nearly 100 developers working on it, double the size of 3D Land.

http://playeressence.com/nintendos-ead-development-team-doubl...

The article might be slightly misleading, although Nintendo have put more resources into development recently. The Tokyo EAD seems to be split into 2 groups, and Galaxy and Galaxy 2 was not made by the same group. The Tokyo EAD is also responsible for the NES Remix titles, FWIW.

jariw

Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Big_L91

Jazzer94 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Aren't they cute?

If I'm being honest it looks kinda ugly to me.

yeah id have to say there pretty ugly too.

put it on.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.