Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,409

DreamyViridi

Someone uploaded the whole soundtrack on YouTube now, clear with no SFX. In case you wanted to listen to the fantastic music without sound effects.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

LucinaSmash

My Super Mario 3D World review: It's not as perfection as Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 but it is better than Super Mario 3D Land.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

Ryno

So, there is a Spin Jump huh? Found that out trying to get the Stamp on 6-1.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

DreamyViridi

I found an SNES remix of Double Cherry Pass. It's very nice and sounds like music that would actually play in Super Mario World.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Xyphon22

I just got this game last week, and I had the coolest thing happen yesterday. I beat World 3, but I saw on the list of levels that there was a 3-B that I had not found yet and I wanted to find it before moving on to World 4 (and yes, I found out later that I was stupid). So while looking around for it, I found the hidden pipe that takes you up to the little ledge, and I assumed that would be where 3-B was. Well, I didn't find a new level, but I did find Shigeru Miyamoto! He was just hanging out up there, and when I walked up he said "Where is Luigi?" I assumed this was a part of the game and if I came back as Luigi I would find level 3-B, so I went into the nearest level, switched to Luigi, and left the level. When I came back, there was a different Mii there and nothing special to do. So maybe this was a normal thing, but I am assuming that I just randomly ran into Miyamoto's Mii, which I think is pretty cool.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Xyphon22

Shhh. Don't ruin my fun.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Flashman

I have a problem where my gamepad loses connection with the wii u. But it only happens whilst playing 3D world. Anyone else had it happen?

Flashman

Tasuki

Finally got around to picking this one up. Yeah I know I am late to the party lol. Unfortunately since I will be moving here in a week my Wii U is packed away for now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Gamecubed

I FINALLY picked this up today. I rarely pay $60 for games, but I did today, and I can confirm that this game is worth every dime.
I haven't been able to put it down since I got home this afternoon. I love playing as Peach.

Gamecubed

Shirma_Akayaku

PloXyZeRO wrote:

I beat the level with all five characters, and I actually think it was EASIEST with Toad. Mario was the second easiest, Luigi third, Peach fourth, and Rosalina fifth.

Now the thing is, I was used to Toad's speed, which is why I found it very hard to beat with Peach and Rosalina, who are balls slow. However, both can hover, which made me approach some parts differently when I relied on sheer speed previously...so I guess that can be easier in a way. It just depends on what you're comfortable with, really. But after beating it five times, it doesn't seem nearly as hard as it did initially

I find it strange when people say Rosalina (& maybe Peach) are just slow, at least to me. The last level was so easy with Rosalina, that I actually love to speedrun that level because she makes it enjoyable. Rosalina maybe a slow runner, but in multiplayer, whenever someone runs ahead with Toad, at full speed, I can easily catch up with them, and even surpass them.
The trick with Rosalina is to Spin Attack after a long jump. It keeps her fastest speed at full momentum. Plus, she can reach high places without the Cat Suit.

Examples:
Untitled
Untitled

She's kind of a glitchy character. I just love her animation glitches <3 Head facing the wrong way.
Untitled

Her hitbox is damn huge. Even when little, Spin Attacks hit blocks when standing under them. Hurts enemies under her.
Untitled

Fastest time on Champion's Road - Rosalina: 267
Untitled

And the best thing about her? Maybe that she can easily hit two of the slots at the same time and have a better chance of getting 777? (no item needed).
Untitled

I'd say Mario might be the worst character in the game, even though he's balanced. Phew that's a lot.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

SG9000

Overpowered, but slow: Rosalina
Princess of Gravity: Peach
Need for Speed: Toad
Better than his brother: Luigi
The boring one: Mario

That's all y'all need to know!

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

Shirma_Akayaku

SG9000 wrote:

Pretty much this.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Big_L91

Rosalina wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

Pretty much this.

id have to disagree, my favorites definitely Mario. speed and jump are jusssst right

put it on.

Dreamz

Rosalina wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

Pretty much this.

Agreed, though it's worth saying that Rosalina isn't just a bit overpowered, she's WAY overpowered. Not only is she the only character in the game with an attack, but it's a 360 degree attack. That functions as a bloody double-jump. Geez.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

gustavomartinez

Hello. Where do you see how many percent the game is finished?

Havent done the last world, spending all my awake time at Champions Road (8 hours today). Its just so hard and im not that good..becoming all nerveous also haha. Using Rosalina, my maximum performance is the water section but failed 3 times yet. Right now its not funny, its very, very, very frustrating.

Maybe its easier with co-op

gustavomartinez

CapeSmash

Am I the only one who finds this game underrated? Everywhere I go, I always see criticism about the game, and I don't know why. Let me go over the common complaints about the game:

This Game is a Rehash, They Should of Made Super Mario Galaxy 3: Why would you want ANOTHER Mario Galaxy game? Isn't two enough? People complain about Nintendo "rehashing" Mario, but Galaxy 2 gets a free pass, and gets called "new and innovative," when Mario Galaxy 2 was EXACTLY the same as the first Mario Galaxy, except it had new levels. Yeah. "New and innovative" my @$$! There was nothing "new and innovative" about that overrated heep of garbage. Let's see... They added Yoshi, 3 new power-ups (if you count the drill as one), a bland world map, no story, and an extremely small and pointless hub world. Plus, they had the guts to reuse levels from the first Galaxy game. Overall, Galaxy 2 wasn't "new and innovative," and it's a blatant rehash of the first Mario Galaxy.

Moving on... 3D World is NOT a freaking rehash. There's no evidence that it is. What other Mario game before 3D World had you running around as a cat in 3D with 4-players, duplicating youself, and climbing up walls? Oh, that's right, there wasn't. Almost every level in 3D World felt new and innovative. Plus, nearly every level felt different, and had their own unique mechanic to it. And before you say 3D World is "just an HD version of 3D Land," it isn't. Did 3D Land have 4 playes? Did 3D Land have you running up walls as a cat? Did 3D Land have creative levels? Did 3D Land have good/tight controls? No, It didn't. A sequel is suppose to build, and improve upon the original. And that's EXACTLY what 3D World did.

If you think 3D World is a "rehash", then you must think EVERY sequel ever made is a rehash. 3D World had better controls, more creative levels, 4 players, brilliant power-ups, a free-roaming world map, better boss fights, a better soundtrack, better reply-value, a better camera, and pretty much better everything. Does that sound like a "rehash" to you? Of course not. 3D World did what any other sequel should do. Expand, build, and improve upon the original. Galaxy 2 on the other hand... wasn't a proper sequel. It was an expansion-pack of the first Mario Galaxy. It had the same controls, reused a lot of levels, "meh" power-ups, the levels weren't has creative as the first one (debateable, but I found the first one to have more creative levels), looks, feels, and plays the same as the first one. When people bring up Mario "rehashes", they bring up the NSMB series, even 3D World, and NOT Galaxy 2.

What I'm trying to say is, you can't call 3D World a "rehash," and say Galaxy 2 isn't.

The Game Was Disappointing:
A.) You probably didn't finish the game.
Most people who are disappointed with this game, played a couple worlds, and stopped playing.

B.) You finished the game, but didn't touch the extra worlds.
A lot of people who were disappointed with this game didn't even play the extra worlds.

C.) You're upset that they didn't make a Mario Galaxy rehash instead.
Cry me a river.

D.) You're upset that they didn't make Mario 64 2, or Mario Sunshine 2.
Just because Nintendo made this game instead of those, doesn't mean the game itself is disappointing.

Other than the things I just mentioned, I don't know why you would be disappointed with the game.

Sorry for this long post, I just had to get this off my chest. It's been bothering me for months.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Storytime7

@SockoMario: No need to go on a rant, the game has received plenty of praise. Also, Galaxy 2 isn't a rehash, it's a great game in its own right.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

CapeSmash

Storytime7 wrote:

@SockoMario: No need to go on a rant, the game has received plenty of praise. Also, Galaxy 2 isn't a rehash, it's a great game in its own right.

Mario Galaxy 2 was okay. It's just that it felt like I was replaying the first one again. I'm so harsh on Galaxy 2, because when people talk about "rehashes," they bring up 3D World, but not Galaxy 2. It really erks me, especially when 3D World isn't even remotely close to being a rehash. And most of the praise this game gets, is from critics, and die-hard Nintendo fans.

Also, I'm not saying Galaxy 2 was't a fun game. NSB2 was a rehash of NSBW, yet it was still fun, IMO.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

kkslider5552000

I think the difference is that 3D world is the victim of being an evolution of overdone and increasingly meh retro 2d-like Mario titles. It's kinda like how ACIV maybe had the best assassin gameplay but I'm so sick if it I found it somehow difficult to enjoy parts of that game that weren't on a boat.

Whereas Galaxy was such a fresh new game (not just for Mario but in general) that you could justify a level pack sequel no problem.

I'm not saying that's fair to 3D World, I'm just saying this is how it is.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Gamer83

I can't say I've seen this negativity towards SM3DW. Not since its release anyway. People criticized it when Nintendo showed off that weak first trailer but the trailers in the month or so leading up to release and since release I've heard and read nothing but good things about the game. Just to throw my two cents into the whole debate, I do find both Galaxy games better but 3D World is still awesome, just wish it didn't have the timer so I could fully explore the awesome levels at my own pace.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.