Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,409

Big_L91

DreamyViridi wrote:

JonnyKong wrote:

The beat blocks are easy with Peach cos you can just float above them. I have no idea how to do it with the other characters.

It's just as simple with Rosalina. As for the guys, I would try jumping to an empty beat block which will spawn when timed right. You will have to be quick with Mario, Luigi and Toad, no breaks.

yeah, ive managed to get the beat block section down with mario now. i like finishing levels with him first. once you know the patterns its not too bad just alot of memorization. it took 100 lives off me the other night and im still no further than right after the magikoopas.

Edited on by Big_L91

put it on.

JonnyKong

Just played this game on multiplayer for the first ever time with three family members.

We lost 20 lives on one level lol

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

Rezalack

JonnyKong wrote:

Just played this game on multiplayer for the first ever time with three family members.

We lost 20 lives on one level lol

Haha, that's awesome. Lives will dwindle very fast with friends there.. especially when you're constantly trying to throw each other off the edge of a map. I had to do the trick to get 1000 lives pretty quickly.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

luisesteban

I've been looking in vgchartz and the game has like 730k units sold until december 18th....those are good numbers, wandering how many digital copies has been sold?

luisesteban

carlc

omg the 100% completion tasks are so tantalizing. Cant deny this games greatness!

3ds FC: 1134-7631-4695. Currently playing Pokemon Y
Wii U - NNID: craz-e-carl

antonvaltaz

I've been playing New Super Mario Bros U with my 4 year old son, and the fact that he can go inside an invulnerable bubble every time he presses 'A' is really helpful, otherwise he'd never get past the trickier bits. In practicse this often mean he's doing little more than watching me play, but he really enjoys being involved.

Is there any similar functionality in Super Mario 3D World?

antonvaltaz

Nintendo Network ID: antonvaltaz123 | Twitter:

Dave24

DestinyMan wrote:

Good luck with the final segment of Champion's Road...
Untitled
This is where I'm stuck. You have to collect five key coins to unlock the warp box while simultaneously avoiding the ring burners and your own speed. I guess I need the Tanooki Suit to make it a little easier.

I tried it only once, because it made it harder for me to beat this level. I can tell you that Tanooki will screw you sideways - for some reason, on that part the controls lock-up and you can't jump sometimes (I mean that part when you need to jump from one block to another). It reminded me of everything I hate about Galaxy. And also, 9 times out of 10 you will lose tanooki anyway, either on that spike ants or piranha plants... or even both. Sadly, you just have to die a lot on that part and pray to God that the controls will work this time.

This stage was hardest for me with Peach, with Rosalina on the other hand I've had no problems at all with her double jump. I've beat the whole game with Mario, so maybe that's why this was hardest part for me to beat with other characters. I've beat flower, mushroom and crown world with all characters, so now I can enjoy replaying the game with other characters. For now, I've near beating it with Luigi. It's so much fun I don't have a problem with replaying it with all characters After 70 hrs I still can't get enough of this masterpiece

Dave24

PloXyZeRO

Finally got five stars (and not with cheating)
Untitled
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlENBHMdw

After playing so much...I can beat Champion's Road with ease. On the last part, just ground pound if you need to stop temporarily. Makes it a lot easier.

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

cameronbelmont

I played through this game once. I didn't do 100% (I think I have 200 stars and about 2/3 of the stamps), cuz I got 10 games for Christmas and I wanted to try Wind Waker and the others. I mean I still have Monster Hunter to get into, the two Batmans, and Rayman. That says nothing of Pikmin 3 or the Wonderful 101 which I have not yet purchased and DK which I have already pre-ordered. But when I have some time I look forward to going back and getting 100% of everything. I am sure that it is going to be frustrating.

Overall the game is just a blast to play. I played solo, but I have another game open that I played with my nephews. That was pretty fun too. For all of Nintendo's faults they still know how to make a great gaming experience. All this coming from what I would call a luke warm Mario fan.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age: Inquisition

BlazeCrow

after beating the game I can't seem to get the icon for which characters I beaten stages with.

BlazeCrow

3DS Friend Code: 2105-9074-4021 | Nintendo Network ID: BLAZECROW

Sonicfan11589

I actually just attempted one of (if not) the last Boo House stage, the one that has that monochrome-like look to it. The very beginning reminded me of Fatal Frame, what with that graphical look and being chased by a Ghost in a dark mansion.

I believe it is called "Shiftier Boo Mansion"

Edited on by Sonicfan11589

Sonicfan11589

Henmii

Well, almost finished! Still need to get a bunch of stars in the last Surprise house, and I have to do the Champion road (wich is very hard). Overall I think it was a pretty fun Mario with cool ideas and good graphics. And I also liked the endboss, though it was not a real boss! Also nice that it had so many levels!

The downside though is that the levels where very short and easy (only the last bunch of levels where a real challenge), and most collectables where very easy to obtain/find! Only one stamp was very hard to find (but I found it). And for one I needed youtube!

Still a worthy addition to the franchise!

By the way: If you finish every level with every character, does that unlock something?

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Dave24

Henmii wrote:

Well, almost finished! Still need to get a bunch of stars in the last Surprise house, and I have to do the Champion road (wich is very hard). Overall I think it was a pretty fun Mario with cool ideas and good graphics. And I also liked the endboss, though it was not a real boss! Also nice that it had so many levels!

The downside though is that the levels where very short and easy (only the last bunch of levels where a real challenge), and most collectables where very easy to obtain/find! Only one stamp was very hard to find (but I found it). And for one I needed youtube!

Still a worthy addition to the franchise!

By the way: If you finish every level with every character, does that unlock something?

Stamp for each character

Dave24

HankLangley

Whats everyones best time for super bell hill? i got 52 seconds.

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

Ferret

Well I was in love with the game until I hit Bowser 7 - Grumblump Inferno.

Far and away the stupidest level in all history of any Mario game. I've burned through about 50 men and I still can't reliably stay on the damn grumblump. Given up and I don't care, stupid design making a level revolve around something that you can't even reliably stay on.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Ferret

Rezalack

Ferret wrote:

Well I was in love with the game until I hit Bowser 7 - Grumblump Inferno.

Far and away the stupidest level in all history of any Mario game. I've burned through about 50 men and I still can't reliably stay on the damn grumblump. Given up and I don't care, stupid design making a level revolve around something that you can't even reliably stay on.

It took me a while to get the hang of it, but once you do, you got it. My advice is don't hold the run button just walk and keep calm. Practice makes perfect, heh.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.