Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 1,409

Jey887

I'm pretty sure someone confirmed there wouldn't be any DLC for this game (too lazy to find the source) but i'm sure that could change if there was enough demand for it. I'd love to see more Captain Toad levels. They could even release them as a standalone eShop game.

Jey887

luke17

I really love the Captain Toad levels...they FINALLY utilize the gamepad in a meaningful way.

luke17

Burning_Spear

I accidentally punched the help block but managed to avoid the invincibility leaf. Will that wipe out my chance for a shiny star in my profile?

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

Big_L91

Burning_Spear wrote:

I accidentally punched the help block but managed to avoid the invincibility leaf. Will that wipe out my chance for a shiny star in my profile?

good question, ive also done this.

put it on.

JonnyKong

I've come to the conclusion that the Champion Road level can go screw itself!

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

Rezalack

JonnyKong wrote:

Haha.. I'm pretty sure this level has given me more trouble than any other Mario game levels. I finally beat it with Toad the other night.. and now I just need to beat it with the other 4. It's my favorite level in the game, wish there were a couple more like it.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Edwicket

Just completed the game 100% by myself! It took 47 hours 13 minutes and 555 lives lost!

Edwicket

Happy_Mask

Spuratis wrote:

JonnyKong wrote:

Haha.. I'm pretty sure this level has given me more trouble than any other Mario game levels. I finally beat it with Toad the other night.. and now I just need to beat it with the other 4. It's my favorite level in the game, wish there were a couple more like it.

I played with Peach the entire time, because she's without a doubt the most useful character. Just have a few more mystery house marathon rooms to clear with her, and she'll have the entire game completed.
But yeah. Champion Road stinks, it was really easy for me, except the beat block segment. Seriously, they didn't follow the beat of the level, it was awful, even with cat peach. -.-

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

JonnyKong

I can't even begin to imagine what it's going to be like trying to complete Champion Road with anyone other than Peach. I have full respect for those that do.

Rezalack

Wonder_Mask wrote:

I played with Peach the entire time, because she's without a doubt the most useful character. Just have a few more mystery house marathon rooms to clear with her, and she'll have the entire game completed.
But yeah. Champion Road stinks, it was really easy for me, except the beat block segment. Seriously, they didn't follow the beat of the level, it was awful, even with cat peach. -.-

I chose to play through the game mostly as Toad just to make things harder on myself, lol. I seen some videos online of peach though and it seems some people are doing the fastest speed runs with her.. it's ridiculous.

Rezalack

Mr_Nose

I went to Best Buy yesterday, and took advantage of their awesome deals on points cards. And you should too, you can save ten bucks on a fifty dollar card! With a discount I had from their credit card, I got eighty-five dollars worth of points for fifty dollars.

Anyway, I came home after work and downloaded 3D World ( After considering a number of titles that I really want right now.) , and I gotta say, if you're still sitting on the fence about picking it up, get off the fence!

This is without a doubt, one of the funnest games I've ever played. It's charming, creatve, whimsical, comforting, and extremely addictive. It encapsulates everything one thinks of when summing-up their fondest gaming memories. It's also a whisper in the ear from Nintendo saying, 'Hey, we haven't forgotten.'

It gives a much needed break from all of the crap that may be going on in our lives, and the world. I don't always want to be reminded of the headlines, or thrown into a warzone, or plopped into a drab depressing environment. I want to get away from those things. I want to have real, honest fun. I need to play. And this game remembers how important that is.

3DS:
5413 - 1299 - 6184
Wii U:
Mr.Nose
Bink

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1299-6184 | Nintendo Network ID: MrNose

Ketchupcat

JonnyKong wrote:

I can't even begin to imagine what it's going to be like trying to complete Champion Road with anyone other than Peach. I have full respect for those that do.

I've probably lost more than 50 lives with Toad. I've never even gotten past the blast block part.

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

Big_L91

thats because rosalina sucks!

put it on.

JonnyKong

You are cray cray.

Knux

3D World is really fantastic even though I'm playing alone. Aside from the lack of online multiplayer, I can't honestly find anything wrong with this game. I have only finished the third world, but I'm beginning to consider this one of my favorite Mario games (along with Super Mario 64, the Galaxy games, Super Mario Bros. 3, and Super Mario World). It makes 3D Land look like utter crap, to be honest. So even if you didn't like 3D Land, you should still consider this one a must-buy.

Knux

DreamyViridi

I went to a friend's house for 3D World multiplayer and I agree that it's a fantastic game. 3D Land was great but everything about 3D World trumps it; the world map (and its secrets), the level design, the multiple characters, it's all so good. The references are really nostalgic for me and that just give the game extra points.

We beat the World 6 Enemy Blockade before I had to leave and I must say, one of the best Mario games I played so far in my life! Right up there with the fun times I had with the Galaxy games.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Dark-Luigi

This game is one of the best mario game's ever existed aside from 64 and Galaxy. Just like @Dreamy I too, went to a friends house with my brother and sister to play this amazing game. and we still do now. Was a total blast, really. Heck, just like 3D Land and any other mario game I can't stop playing it, it never gets old. I love all the Mario enemies and references for the past mario games! Even the music is catchy as hell! Seriously, I love this game so damn much!

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

Rezalack

I'm not getting all this Rosalina hate, she may run a little slow, but she's basically a better version of Luigi. She jumps high and can get even higher with her attack. I thought she was pretty good although I don't like playing her because I'm used to Toads run speed..

..Now, if only I could master Peaches potential super speed with the Cat suit.

Rezalack

Rezalack

Yeah, that's another thing about this game. The soundtrack, I've said it before here, but I'm not huge on video game soundtracks outside of a few that really stand out to me, but this game in particular had some levels where the soundtracks really caught my ear. The ones that Dark-Luigi mentoned in particular, the bass line in Beep Block Skyway was awesome. I was surprised to hear so many different tracks for all the levels.

Rezalack

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.