Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,409

cookiex

I've completed the main campaign yesterday (took about six to seven hours for me) and is starting on the special worlds today. Excellent game as expected, though with minor flaws.

A few notes:

• I only played the first two worlds in multiplayer since my brother only felt like going so far, the rest of the way I played alone.
  • The randomizer really seems to favor Peach.
  • The early levels were so easy you had to try to get killed, but it does get challenging towards the end even for a Mario veteran like me.
  • I did not expect the Bowser carnival to be the final world, that's a neat change of setting from the other games.
  • The final bowser battle was really cool, but I wish the music was more epic like in the Galaxy games.
  • Getting all green stars isn't as easy as it looks.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

JonnyKong

As I'm playing I'm trying to make sure I get every green star and stamp before moving onto the next level/world, which for the first four worlds has been okay. A couple have been annoying or challenging to get. I don't know if I'll keep that up as I move into the second half of the game where I'm sure they'll become more frustrating to get and I'll just wanna move on..

Edited on by JonnyKong

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

HisDudeness

Hi guys, did anyone one pre-order this in from Game.co.uk but did NOT receive the pre-order bonuses of the furry sleeve and exclusive key ring? Didn't get mine and was wondering if they came separately.

Quando omni flunkus moritati

JonnyKong

My word this game is amazing.

The only issue I'm having is that as soon as I start a new level I recognise it immediately from trailers and other clips etc which I know is entirely my own fault. It will be nice to get some new surprises towards the end of the game.

I loved that level in World 5 where you only had 100 seconds to get the three cherries and find all the stars. I've not seen that in any trailers so that was exciting.

JonnyKong

HisDudeness wrote:

Hi guys, did anyone one pre-order this in from Game.co.uk but did NOT receive the pre-order bonuses of the furry sleeve and exclusive key ring? Didn't get mine and was wondering if they came separately.

I'm sure I seen a thread about this over on Gamefaqs, I think a lot of people who ordered from Game never received a copy on launch day.

Big_L91

HisDudeness wrote:

yeah i also seen a thread on reddit about the same. seems quite a few people are in your position, thats game for you though.

put it on.

AceTrainerAndy

Miss_Dark wrote:

Does it make a difference if I set my 3d tv in 3d mode + use glasses? I already tried it but it seemed pretty much the same to me.

Lol, it doesn't work like that. The 3D in Mario 3D world just means the levels are three dimensional, meaning they have a Z-axis.

Nintendo id: AceTrainerAndy add me to play Black Ops2.
3DS FC: 1005-8521-5508

JonnyKong

Are there no Shy Guys in this game?

I miss them

Edited on by JonnyKong

Nuuzen

I don't know what's cuter, Cat Peach or Tanooki Peach . XD

Nuuzen

3DS Friend Code: 1048-8838-7829 | Nintendo Network ID: Nudull

JonnyKong

I'll tell you what's cuter, everytime Peach says something through the gamepad speaker, especially when you get a double cherry.

"Peaches"

Mk_II

Just finished my first session with this game and i'm blown away. Right now i like it even better than Super Mario Galaxy. The controls seem a bit tighter and precise, the camera angles are just right and the level design is excellent. Without a doubt the best "proper" Mario game in a long time. A 10 out of 10 score is well deserved and if there's any justice in this cruel world, this game should be the #1 seller this holiday season.

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

10000mario

Edwin wrote:

I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer.

When you're on the overworld map of World-3 you can see an island off to the left if you rotate the camera. On this tall island is a green pipe, a 1up, and some invisible coins (if you blow on the mic). I cannot figure out how to get to this pipe. I have completed the game and have gotten every green star and stamps except for the last five. How do get to this pipe? Thank you.

go to world five, on the map there are little piles of rocks here and there. Go up to one and press "A" (shown by an on screen command) a warp pipe will appear.

10000mario

WebHead

I have to agrre with Wonder_Mask on the bosses. the World 4 and 5 bosses were jokes.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Ferret

Magical.

Had a few mates over for a house warming party last night and we ended up having a ball playing it for most of the night. None of my mates are gamers.

Ferret

Socar

I need to know something about this game. Does the game play very similarly to 3D land? Are all the green stars well hidden in this game? I want to know about this because to me it so far looks great and I want to get it but I can't help but see the similarity of 3D land.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

BenAV

I went over to a friend's house for the Australian launch day yesterday and we played four player multiplayer all day.
Tonight I've just played through the first three worlds single player...
Both feel like completely different experiences and I've had a lot of fun both single player and multiplayer.
The game's definitely easily solo, but the franticness of four player multi is just good fun.

It's definitely not even close to being as good as Galaxy 2, but it's still good fun and I'm content with its existence as long as this style doesn't replace 3D Mario games completely.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

cookiex

Artwark wrote:

I need to know something about this game. Does the game play very similarly to 3D land? Are all the green stars well hidden in this game? I want to know about this because to me it so far looks great and I want to get it but I can't help but see the similarity of 3D land.

Some green stars are well hidden, others are more visible but can require skillfull jumps or a certain power-up to reach.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

JonnyKong

I'm up to the start of World 8 now, still 100% completion going on too. (Yeah I used a guide for a couple of the stars so what, SO WHAT?)

I gotta say the big bully "boss" you have to fight in World 7 was embarrassingly easy. Literally just jump into him and knock him into a pipe, even a monkey could do it.

CM30

DestinyMan wrote:

Yeah, Prince Bully is a joke of a boss, but it is a funny, little fight.

That surprised anyone? Every 'Bully' style fight in a Mario game has been easy. Just remember how wimpy the Big Bully and Chill Bully were in Mario 64. Or how pathetic Topmaniac was in Galaxy.

Any boss even remotely like a Bully ends up a pathetic fight.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Joeynator3000

CM30 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Yeah, Prince Bully is a joke of a boss, but it is a funny, little fight.

That surprised anyone? Every 'Bully' style fight in a Mario game has been easy. Just remember how wimpy the Big Bully and Chill Bully were in Mario 64. Or how pathetic Topmaniac was in Galaxy.

Any boss even remotely like a Bully ends up a pathetic fight.

Also, he is a miniboss after all, if he was a major boss like Motley or something then we should be complaining, lol.
Also its a Mario game, most bosses are pretty easy in these games. (yes I know some of the ones in Galaxy gave me a hard time, I said MOST, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.