Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,409

NintendoLink

Untitled

Wii U Mario Kart bundle - Mario kart 8, Monster hunter 3, Donkey Kong Tropical freeze
Wii U Nintendo ID - pockyNNrocky - ADD ME ! :)

3DS Friend Code: 0662-3551-3737 | Nintendo Network ID: POCKYnROCKY

NintendoLink

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

ALL ABOARD! Next stop, Friday! May Super Mario 3D World be the game that saves Wii U!
Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by NintendoLink

Wii U Mario Kart bundle - Mario kart 8, Monster hunter 3, Donkey Kong Tropical freeze

renaryuugufan92

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

skywake

Dark-Luigi wrote:

I swear, if this game doesn't win that award, I will be absolutely furious. I mean look at all this! How can it NOT win?

Last year it would have won in a landslide, this year it has to beat GTAV and The Last of Us......

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

ThePirateCaptain

@MrWalkieTalkie
Contrary to popular belief, games are not rated by starting with a 10 and subtracting points for their problems. Just because a game doesn't have any notable flaws doesn't mean it deserves a perfect score. It's a little silly, but that's what we have to deal with.

Just in case anyone didn't know, this game's boss theme is the best thing ever.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

skywake

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Untitled
Um? Gamespot says that there's absolutely nothing wrong with Super Mario 3D World, it's apparently perfect. Yet it still gets a 9 out of 10.

I have a fairly obsessive music rating thing that I do with a music rating site. I go around and listen to albums and then basically give them a rating out of ten. Of the almost 200 albums I've thought about enough to bother rating I've given about ten perfect scores.

However if you were to point to an album I'd given 4.5 stars (i.e. 9/10) like My Bloody Valentine's Isn't Anything and asked me to list what I didn't like about it I probably couldn't answer. I'd at most just say that it's not as good as Sigur Rós' Ágætis Byrjun or as ahead of its time as The Beatles' Revolver. Maybe in giving it a 9 they were thinking that it's great and hard to fault but it's not quite as good as Super Mario Galaxy.

Also who cares, it's a review and it's their opinion. Don't let what is basically high praise for a game get you into a rage about how the praise should have been higher. Just enjoy the damn game.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

NightmareXIV

I got all excited for my birthday in two weeks, but because of this game two weeks is an eternity.

Earlier release petiton

https://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-release-popular-games-in-america-sooner#share

3DS Friend Code: 1134-7192-3429 | Nintendo Network ID: NightmareXIV

19Robb92

Untitled

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

V8_Ninja

Damn. Now I have to get a Wii U and SM3DW.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

SammyOfMobius

This game has been extremely well received by critics! Something tells me that this game will be my favorite since Super Mario Galaxy!

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

jump

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

I expect a huge input lag. Curious if they have mentioned it?
Because it has to go through 2 things now. Console and TV, and each takes some time to process.
It was consepted for TV only in the first place.

If you watch all of the vid you can see it's about a 3 sec lag between him pressing the button and Mario moving.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Snagrio

I'm really in a pickle. On one hand I have just enough money for a 3DS XL when it goes on sale at my Target during Black Friday, but on the other I could instead splurge on what seems to be the greatest Mario game ever the day it comes out instead of waiting for Christmas.

What do I do guys!?!

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

NintendoLink

WingedSnagret wrote:

I'm really in a pickle. On one hand I have just enough money for a 3DS XL when it goes on sale at my Target during Black Friday, but on the other I could instead splurge on what seems to be the greatest Mario game ever the day it comes out instead of waiting for Christmas.

What do I do guys!?!

Well, depends on what u like the most. Handheld or tv console.
Wii U gets mario, 3ds gets zelda..
Mk8 and donkey kong at spring also for the wii u.

Edited on by NintendoLink

Budda

arronishere wrote:

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

I expect a huge input lag. Curious if they have mentioned it?
Because it has to go through 2 things now. Console and TV, and each takes some time to process.
It was consepted for TV only in the first place.

If you watch all of the vid you can see it's about a 3 sec lag between him pressing the button and Mario moving.

I have only watched only the first minute, so yea. But I think it's like maybe 1 sec.. not more.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Jampie

WingedSnagret wrote:

What do I do guys!?!

Since you have a friend code listed in your sig, it seems like you already have a 3DS, so I would go with this game! But of course, that's just my opinion. How badly do you want a 3DS XL or this game? D:

Edited on by Jampie

MiiverseBackloggeryColors! Gallery
Peach Pink 2DS FC: 3110 - 6005 - 7552 // NNID: Emilyssa
AC:NL Dream Address: 5...

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0320-5871 | Nintendo Network ID: Jampie | Twitter:

Snagrio

I already have a regular 3DS (albeit one that's in somewhat bad shape), so it isn't mandatory that I get an XL. The only real reason is the $50 cheaper appeal. I suppose if I get a job within the next couple weeks it won't matter. But that's just it. If I know I'll land one soon I can just go ahead with the XL and get 3D World later and avoid the Internet for a while. Yet since I don't know it's a 50/50 choice...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.