Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,409

GamecubeMan

Well at least the music in the trailer; is jazzy. Thats all I got for what I like about this game so far. >:[

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

Nintendroid5000 wrote:

Online multiplayer is a must.

No, it's not. Though it would be nice.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

ThePirateCaptain

Nintendroid5000 wrote:

Prepare to be disappointed then. I really don't see why everyone wants online multiplayer in a Mario game to begin with.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

WebHead

Online multiplayer would be nice, but don't count on it.

I think the think a good analogy of this game would be NSMB Wii. Think of 3D World as being to 3D Land what NSMB Wii is to NSMB.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AceTrainerAndy

I was so disappointed when I saw this. I was praying for a Super Mario Sunshine sequel. Why couldn't they keep this on 3DS? I know exactly why. This is easy money folks. They already have almost all the models. All the engines are pretty much there, so all that is left is level design. Plain and simple. The multiplayer excuse is bull. They are turning into EA more, and more, everyday. First the YouTube thing and now this.

Nintendo id: AceTrainerAndy add me to play Black Ops2.
3DS FC: 1005-8521-5508

Klimbatize

CapnPancakes wrote:

Nintendroid5000 wrote:

Prepare to be disappointed then. I really don't see why everyone wants online multiplayer in a Mario game to begin with.

...to play against other people online? Even if it's not something you want yourself, you don't see why someone would want it?

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

ThePirateCaptain

@MetallicDonkey
I guess I just don't get it. I guess I could see why people would want it, but for me personally, i'd rather have a group of friends in the room. That's not to say i'm opposed to having online, I just don't see it happening.

ThePirateCaptain

Klimbatize

CapnPancakes wrote:

@MetallicDonkey
I guess I just don't get it. I guess I could see why people would want it, but for me personally, i'd rather have a group of friends in the room. That's not to say i'm opposed to having online, I just don't see it happening.

Absolutely, having the people in the room is the better option. But there is value in having online multiplayer available. Try thinking about it from someone else's perspective.

I don't know your situation, but for me (a 30+ year old with a family), it's far easier to play games with my friends over the internet. It's almost impossible to get everyone together in one place at the same time, not to mention that many don't even live in the same state.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

ThePirateCaptain

It just feels weird to me imagining a Mario platformer with online play. I suppose it could work well if it allowed you to play with people on your friends list. If it didn't have voice chat, I could see it being more frustrating than it would be worth though.

ThePirateCaptain

CM30

You know what I'm a bit curious about?

What the storyline is here. Is Bowser still involved? Does someone get kidnapped now that Peach is playable? Or is it like a spiritual successor to Super Mario Bros 2 complete with the return of Wart?

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

MrWalkieTalkie

CM30 wrote:

What the storyline is here. Is Bowser still involved? Does someone get kidnapped now that Peach is playable? Or is it like a spiritual successor to Super Mario Bros 2 complete with the return of Wart?

You can see at 35 seconds in the video the Bowser symbol so I'm sure he's still the main villain.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

e-love

Dev wrote:

GamecubeLad wrote:

Well at least the music in the trailer; is jazzy.

The theme has been stuck in my head since I've watched the trailer the second time.

Let's hope this game gets a fully original soundtrack.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

NinChocolate

Check out World 6-3 gameplay:
http://www.gamexplain.com/article-1060-1371014469-e3-2013-sup...
This vertical style of level design gets me more excited than walking around spheres and cylinders.

Also cat tree suits will greatly up the replayability of this mario for me more than most 3D Mario's to say nothing of the multiplayer features.

Still hyped!

NinChocolate

CM30

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

CM30 wrote:

You can see at 35 seconds in the video the Bowser symbol so I'm sure he's still the main villain.

Ah yes, forgot about that Bowser icon when you die. But it does make me wonder what his plan is here. Take over the world? Some universe threatening plot?

Edited on by CM30

Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!

Twitter:

MrWalkieTalkie

iMii wrote:

Check out World 6-3 gameplay:
http://www.gamexplain.com/article-1060-1371014469-e3-2013-sup...
This vertical style of level design gets me more excited than walking around spheres and cylinders.

Also cat tree suits will greatly up the replayability of this mario for me more than most 3D Mario's to say nothing of the multiplayer features.

Still hyped!

OMG tiny Peach was so cute!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

FalconBlade

I'm wondering how many worlds there's going to be. Obviously there will probably be 8 main worlds, with a boss fight (probably not always Bowser or Bowser Jr.) at the end of each. But will there be 8 full special worlds, like Super Mario 3D Land, or just one, like Super Mario Galaxy 2/NSMB? I'm leaning towards the latter, it seems like it would take way too long to make full-sized special worlds for the Wii U, but who knows. 8 special worlds would be insanely cool.

The 8-Bit Vista, a Pixelated Panorama
Currently playing: Virtue's Last Reward, Breath of Fire
Currently re-playing: Super Mario Galaxy 2, Comix Zone
Just finished: Crusader of Centy, AKA Soleil

CM30

FalconBlade wrote:

I'm wondering how many worlds there's going to be. Obviously there will probably be 8 main worlds, with a boss fight (probably not always Bowser or Bowser Jr.) at the end of each. But will there be 8 full special worlds, like Super Mario 3D Land, or just one, like Super Mario Galaxy 2/NSMB? I'm leaning towards the latter, it seems like it would take way too long to make full-sized special worlds for the Wii U, but who knows. 8 special worlds would be insanely cool.

I'm assuming there'll be lots of new secret worlds in this game. After all, it seems more and more have been added in every major Mario title to date, so I'm expecting more than two extra worlds this time around.

Twitter:

FalconBlade

CM30 wrote:

FalconBlade wrote:

I'm assuming there'll be lots of new secret worlds in this game. After all, it seems more and more have been added in every major Mario title to date, so I'm expecting more than two extra worlds this time around.

Didn't NSMB U only have one secret world, though?

The 8-Bit Vista, a Pixelated Panorama
Currently playing: Virtue's Last Reward, Breath of Fire
Currently re-playing: Super Mario Galaxy 2, Comix Zone
Just finished: Crusader of Centy, AKA Soleil

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.