Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Mario 3D World

Showing 101 to 120 of 1,626

AuthorMessage

scrubbyscum999

101. Posted:

This looks like a more polished 3D Land. It looks fun and I liked the gameplay footage. I remain optimistic.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage

GTWarrior77

102. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I like this. That's it. I want to be more excited about this but... It just looks good to me at best.

This is how I feel at the moment. It will most likely be a great game as usual, but it needs to grow on me. I will reserve final judgement for when I have played it. I for one would have been more than happy to replace the multi-player aspect with an open world. At this stage I am more looking forward to DKC Tropical Freeze than this game.

Oh well, at least Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. also got me excited.

Edited on by GTWarrior77

"As a man thinketh, so is he."

3DS fc: 0817 - 4085 - 8871
WiiU NNID: GTWarrior

AuthorMessage

Cesco

103. Posted:

Since it's playable at the E3 (there are 5 playable levels if I'm not mistaken),
Since it's also playable in some shopping malls (Best buys? Wal-mart? I don't remember),
Since there's a lot of people saying that there aren't that much games available on Wii U right now...

I think that it would be a nice idea and a kindness to their customers if Nintendo could make an early demo version of this game now with one or two levels, so anyone with a Wii U and an access to the eShop could try it by himself / herself and get an idea of the game.

What do you think ?

Edited on by Cesco

Cesco

AuthorMessage

sinanziric

104. Posted:

@Cesco clap clap clap that would be an excellent idea

Large groups of American Nintendo Fanboys requesting asylum in EU because they were abused by NoA

Nintendo Network ID: ziratul

AuthorMessage

Ganondwarf

105. Posted:

I didn't like the look of it but they maybe have been the effect if it being 2am in the morning and I was super tired! I looked when I got home from school and it does look fun and cool just not what I was expecting or really wanted.... but will the multiplayer be just friends around your house or actual connect to people around the world? thanks.

Ganondwarf

Nintendo Network ID: Forbsz

AuthorMessage

Big_L91

106. Posted:

after it sinking in abit i think this is exactly what i wanted. what it boils down to pure platforming with no gimmicks which is exactly what people liked about the galaxy games and the parts of sunshine without fludd.
it even goes back to the nes games for insperation which i think is vital for nintendo this gen. they have the best modern retro games in the industry and this looks to be the best they've done in this style so far.

marios always been about running, jumping and level design. now what 3d world does is takes all the filler out. this game is going to be amazing. end of.

i still wonder if there is going to be some sort of overworld linking the levels or if it will be just 1-1, 1-2 ect. 3d console marios have always had around 40 hours of gameplay to get everything. my only worry is this one being a little too short but im sure they wont disappoint.

@cesco yeah thats a really good idea and probably what they should have gone with

Edited on by Big_L91

put it on.

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

107. Posted:

The frog suit has just been confirmed to return.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Ganondwarf

108. Posted:

Indeed I have been pondering about the direct all day! They announced a massive just massive game in January Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem it's been 6 months they could of at least shown gameplay and I think they will in the next direct this week also they could shown Yarn Yoshi I do believe another direct will come also I've thought about it a lot and I don't think this is Nintendo's style and I've come to the conclusion and I've theorized getting a 3D Mario game this early can only mean one thing they are just making a quick one to old us over to the real massive one like galaxy 1 and 2 and sunshine comes out I honestly believe their is another 3D Mario in the works I also believe that is not the only Retro Studios game in development not that I didn't love the new Mario or another Donkey Kong but the games seem "Simpler" to make then a blockbuster game like Metroid or a true Mario game like Galaxy so even if you were disappointed I believe another 3D Mario is on it's way eventually that will be a massive blockbuster title and a massive game like Star-Fox or Metroid maybe a new IP is in development by Retro Studios and also why would Retro Studios hire people from Naughty Dog who have worked on series like uncharted and hire people with online experience who have worked on games like SOCOM to make a Donkey Kong game.

Edited on by Ganondwarf

Ganondwarf

Nintendo Network ID: Forbsz

AuthorMessage

WebHead

109. Posted:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/frog_suit_confirmed_...

Frog Suit is back!

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

110. Posted:

Well at least the music in the trailer; is jazzy. Thats all I got for what I like about this game so far. >:[

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

Nintendroid5000

111. Posted:

Online multiplayer is a must.

Nintendroid5000

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

112. Posted:

Nintendroid5000 wrote:

No, it's not. Though it would be nice.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

113. Posted:

Nintendroid5000 wrote:

Prepare to be disappointed then. I really don't see why everyone wants online multiplayer in a Mario game to begin with.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

WebHead

114. Posted:

Online multiplayer would be nice, but don't count on it.

I think the think a good analogy of this game would be NSMB Wii. Think of 3D World as being to 3D Land what NSMB Wii is to NSMB.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

AceTrainerAndy

115. Posted:

I was so disappointed when I saw this. I was praying for a Super Mario Sunshine sequel. Why couldn't they keep this on 3DS? I know exactly why. This is easy money folks. They already have almost all the models. All the engines are pretty much there, so all that is left is level design. Plain and simple. The multiplayer excuse is bull. They are turning into EA more, and more, everyday. First the YouTube thing and now this.

Nintendo id: AceTrainerAndy add me to play Black Ops2.
3DS FC: 1005-8521-5508

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

116. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

Nintendroid5000 wrote:

Prepare to be disappointed then. I really don't see why everyone wants online multiplayer in a Mario game to begin with.

...to play against other people online? Even if it's not something you want yourself, you don't see why someone would want it?

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

117. Posted:

@MetallicDonkey
I guess I just don't get it. I guess I could see why people would want it, but for me personally, i'd rather have a group of friends in the room. That's not to say i'm opposed to having online, I just don't see it happening.

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

118. Posted:

GamecubeLad wrote:

Well at least the music in the trailer; is jazzy.

The theme has been stuck in my head since I've watched the trailer the second time.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

119. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

@MetallicDonkey
I guess I just don't get it. I guess I could see why people would want it, but for me personally, i'd rather have a group of friends in the room. That's not to say i'm opposed to having online, I just don't see it happening.

Absolutely, having the people in the room is the better option. But there is value in having online multiplayer available. Try thinking about it from someone else's perspective.

I don't know your situation, but for me (a 30+ year old with a family), it's far easier to play games with my friends over the internet. It's almost impossible to get everyone together in one place at the same time, not to mention that many don't even live in the same state.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

120. Posted:

It just feels weird to me imagining a Mario platformer with online play. I suppose it could work well if it allowed you to play with people on your friends list. If it didn't have voice chat, I could see it being more frustrating than it would be worth though.

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.