Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,588

Octane

First Print Edition = Limited Edition in this case. It comes with the physical copy of Guard and a steelbook case.

Untitled

Octane

Andyliini

Looks good to me. I have never played a Star Fox game, but since I'm a huge fan of Platinum Games, I had to buy this game. Watching the footage from the Direct, now I really want to buy this game, it looks solid, even in motion.

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

jariw

In the Miyamoto interview by IGN, there was a mention at the end that there will be some kind of other amiibo support, in addition to the SNES look. This functionality will be announced later.

jariw

hirobo2

Ryno wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Super FX Chip Mode

Incredible, simply NINcredible. The best use of Amiibo yet (and will be very hard top) IMO. StarFox was my jam on the SNES when I was 11 ever since I first saw it in Nintendo Power. The kid (and adult)in me is really looking forward to this and my 3 year old son just wanted to watch StarFox Zero videos last night. I can't wait to play this with him.

Untitled

This is the only one and true starfighting Arwing, not that hybrid airplane fighter jet stuff in the later incarnations:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

Rumorlife

Octane wrote:

First Print Edition = Limited Edition in this case. It comes with the physical copy of Guard and a steelbook case.

Untitled

There's the thing. Thanks for posting that.

Rumorlife

OorWullie

Really can't wait for this,just the box art alone makes you want to play it.Even though I prefer buying digital,partly for convenience and partly due to where I live,that first print edition looks great and I'm seriously tempted to pay the extra and get it delivered to me.I can remember how excited I was when I got Lylat Wars in a big box with the rumble pack inside.Having Guard packaged along with it too,offering an entirely different experience but in the same universe is a great idea.

Like others,I did hope the delay would see online multi-player added but it wasn't to be.Hopefully this will sell enough to convince Nintendo to carry on with the series and add it next time.They really could do with having another big online multi-player game to add to Kart,Smash and Splatoon.Starfox seems like a perfect candidate to me!

Edited on by OorWullie

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

Dezzy

This game has definitely improved enough to win me over I think. Graphically it looks a bit better. Most of those complaints seem to be focused on the first level, which still looks like it was left over from a Wii game. Most of the other levels looks good though.
My main worry is that it'll be too short like SF64. I really don't like have to redo a level 4 times or whatever it was.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JoyBoy

^ For me it's the same. It went from "Meh, Looks boring" to "probably gonna get it". I don't mind if it's short, as long as the levels are a joy to replay.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

cookiex

Japanese intro sequence (including our first look at Andross).

More gameplay footage from the Japanese website. Of particular note is a level (at 0:52) where you protect the Great Fox.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

GerudoKing

@Grumblevolcano: Was that only in Europe? Because I did not know that existed. I stand corrected.

GerudoKing

marksball

I haven't played Star Fox since 64. I am unbelievable excited for this one. I am a little concerned about the controls, but I think there is some great potential for two player co-op. Imagine one person guiding the Arwing with a pro controller and another shooting on the game pad.

Imagine a ship with two cannons and each player can shoot! Or even, two screen multiplayer with player one on the game pad and player two on the tv and each player gets their own ship.

Has the control scheme been modified or is still a little wonky? If the majority of my dog fighting time is spent looking at the game pad then why bother with the TV?

Edited on by Eel

Mark Ball
Editor for Nintendo Love Affair
Check out our site in my bio!!!

Spoony_Tech

@Meowpheel Aww, I thought the other word was much funnier. For a second I though I stepped into a time warp and this was the Conkers topic!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jariw

marksball wrote:

Has the control scheme been modified or is still a little wonky? If the majority of my dog fighting time is spent looking at the game pad then why bother with the TV?

If you don't look at the TV, your ship will crash or fly the wrong direction. If you don't look at the Gamepad, you'll miss your targets. That's why this game is dependent on absolutely flawless level design to work. It's clearly a game where the player will get better with practice.

It seems that they haven't modified the control scheme, but they have added a couple of things that will make it easier for beginners, such as a training mode and auto-targeting. And it seems like they have added some more optional difficult levels through portals.

The control scheme is pretty similar to Affordable Space Adventure (except that Star Fox Zero uses gyro and ASA uses the touchscreen), or skilled Splatoon players who view the map while playing to track the action.

jariw

marksball

This looks amazing! I had only seen the Direct footage up till this point. I put my money down for a pre-order! I can't wait. I think the controls will be tricky, but worth the time put in to master them.

Mark Ball
Editor for Nintendo Love Affair
Check out our site in my bio!!!

Dezzy

Nintendo have a great ability of incrementally improving things as they develop them.

I think Mario 3D World, Mario Maker, and now Starfox all looked very mediocre when first shown. Then all then looked slightly better in each successive trailer.

I'm very pleased with how much "all-range mode" we've seen so far in this game. I much prefer those parts of the game.

VelvetElvis

Dezzy wrote:

Nintendo have a great ability of incrementally improving things as they develop them.

I think Mario 3D World, Mario Maker, and now Starfox all looked very mediocre when first shown. Then all then looked slightly better in each successive trailer.

I agree. It's also a nice contrast to games that end up looking noticeably worse than their initial reveals, which seems to have become something of an unfortunate industry standard.

Right now, my only reservation about Star Fox Zero is how aiming and piloting will ultimately jell in all-range mode, as well as how the ancillary missions (little gyrocopter thing, etc.) will affect the pace of the game. Straying from its shooter foundations has always been the series' weak point, so I hope we don't end up — once again — wishing this one had just been an on-rails shooter. That said, I think the on-rails levels look fabulous — they've nailed the style, and I'm extremely pumped about the gyro aiming paired with analog movement for those straightforward segments. Anyone who plays Splatoon knows that this controls scheme is ace.

VelvetElvis

Dezzy

VelvetElvis wrote:

I agree. It's also a nice contrast to games that end up looking noticeably worse than their initial reveals, which seems to have become something of an unfortunate industry standard.

Lol, when does that happen?
Or do you mean the various graphical downgrades?

DefHalan

Dezzy wrote:

VelvetElvis wrote:

Lol, when does that happen?
Or do you mean the various graphical downgrades?

Watch_Dogs
The Witcher
Metal Gear Solid
Basically any AAA game that is shown a year before it is released.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.