Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,588

jump

jariw wrote:

Platinum is the company that also worked on the StarFox GUARD development.

http://nintendoeverything.com/platinumgames-reconfirmed-to-be...

They said that at E3 last year when it was called Project Guard.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Ryno

NintyMan wrote:

Super FX Chip Mode

Incredible, simply NINcredible. The best use of Amiibo yet (and will be very hard top) IMO. StarFox was my jam on the SNES when I was 11 ever since I first saw it in Nintendo Power. The kid (and adult)in me is really looking forward to this and my 3 year old son just wanted to watch StarFox Zero videos last night. I can't wait to play this with him.

Untitled

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

jariw

Ryno wrote:

I can't wait to play this with him.

It seems like the Star Fox Zero control scheme will be great for co-op. Just as Affordable Space Adventure co-op, but with less requirement to really synch the co-op.

jariw

Ryno

jariw wrote:

It seems like the Star Fox Zero control scheme will be great for co-op. Just as Affordable Space Adventure co-op, but with less requirement to really synch the co-op.

Yeah, I like the idea on how this co-op is set up. I know playing with my son at hisage we wont get far but I assume we will still have lots of fun together. I can drive and try to avoid things while he tries to shoot things.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Grumblevolcano

The Direct absolutely sold me on SF0, already had it preordered but will upgrade to First Print Edition. Hopefully I won't miss that this time, glares at Bayonetta 1+2 First Print Edition.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Rumorlife

@Grumblevolcano: wait, so if you preordered it, why wouldn't you get the "first print" anyway? Or are they doing the SF + Project Guard as a separate bundle from just the standalone Starfox game? I must have misunderstood how they're putting it out if that's the case.

The co-op is really cool, but it also reminds me of Mario Kart Double Dash. You're on the back controlling the items, you're at the mercy of whoever is driving as well. Although this seems like more fun than that was.

Rumorlife

veeflames

@Dankykong: Coop is cool, but I wish there was online multiplayer. How cool would it be to engage in 8-player dogfight and fine tune your vehicles for maximum performance?
Still getting the game (hopefully day one) but the lack of online is really disappointing.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Grumblevolcano

@Dankykong: Preorders for first print edition don't exist yet as it was announced only yesterday. I preordered SF0 last June as I totally thought it was going to release in November.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GerudoKing

@Grumblevolcano: doesn't first print just mean... first print? So, if you get it day one, or at least from the initial shipments, it's going to be a first print, right? It's not like there's a special "First Print Edition".

GerudoKing

Ryno

@Vee_Flames: Your idea for multiplayer sounds awesome though this game is rushed just to get it to where it is.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Grumblevolcano

@GerudoKing: No, it's a completely separate edition. Remember back to Bayonetta 1+2 in 2014, a First Print Edition was announced that contained both games in a special Bayonetta themed box. Preorders for that edition sold out in a very short space of time, think it was less than a day if I recall correctly.

Grumblevolcano

Rumorlife

@Grumblevolcano: But won't all the StarFox games sold on Day 1 be first print anyway? Preordering it 9 months ago doesn't mean you're going to get a reprint unless you ordered it to show up weeks after the launch date.

@Vee_Flames: ugh I agree. This is one of the best games to utilize online. The rounds are short enough you don't have to be paranoid about disconnections too much and it's already set up for co op. I was bummed SF64-3D didn't have online for the dog fight mini game. It was kind of hard to play with 2 players, me and my friend would have a hard time finding each other sometimes.

Rumorlife

Grumblevolcano

@Dankykong: Don't think so, at least that was the case with Bayonetta 1+2. The First Print Edition for that was very rare.

Grumblevolcano

GerudoKing

@Grumblevolcano: My Bayonetta 2 has the first one and didn't come in any special box. Just a label that says it included the first game. I believe it will be the same for Star Fox. If you've already pre-ordered, you're going to get a first print game.

GerudoKing

jariw

Ryno wrote:

@Vee_Flames: Your idea for multiplayer sounds awesome though this game is rushed just to get it to where it is.

I agree. Online would be great, but I'm also happy they redesigned it to a non-linear game during these past months.

jariw

Rumorlife

@Grumblevolcano: Do you mean the Special Edition? Or just any old Day 1 Bayonetta 1+2? The 1+2 game was around for some time...?
For some reason the way they presented it in the video made it seem like "and for like the first month we're going to put Pro. Guard in the game as well, then after that you have to buy it separate", same for digital version on Day 1.

Rumorlife

Grumblevolcano

Oh yeah, I forgot. The First Print Edition for Bayonetta 1+2 was EU exclusive. This is what I'm talking about:

Grumblevolcano

jariw

@Grumblevolcano: But the First Print Edition was a Collector's Edition. I got the standard 1+2 set for EU.

jariw

Grumblevolcano

@jariw: So is the one for Star Fox Zero + Star Fox Guard, the giveaway that it isn't a standard edition is the steelbook case.

Grumblevolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.