Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 801 to 820 of 1,588

Octane

It's just one retailer.. More than likely just a placeholder date, like ThomasBW84 already said.

Octane

Blast

@Whitewatermoose: Hey!!!! It's been a while!!! You're one of my favorite people here. What's wrong? Do you need my help? In an argument? I'll take your side!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Dezzy

Blast wrote:

@Whitewatermoose: Hey!!!! It's been a while!!! You're one of my favorite people here. What's wrong? Do you need my help? In an argument? I'll take your side!

Hmmmmmm

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blast

Dezzy wrote:

Blast wrote:

Hmmmmmm

You're one of my favorites too. Relax

Master of the Hype Train

Dezzy

Blast wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Blast wrote:

Hmmmmmm

You're one of my favorites too. Relax

Are you an anime character by any chance?

jariw

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I'm all good, but thanks though. Yeah, I haven't really been following game stuff lately. But I did recently check back in to see if there was any NX news.

Star Fox Zero was designed as a project specifically to use the dual screens. This game would make no sense to port directly to NX, unless the NX is similar in hardware, for which there are no evidences. Kimishima yesterday restated that the NX will be driven by new ideas and a totally new way to play games, not be based on old ideas. (He also said that details for NX would be revealed during 2016, but there were no claims that the release will be in 2016. He expects the Nintendo profits to be driven by smartphone games, and he was pretty clear about the mobile future of Nintendo this year.)

jariw

Grumblevolcano

@jariw: If this becomes reality then I think Nintendo's made a wise decision, let the profits come from mobile while making sure Wii U owners are happy with plenty of Wii U games this year.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Monkey_Balls

@ThomasBW84 Amazon UK have also changed their listing. It used to say 22nd April but now has no date - also they sent me an email about my pre-order to say they don't have a delivery date any more. The official Star Fox site still lists the 22nd April for US and Canada.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

jariw

Monkey_Balls wrote:

@ThomasBW84 Amazon UK have also changed their listing. It used to say 22nd April but now has no date - also they sent me an email about my pre-order to say they don't have a delivery date any more. The official Star Fox site still lists the 22nd April for US and Canada.

It might be a NoA vs. NoE thing? NoE might want to move the release date, since it would collide too much with Pokken and TP:HD. NoA refuses to release main titles during the summer. (This reasoning assumes that the late May release window is dedicated to something else.)

But FWIW, Nintendo UK still lists April 2016.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Grumblevolcano

@Monkey_Balls: Pretty sure EU always had a generic April release rather than a specific date. Did 22nd April for NA come from the November Direct or elsewhere? I know the EU Direct only said April.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Monkey_Balls

@Grumblevolcano Yes, the US release date was announced in the November Direct. And you're right, the EU release date has always been a vague "April", however Amazon UK are usually on the ball. They had it listed as the 22nd until recently (they sent me the email 11th January) so I'm wondering if they have heard anything rather than simply making a mistake. Is it coincidence that the other retailer also changed its release date at the same time?

@jariw I forgot to check the Nintendo UK site so thanks for pointing it out. Although what you mentioned about NoA versus NoE is interesting.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

cookiex

jariw wrote:

(He also said that details for NX would be revealed during 2016, but there were no claims that the release will be in 2016. He expects the Nintendo profits to be driven by smartphone games, and he was pretty clear about the mobile future of Nintendo this year.)

Tbf I don't think they'd expect NX to drive profits if the system did launch this year considering no console this generation was sold at a profit during initial release. The smartphone revenue could very well be their safeguard so that an NX launch wouldn't negatively impact their profit projections.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Aozz101x

@NintyMan: ah! beat me too.
kinda curious about the amiibo for Star Fox Zero, and the game itself.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@NintyMan: The question with release date was never about NA but rather EU. A potential reverse Woolly World situation is still entirely possible where NA get it in April while EU get it in July.

Grumblevolcano

DefHalan

I wonder if scanning an amiibo will unlock a special kind of missile in a level or if it will unlock special challenges for single-player. (I am assuming some type of multiplayer has been added since the delay)

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

bluemage1989

Love that my amiibo will be getting more use

bluemage1989

Blast

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Do you think the delay was enough time to at least incorporate 2 player local co op and versus?

Yes, sir

Master of the Hype Train

bro2dragons

@Blast: Co-op in this game is really all I want out of the world. Probably the closest we'll ever get to a Millennium Falcon simulator where I can man the guns as Han and my wife flies the ship as Chewie. I always had fun co-oping Warthogs in Halo, but this could take that to a whole new level and I'm really excited about the possibility.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

Dezzy

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Do you think the delay was enough time to at least incorporate 2 player local co op and versus?

It was certainly long enough to! Doesn't mean they have though.

bro2dragons wrote:

@Blast: Co-op in this game is really all I want out of the world. Probably the closest we'll ever get to a Millennium Falcon simulator where I can man the guns as Han and my wife flies the ship as Chewie. I always had fun co-oping Warthogs in Halo, but this could take that to a whole new level and I'm really excited about the possibility.

I like that you went with Chewie rather than Leia for your wife.

Edited on by Dezzy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.