Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 781 to 800 of 1,588

veeflames

GameSpot published a feature article on Star Fox Zero today: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/breaking-limits-with-star-fo...
It's mostly stuff we already know, but it's interesting to read that the development of Bayonetta 2 gradually made the Platinum-Nintendo collaboration on Star Fox Zero possible.
Can't wait for this game.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

kkslider5552000

to be honest, that doesn't surprise me too much that a highly praised game with Star Fox references on Wii U lead to them working on the Wii U Star Fox game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

hirobo2

@Vee_Flames: StarFox easter egg in Bayo2 was a proof of concept to show Nintendo these guys can properly handle game presentation. I mean you look at StarFox Assault by Namco, it's just an awful mess of pretty graphics on the screen. It takes more than pretty graphics to sell a game, like for example the contrast between shootable objects and the background, which the Platinum guys did extremely well...

hirobo2

Aozz101x

@jijifox: i can't think of a reason for the game too. other then adding multplayer, but thats all i can think of.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

IceClimbers

@jijifox: I could see it. I'd be okay with it too. The game needs as much polish as possible, and April is a clogged month in general as it is for multi-console owners (Quantum Break, Dark Souls III, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted 4). July has nothing that I can think of off the top of my head.

Ratchet & Clank will have a hard time as it is, and it's betting on the movie being a hit and the $40 price tag to sell the game.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

jijifox

@IceClimbers: Just checked and right now july doesnt have any big games set for release in that month.

jijifox

Nintendo Network ID: martinstoikov

jariw

Whitewatermoose wrote:

The rumor is it is being delayed to balance out Wii U release schedule and possibly a port for NX at or around launch.

I'm all for porting as many Wii U games to NX as possible. So I hope that is the case. That other discussion site has a discussion ongoing currently regarding the delay.

It's also rumored to be delayed further to be ported to the NX successor.

jariw

veeflames

Eh, I'll wait for Nintendo to confirm this.
But I really hope it isn't delayed for a second time now. All I just want is a good online mode, decent amiibo support, and maybe some polishing.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

IceClimbers

Watch it not be delayed, and it just be a reverse Yoshi's Woolly World.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@Whitewatermoose: No it wouldn't because it would give less reason to get NX because of Nintendo deciding to abandon it in another 3/4 years.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Shinion

@Whitewatermoose: my dad who's monkey's uncle's name is Charlie Bravo Alpha Beta Gamma knows someone who works for Nintendo that says that that sentence was the second most bizarre thing I've ever read on Nintendo Life. The first obviously being that sentence I typed above. So the Nintendoomed speculation train has stopped at the 'Nintendo games on PS5' now? When will it end!?

Shinion

jariw

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Wii U is a sinking ship.

It's actually very likely the Wii U might actually sell more during this fiscal year than during the last. If something would sink, it must first go down. "Floating" is a more appropriate term.

Whitewatermoose wrote:

***this means we are all assume NX is not backwards compatible with Wii U***

You also assume that:
1. NX releases Holiday 2016. (Fact 1: we have no release date)
2. NX isn't delayed (Fact 2: mobile development recently got a considerable delay and now you talk about a delayed Star Fox)
3. It's an easy thing to port a Wii U game to NX

Whitewatermoose wrote:

If it was me I would wait for official Nintendo confirmation. But releasing Twilight Princess HD, star fox zero, and Pokken in 3 consecutive months seems unlikely to me. Nintendo has not done that in Wii U's lifespan.

Is Pokken a Nintendo-published product?

NoA released Devil's Third, Mario Tennis, Amiibo party, Xenoblade X, Yoshi's Woolly World within a 3 months span.

NoE released Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, Splatoon, Yoshi's Woolly World within a 2 months span.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Grumblevolcano

@Whitewatermoose: The logic of "why buy for NX when it'll obviously be on the NX successor?"

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Shinion

So about those graphics...

...Tumbleweed blows across...

Oh so now finally there's something other than the graphics being discussed here! Hooray!

Shinion

cookiex

I hope it isn't delayed again. That would be ridicolous.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Grumblevolcano

@Whitewatermoose: HD remasters for GC games would also decrease the drought, they've barely scraped the surface and it's the only home console not supported by Wii U. Have Paper Mario and FE bundles containing the N64/GC and GC/Wii games respectively. Let the fans know they care about F-Zero with a GX remaster, Eternal Darkness HD for those who think Nintendo is too kiddy, etc.

Grumblevolcano

ThomasBW84

Last I checked this rumour was based off one listing of a smaller retailer, and bear in mind a European date has never been confirmed. So some EU retailers have placeholders like December 31st etc. In other words, I think this is worth ignoring until US retailers join in or Nintendo confirms something.

ThomasBW84

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3469-6599 | Nintendo Network ID: ThomasBW84 | Twitter:

Megas75

ThomasBW84 wrote:

Last I checked this rumour was based off one listing of a smaller retailer, and bear in mind a European date has never been confirmed. So some EU retailers have placeholders like December 31st etc. In other words, I think this is worth ignoring until US retailers join in or Nintendo confirms something.

Pretty much this. Not gonna buy this until Nintendo themselves actually comes out and says something

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.