Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,588

Dezzy

@NintyMan

Thanks, that's interesting. Some of those changes are quite good. Although that guy has no idea what the word "dynamic" means. He seemed to use it to just mean "brighter" or more lighting variation.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

Looks indeed better than what we saw at E3. Corneria looked more ''alive'', and not as one-dimensional as before. Gameplay wise, I think this trailer was also better. I'm looking forward to April!

Octane

Socar

@NintyMan: The trailer itself showed me that it significantly got improved.

After this, I still don't understand why many think that the game looks awful.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

LzWinky

I have no interest in Star Fox, but this presentation definitely looked a lot better than the e3 trailer.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

hirobo2

My gripes with the new SFZero trailer:

1. What's up with the smart bomb, where is the effects? I didn't see it going off. All I saw was a bunch of enemy ships burnt up.

2. Snow level looked like it was designed by a 5 y/o. Seriously a bunch of bumps with a white texture makes a level?

hirobo2

hirobo2

arronishere wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

arronishere wrote:

With all the talk of vehicles in the trailer I was hoping they were gonna have the sub in the game too.

What would the Sub's transformation be?

Quit making fun of the chicken. It was done to compete with Star Wars. The walker in Star Wars: Battlefront is commonly referred to as the "chicken walker".
Hmm...how about a turkey since they already have the Airwing turn into a chicken.

hirobo2

hirobo2

cookiex wrote:

I really don't want to start the whole Star Wars debate again but the snow level does look very reminiscent of the Hoth stage in Shadows of the Empire, even the way the Gravmaster resembles the T-47.

You just did. Anyways, Hashimoto said it's possible Krystal will return for a sequel. Why? B/c THe FOrCE AWAKENS has A FRIGGEN FEMALE WARRIOR PROTAGONIST!

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

hirobo2

Btw, what's up with the new octagonal crosshair? What does inidicate when the crosshair switches from the classical square?

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

hirobo2

Octane wrote:

Untitled

I'm very perplexed by this game. From what I see here, SFZ looks to be a serious game meant for teen gamers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoOhlqbSsts

Then, you have levels like the snow field (a bunch of bumps in the ground) that could only bewitch little toddlers, nothing like tha seriousness in the above vid. Very perplexing game this SFZero!

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

Araquanid

@hirobo2 Is this multipost Monday?

Oh wait it's saturday... Gotta get the dates right man.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

cookiex

hirobo2 wrote:

You just did. Anyways, Hashimoto said it's possible Krystal will return for a sequel. Why? B/c THe FOrCE AWAKENS has A FRIGGEN FEMALE WARRIOR PROTAGONIST!

Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

kkslider5552000

cookiex wrote:

hirobo2 wrote:

Untitled

too nice

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

hirobo2

too nice... graphics improvements to StarFox Zero! Rewatched the (gameplay) trailers in HD. Here's wut I have to say now:

1. Sexy lookin hit count font.
2. That scene of Falco getting chased by two ship is a knock off of the X-wing engaging Tie Fighters above a lake in Ep VII. But, damn, those enemy ships chasing Falco look cuter tha any Tie Fighter.
3. I like alot of the neon-colored werdly shape ships. the last I'd seen anything so creative was in SF SNES (not sarcasm, it'd true, SF SNES [+SF2] had the best model designs in the etire franchise thx to Tsuyoshi Watanabe the designer. It was him that created the X-shaped Wolfens that we see today).
4. I hope they could improve the Walker areas a bit, they look like the most uninspired [aka boring] parts of the game. The Gravmaster looks to be a lot more fun than morphing the Arwing into walker mode.
5. Teh search lights still need a lot of work. They don't look like rays of light bouncing off dust particles, but translucent textured tubes.

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

Yoshi

Two slightly new gameplay videos have showed up on the Japanese website. Unfortunately, the videos are not at 60 fps.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

hirobo2

How not to do a space shooter:

This thing looks so intimidating (ie. confusing) to new comers. Aren't you guys glad SFZero doesn't look anything like that?

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

Octane

@hirobo2: It's a bullet hell shooter, nothing alike Star Fox...

Octane

hirobo2

Octane wrote:

@hirobo2: It's a bullet hell shooter, nothing alike Star Fox...

Nope. StarFox Assault looked exactly like that: an on screen jumbled mess of pretty colors, which was why it sold poorly as it also looked intimidating to new comers:

hirobo2

Megas75

It's...still nothing like Starfox Zero. They're both completely different genres. The only things they have in common is that they're both auto scrollers and they have ships

Edited on by Megas75

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

Octane

@hirobo2: Still isn't a bullet hell shooter... It's all background and you can only interact with a limited amount of objects.

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.