Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 621 to 640 of 1,588

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Blast wrote:

People who aren't genuinely excited for Star Fox Zero... Get out.
People who wanna keep trashing the delay even though that means the game will ultimately be better... Get out.

yeah, keep the echo chamber of the same opinion going. No criticism allowed. No other opinions allowed.

Critical thinking?

...Get out.

You know who else had opinions?

Hitler.

sigh It was a bloody joke.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

UGXwolf

You know something I just thought of that has nothing to do with Star Fox, but is still kinda relevant thanks to Hirobu's comment? What if Disney approached Platinum games for a Star Wars game?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Peek-a-boo

@UGXwolf: Funnily enough, I said all along that I think the visuals are fine, if simplistic. It's just that the game doesn't look particularly fun or inspiring, whether I watch the E3 footage or recent off-screen gameplay videos.

All I want - and really hope for - is for Star Fox Zero to be as good (and as exciting) as Lylat Wars/Star Fox 64 was back in the day. I am one of the few in this thread that doesn't seem to be overly fussed about the ho-hum visuals; just that I am a little bit concerned about the 'fun' aspect of things. It looks pretty slow, slightly joyless and cumbersome at present, in my opinion.

I would very much like to prove wrong, as much as the next person!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

hirobo2

arronishere wrote:

hirobo2 wrote:

My last Nintendo console was the SNES. I am considering buying the Wii U only b/c of StarFox Zero. This is the only game that could push me to get a new Nintendo console after I've enjoyed playing StarFox SNES so much!

When I heard that SFZ was to be an X-mas 2015 title, I felt a little let down/cheated. It seemed to me they wanted to get a new SF game on the market just to ride in on the wave of Star Wars Episode VII. It felt like it would exist as a cheapened (rushed) game as a result.

Now that SFZ is pushed back to Q1 2016, I have much more respect for this game. I don't want Nintendo to make a new SF game just b/c they're making new Star Wars movies and anything parodying them would likely find commercial success. I can only have a higher regard for SFZ now that it's not even released within the time frame of The Force Awakens!

If SFZ gets a May release, I will praise it even more. This would send out the message that SFZ belongs in the same league as the likes of Splatoon (also May release) since StarFox is truly the only Nintendo franchise I cherish (I couldn't care less about Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.).

I don't understand how it's a franchise yoy cherish when (if you truly have only ever owned a snes and no other Ninty consoles) it would mean you've only ever owned one game from it and not picked up one of the many sequels on other consoles.

Well, what I meant was just as SMB 1 (NES) was "the franchise" (ie. started it), I consider SNES StarFox "the franchise" game. Don't mean to offend anyone, but IMHO all the SF sequels later on sucked. SF2 (SNES), they didn't want to release that game b/c it was an inferior product (the sound FX and gameplay in walker mode was just horrible). SF64, it was no longer about parodying an X-wing starfighter but about setting off the rumble pack in as many ways as possible, so the gameplay and design suffered horribly for it — gameplay was secondary to selling rumbling controls.

Now, call me a heretic, but most ppl who played SF64 never played the SNES version. So, they think SF64 was the best thing next to sliced bread. But, when you've actually spent sometime on SNES BEFORE going on to the SF64, you see diminished quality: Cut scenes were bland compared to the SNES. Whoever directed SF 1.0 really loved Arwings and it showed on the screen, SF64 not so much. Also enemy/boss and level designs, although they had higher polygon counts and had actual textures, they weren't as well done/thought out as the SNES. Levels in the SNES were also more kickass than the N64! All of this b/c again they weren't actually making a starfighting game, but more like a tech demonstration for the rumble pack.

Assault/Command/etc. I'm pretty sure you've read the horrible reviews by now. SFZ looked like I could redeem SF(SNES). There's no longer the rumble pack gimmick, so it looks they're emphasizing gameplay mechanics instead. IMHO the cockpit view is a more natural "gimmick" towards the franchise than the rumble pack ever was.

And lastly, whoever might potentially be ridiculing this comment might take a look at this, (yup NOT a remake of SF64, but the original SNES), that was how much the original SF was cherished by me and tonnes of other ppl out there --- you don't see one for SF64 b/c it wasn't loved as much by the gamers who actually started gaming the franchise from ground zero):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XAJEDJJ_Bo

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

Socar

@UGXwolf: Free advertisement my dead body! A professional company like Nintendo doesn't need free advertisement like youtube to make profit. Infact, tell me one game that required Youtubers to post videos to advertise it. They already have people to do that so why would you or anyone of them claim that they are part of this. If you're not making profit over something but you want to express your opinions about it, then yes, you have every right to do so infact, Nintendo allows you to do so. But making money out of something you don't have access to and yet never made it in the first place is not the way to do it.

Also, like everyone else, you seem to think that Nintendo is the only one against youtube. Have you observed other companies that are also against this like....Capcom for instance?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

NintendoFan64

@hirobo2 A) If you only owned the SNES, then you couldn't possibly have been able to play the later games, and therefore you can't really say anything about them. B) Wait, weren't you the guy who thought that the title was a reference to the bombing of Pearl Harbor?

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

hirobo2

@NintendoFan64: See above post. And yeah, I did think Zero was a reference to Mitsubishi Zero. But everyone has a "bad hair day" online...

hirobo2

NintendoFan64

@hirobo2: That post above you wasn't even there when I posted my post.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

hirobo2

SFZ isn't a sequel, nor a prequel, but sort of exists alongside the originals. As such, it makes more sense to release it leading up to Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, than the main trilogy Episode VII: The Force Awakens!

I think when Nintendo originally planned an X-mas 2015 release, not a whole lot was known about the Star Wars spin-off movies. So, they felt like playing it safe by shadowing Episode VII's footsteps. Now that Rogue One is shaping to be potentially as kick-ass as the main trilogy, someone on the Nintendo board decided SFZ would be better a better match for Rogue One's release schedule (which is next May). I think Star Wars is having a much bigger effect on this game, which is its closest spiritual and intellectual parody than anyone could ever imagine!

(P.S.: I think it's very possible StarFox NX, the true sequel to SF/64/Assault/Command/w/e will be made and released concurently with Episode IX b/c SFZ only exists in a parallel, spin-off universe, according to Miyamoto)

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

Sparx

I've been wondering, is it possible to play the stages in whatever form you want? Like run around corneria as a chicken ship blowing up enemies sounds too ridiculous for me to pass up

My avatar is from here

yokokazuo

@Sparx I think it may only work in all range mode since that is the only time I've seen it used, but I could be wrong. Someone even used it in the space area with Pigma, but they just slowly fell (so it wasn't really useful)

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

DefHalan

You can transform at any time. However there are times where the other form may not be used at which point you will automatically transform back.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Octane

hirobo2 wrote:

SFZ isn't a sequel, nor a prequel, but sort of exists alongside the originals. As such, it makes more sense to release it leading up to Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, than the main trilogy Episode VII: The Force Awakens!

I think when Nintendo originally planned an X-mas 2015 release, not a whole lot was known about the Star Wars spin-off movies. So, they felt like playing it safe by shadowing Episode VII's footsteps. Now that Rogue One is shaping to be potentially as kick-ass as the main trilogy, someone on the Nintendo board decided SFZ would be better a better match for Rogue One's release schedule (which is next May). I think Star Wars is having a much bigger effect on this game, which is its closest spiritual and intellectual parody than anyone could ever imagine!

(P.S.: I think it's very possible StarFox NX, the true sequel to SF/64/Assault/Command/w/e will be made and released concurently with Episode IX b/c SFZ only exists in a parallel, spin-off universe, according to Miyamoto)

I don't think Nintendo cares at all when the Star Wars movies get released. Also, Star Fox Zero is set for Q1, not May.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

hirobo2

Octane wrote:

hirobo2 wrote:

I don't think Nintendo cares at all when the Star Wars movies get released. Also, Star Fox Zero is set for Q1, not May.

It's bad business to ignore the biggest franchise in movie history when you're the one parodying it. Nevermind the Nintendo NX, which is supposed to be a mid-gen console. But, could you imagine if in a few years, there are PS5 and XB2, and Nintendo just sat on their butt and did nothing --- no new console? Now take that logic and apply it to the biggest movie FRANCHISE in history.

It's also bad business to be seen wearing a pink shoe on the left foot (Nintendo's Star Fox's spin-off game, ie. SFZ) when the right foot (Disney's core franchise that is the sequel trilogy not the spinoff movies) wears a blue shoe. Everything must match and be harmonious. SFZ isn't a sequel/prequel, therefore it does not suit Episode VII, but rather Rogue One!

And btw, SFZ was supposed to release this November (or was it October?). That's like a month away from Episode VII. SFZ releasing late Q1 will be weeks away from Rogue One's release just the same! The gameplan has always been to get ppl talking about SFZ while the hype for Star Wars is still hot before they've seen the movie(s)!

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

hirobo2

Sparx wrote:

I've been wondering, is it possible to play the stages in whatever form you want? Like run around corneria as a chicken ship blowing up enemies sounds too ridiculous for me to pass up

So long as it's physically impractical (ie. running around in Walker mode on top of water or empty space), I don't see why not...

hirobo2

jump

hirobo2 wrote:

Octane wrote:

hirobo2 wrote:

It's bad business to ignore the biggest franchise in movie history when you're the one parodying it. Nevermind the Nintendo NX, which is supposed to be a mid-gen console. But, could you imagine if in a few years, there are PS5 and XB2, and Nintendo just sat on their butt and did nothing --- no new console? Now take that logic and apply it to the biggest movie FRANCHISE in history.

It's also bad business to be seen wearing a pink shoe on the left foot (Nintendo's Star Fox's spin-off game, ie. SFZ) when the right foot (Disney's core franchise that is the sequel trilogy not the spinoff movies) wears a blue shoe. Everything must match and be harmonious. SFZ isn't a sequel/prequel, therefore it does not suit Episode VII, but rather Rogue One!

And btw, SFZ was supposed to release this November (or was it October?). That's like a month away from Episode VII. SFZ releasing late Q1 will be weeks away from Rogue One's release just the same! The gameplan has always been to get ppl talking about SFZ while the hype for Star Wars is still hot before they've seen the movie(s)!

Did Ninty bother to do anything for the last batch of Star Wars films?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

@hirobo2: I don't know if anyone thinks of Star Fox when they hear ''Star Wars''. Star Fox always gave me more of a Thunderbird impression. If anyone is interested in a Star Wars game they are going to play Star Wars Battlefront, not Star Fox. Outside of the Nintendo fanbase, I doubt many people even know what Star Fox is. And I especially don't think that people will be thinking ''hmm, Rogue One is a spin-off, just like Star Fox Zero[?], let's buy a Wii U and get that game.'' Honestly, you're the first person that I know of who has correlated Star Fox with Star Wars to such extreme extent. Besides, Zero isn't a spin-off, it's just another entry in the series. Adventures (or Assault to an extent) is the only game that arguably might be classified as a ''spin-off''.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

SuperWiiU

Octane wrote:

@hirobo2: I don't know if anyone thinks of Star Fox when they hear ''Star Wars''. Star Fox always gave me more of a Thunderbird impression.

Wuuuuuut? Star Fox is about space/flight battles, like those featured in the Star Wars movies. Thunderbirds is about rescuing people, not high octane battles. The biggest thing they have in common is that they used puppets for the Star Fox characters at E3.

Octane

SuperWiiU wrote:

Octane wrote:

@hirobo2: I don't know if anyone thinks of Star Fox when they hear ''Star Wars''. Star Fox always gave me more of a Thunderbird impression.

Wuuuuuut? Star Fox is about space/flight battles, like those featured in the Star Wars movies. Thunderbirds is about rescuing people, not high octane battles. The biggest thing they have in common is that they used puppets for the Star Fox characters at E3.

Perhaps I should've used the word ''vibe''. There's plenty of other space shooters, and none of them make me really think ''Star Wars''. After all, space battles are only a small part of Star Wars. Nevertheless my point still stands, Star Fox isn't going to sell more copies because its release date is closer to Rogue One instead of Episode VII. I still think that's a completely illogical thought.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.