Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 61 to 80 of 1,660

Jaz007

Sweet, I'll need to know more before I know if I'm gonna get the game though. Just being Star Fox doesn't have me sold.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

Ganondwarf

I swear people just hype star fox it wasn't even that good I hope it is an adventure game sure the flying aspect is cool but I want a story line as well.

Ganondwarf

Nintendo Network ID: Forbsz

SCRAPPER392

@spuratis
I kind of agree with the Robot one, but I haven't seen the tower defense game. I forgot to check it out...

Anyway, using the Gamepad doesn't seem like it would be that differnt than what they already did wit h Starfox 64 3D. If anything it would be easier than what they did with Starfox 64 3D. I'm sure they'll figure something out. He said you use the TV to see where your ship is, then you have the opyion to look at the GamePad for other commands and a 1st person view.

We don't even know what other gameplay elements and how the levels will be setup, so it's pretty early to judge what they're working on.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Dreamz

Kodeen wrote:

So then the request is that the game have a "don't make heavy use of the gamepad's compenents" mode.

Ignoring the gamepad's strengths this late in the game would be a massive error in judgement, IMO. Far, far worse than Microsoft's ditching of the kinect.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

NinChocolate

Star Fox will hopefully coincide with Star Wars mega hype next year as a bit of marketing genius

NinChocolate

DefHalan

Ganondwarf wrote:

I swear people just hype star fox it wasn't even that good I hope it is an adventure game sure the flying aspect is cool but I want a story line as well.

Sorry but you are wrong. Star Fox is the greatest Video Game Series EVER

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

Ganondwarf wrote:

I swear people just hype star fox it wasn't even that good I hope it is an adventure game sure the flying aspect is cool but I want a story line as well.

Dude, the story is just as good as any other game in its genre(pretty much), and Starfox isn't even usually part of the adventure genre to begin with. Tell me what game or game genre you like, and I'll tell you whether I think it's hyped and/or overrated.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

UTXGamer

All 3 of Miyamoto's games seem more like eShop releases than full-fledged retail games, but I guess they are still at least a year away so a lot can change, the defense and the robot game both definitely seem more like eShop releases.

I do think we will see these games follow the new pricing model Iwata talked about a couple of months ago.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AgentCarmichael

Nintendo Network ID: AgentCarmichael

Dreamz

UTXGamer wrote:

I do think we will see these games follow the new pricing model Iwata talked about a couple of months ago.

They could really push sales that way. Imagine being able to purchase both Splatoon and Captain Toad for the price of a single game. Or having the games start at $25 and then drop down to $15 after 3-6 months.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

jariw

UTXGamer wrote:

All 3 of Miyamoto's games seem more like eShop releases than full-fledged retail games, but I guess they are still at least a year away so a lot can change, the defense and the robot game both definitely seem more like eShop releases.

I do think we will see these games follow the new pricing model Iwata talked about a couple of months ago.

The 2 Miyamoto projects other than Starfox are early concepts. I'd expect they will turn into something completely different in the end, or even be merged into other games. I think the current state of the robot game would make much more sense to the Japanese audience than to the western audience, since it's basically sumo wrestling with robots.

jariw

Socar

What is wrong with you guys?!?!? Why are you worried about the game being good or not? This is under Miyamoto and he's the soul of Star Fox!!!!!!!!! Its not going to be made by Team Ninja or any other devs who aren't good in handling Nintendo IP's (well most of them).

Personally, I wonder if this is another port of Star Fox 64...because if you see falco, he looks exactly like how he does in 64 3D. But seriously though........

1.Why are you complaining about controls?

2.Why are you starting to worry about the game?

3.Why do you want this game to flop?

Why? Why? WHY?!?!?!?!?!?! ITS STAR FOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AREN'T YOU GUYS HAPPY ABOUT IT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

We'd be happy if we knew and seen more. Controlling a game makes up 50% of it and can mess it up. Just look at Kid Icarus, some didn't mind the controls and others hated them. Also just because a games announced doesn't mean it automatically gets a pass, I thank Other M for that one!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Jazzer94

Should be good unless they make it like Command.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Jaz007

@Artwark I'm happy about it, but not ready to give $60 for it yet. A lot of Nintendo games aren't my cup of tea, so I need to know more. I'm not hoping for it to fail or anything, I'm just not sold yet.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

Bigtime

So, ignoring the magazine, where was Starfox announced in terms of E3? Obviously it was teased, but where was it official unvailed?

Bigtime

3DS Friend Code: 1203-9892-7345 | Nintendo Network ID: martinf

jariw

Bigtime wrote:

So, ignoring the magazine, where was Starfox announced in terms of E3? Obviously it was teased, but where was it official unvailed?

AFAIK, Miyamoto first talked about it on Treehouse Live.

jariw

Socar

Spoony_Tech wrote:

We'd be happy if we knew and seen more. Controlling a game makes up 50% of it and can mess it up. Just look at Kid Icarus, some didn't mind the controls and others hated them. Also just because a games announced doesn't mean it automatically gets a pass, I thank Other M for that one!

Don't use other m as a good reason why we should be careful about this. The fact that it was Team Ninja's fault that the game was to what it is now just shows that Nintendo is going to be very careful when handling their IP's over to someone else.

As for Kid Icarus, how does that matter when at the time Nintendo needed to make every function possible to boost sales. And the thing is it did and also it sold over a million which is good enough. At the time, Nintendo needed to make games for the 3DS for it to sell well and Kid Icarus showed up at the right time. Reviewers liked the game a lot unlike other m.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Dreamz

Artwark wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

We'd be happy if we knew and seen more. Controlling a game makes up 50% of it and can mess it up. Just look at Kid Icarus, some didn't mind the controls and others hated them. Also just because a games announced doesn't mean it automatically gets a pass, I thank Other M for that one!

Don't use other m as a good reason why we should be careful about this. The fact that it was Team Ninja's fault that the game was to what it is now just shows that Nintendo is going to be very careful when handling their IP's over to someone else.

As for Kid Icarus, how does that matter when at the time Nintendo needed to make every function possible to boost sales. And the thing is it did and also it sold over a million which is good enough. At the time, Nintendo needed to make games for the 3DS for it to sell well and Kid Icarus showed up at the right time. Reviewers liked the game a lot unlike other m.

As someone who enjoyed Other M tremendously, I find the recurring hate for the game rather annoying. The only things truly wrong with the game were first person aiming clunkiness and people's misplaced expectations for Samus as a character. What everyone seems to overlook is that they made a 3D Metroid that felt in many ways like its 2D predecessors, something the Prime trilogy failed utterly at.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

kkslider5552000

Dreamz wrote:

What everyone seems to overlook is that they made a 3D Metroid that felt in many ways like its 2D predecessors, something the Prime trilogy failed utterly at.

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play, please watch and enjoy!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

CaviarMeths

Artwark wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

We'd be happy if we knew and seen more. Controlling a game makes up 50% of it and can mess it up. Just look at Kid Icarus, some didn't mind the controls and others hated them. Also just because a games announced doesn't mean it automatically gets a pass, I thank Other M for that one!

Don't use other m as a good reason why we should be careful about this. The fact that it was Team Ninja's fault that the game was to what it is now just shows that Nintendo is going to be very careful when handling their IP's over to someone else.

Have you played the game?

And Team Ninja's work on the game is actually what went right with it. Most of the complaints of that game are directed at the story and characterization of Samus, of which Yoshio Sakamoto is100% responsible.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic