Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,588

3DSWiiUFanatic

I saw that tweet, but look at the Facebook page that authored it. Doesn't look legit to me. I'd wait for further confirmation.

Edit: Wait, you're right, that's the official NoA twitter, but why is their facebook page called "Nintendo Console Gaming" — looks so fake

Edited on by 3DSWiiUFanatic

3DSWiiUFanatic

faint

It's for the best really. I guess noa can throw devils turd in that spot now.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Haru17

Wow, 2015 is spectacularly awful for Nintendo. Like, the worst year in ages. It's even worse than when they didn't release any very notable games, like 2012, because they promised Zelda and disappointed, then promised Star Fox and disappointed.

Granted, it could be a wise move, as Zelda, Pikmin, and Star Fox could make a strong launch lineup for NX, but still :/

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

iKhan

Well, Wii U's 2015 isn't going to fair as well as we all thought it would last year.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Joeynator3000

lol...you guys are acting like the Wii U isn't getting any great games this year...it's Miyamoto, like Sakurai, he wants to make sure it's perfect.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

IceClimbers

@Haru17: Star Fox was delayed to Q1 2016. That's definitely not an NX title. Pikmin is most likely a Wii U title as well. The only one that seems likely to be an NX title is Zelda, and even that's not guaranteed.

I expect the first half of 2016 to be Star Fox in February, Pokken in March, SMTxFE in April, and Pikmin in May.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

Anyways, on the bright side that gives Xenoblade the spotlight.

Haru17

Megumi wrote:

lol...you guys are acting like the Wii U isn't getting any great games this year...it's Miyamoto, like Sakurai, he wants to make sure it's perfect.

Wasn't he significantly involved in Sticker Star and Skyward Sword, though?

Haru17

IceClimbers wrote:

Skyward Sword was Aonuma.

Well, yes, but I remember an article that said Miyamoto insisted upon SS's art style being changed from TP's realism. Anyone else remember that? Anyway, I was just saying that Miyamoto has released significantly flawed works.

kkslider5552000

Haru17 wrote:

Megumi wrote:

His involvement with Sticker Star was (an admittedly horribly dumb) suggestion. I distinctly remember it being suggested (if not outright confirmed) that Mario 3D Land and Skyward Sword (both released about the same time) were Miyamoto giving most of the control of those projects to someone else.

so yeah...

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Haru17

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Megumi wrote:

His involvement with Sticker Star was (an admittedly horribly dumb) suggestion. I distinctly remember it being suggested (if not outright confirmed) that Mario 3D Land and Skyward Sword (both released about the same time) were Miyamoto giving most of the control of those projects to someone else.

so yeah...

So then what did he do...? Just hover?

IceClimbers

@Haru17: Pretty sure Skyward Sword's art style wasn't the game's flaw. The insane amount of handholding is the biggest flaw, while the backtracking could be considered a minor flaw.

Haru17

IceClimbers wrote:

Pretty sure Skyward Sword's art style wasn't the game's flaw. The insane amount of handholding is the biggest flaw, while the backtracking could be considered a minor flaw.

I wasn't saying that. I had qualms with the style, but skins can't create the same degree of flaws (IMO) that structural decisions like slow backtracking can.

But speaking of skins, anyone expect Star Fox to get better textures?

Edited on by Haru17

kkslider5552000

Haru17 wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Pretty sure Skyward Sword's art style wasn't the game's flaw. The insane amount of handholding is the biggest flaw, while the backtracking could be considered a minor flaw.

I wasn't saying that. I had qualms with the style, but skins can't create the same degree of flaws (IMO) that structural decisions like slow backtracking can.

But speaking of skins, anyone expect Star Fox to get better textures?

maybe. It depends if they care about the graphics complaint.

Though unlike some people I never thought it was some style choice exactly. Weird excuse, and I heard someone important working on the game explain they wanted 60 FPS for both screens. Which are good priorities at least.

DefHalan

This is too bad. I wonder if something else will take its place, even if it is a smaller eShop title that they advertise bigger or something. Thos was probably delayed after the massive negitive reaction at E3... which is too bad ecause i thought it looked good. Hopefully it becomes a better experience

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Souldin

It is a little disappointing to hear that Star Fox Zero is being delayed to next year, though it is a decision that doesn't effect me a great deal. After all, with Rodea the Sky Soldier, Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water, and Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash all being games I want, my Wii U's going to get plenty of use this within the end of this year period.

It's also not like Nintendo lacks big games coming out for Wii U for the holiday period, as Xenoblade X (even if I care not for the game) is releasing this holiday outside of Japan, whilst Japan is getting Genei Ibun Roku #FE before the end of the year (even if it does have a strange release date).

Haru17 wrote:

Megumi wrote:

I personally found The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword to be awesome, easily one of my favourite Zelda and Wii games. Admittedly I would not call it perfect, but I do find it an all-round amazing game... also, wasn't it primarily Aonuma who directed Skyward Sword?

I'm Souldin, older brother of the Grin Brothers YouTube channel, and writer over on DeviantART.

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6557-6769 | Nintendo Network ID: Souldin | Twitter:

Octane

Mixed feelings about this. That FB page sounds very fake by the way; ''Nintendo Console Gaming''? Couldn't they come up with a better name?

Star Fox Zero is the only game that hasn't really impressed me from a visual standpoint, doesn't look bad, but not as good as most Wii U games, so it's one of the games that deserves a bit more polish. On the other hand, this is another game in the long line of delayed games. I wish they got their planning and schedules sorted out, and I hope that this future strategy of not revealing games until close to their release date is going to pay off.

[edit]: That being said, there's plenty of games in my backlog and on my wishlist; Star Fox Zero coming a few months later isn't going to hurt.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

kkslider5552000

As someone who rarely gets to new games anymore, this delay doesn't bother me much.

Though this makes me think Mario Maker should've been saved for November and something else should've been September. I probably would've thought this regardless of Star Fox's delay actually.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.