Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 501 to 520 of 1,588

UGXwolf

People are aware that E3 gameplay footage is from an incomplete and unpolished product, yes? Hell, they even said during the demo immediately after the digital event that Zoness was incomplete at the time.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jazzer94

They've actually improved the visuals a bit if you compare current footage to E3 footage.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Joeynator3000

UGXwolf wrote:

People are aware that E3 gameplay footage is from an incomplete and unpolished product, yes? Hell, they even said during the demo immediately after the digital event that Zoness was incomplete at the time.

That's what bugs me, everyone assumes the demos they see are the final version of the game. It's like with Super Mario Maker and the very long loading times.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DefHalan

Megumi wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

That's what bugs me, everyone assumes the demos they see are the final version of the game. It's like with Super Mario Maker and the very long loading times.

Well the rest of the industry normally goes the other way. They show off 3% off a game with everything pushing the hardware to the max, then have to downs ale everything to make the 97% of the game to actually function on the hardware lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

PaperMario64

Jazzer94 wrote:

They've actually improved the visuals a bit if you compare current footage to E3 footage.

What new footage are you referring to?

PaperMario64

Dezzy

DefHalan wrote:

then have to downs ale everything to make the 97% of the game

Me like to downs ale!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jariw

PaperMario64 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Probably the recent PAX footage?

Improved graphics in a EAD-developed title is hardly surprising. Even though Platinum helps with the development, it's still the gameplay-first/presentation-later development of the EADs. MK8/3D World/Captain Toad/Splatoon all had pretty substantial visual improvements late in the development process.

jariw

Socar

The recent footage of the game looks better than before. But honestly, I rather play the game than judge its graphics because it looks like I can enjoy this game better than Uprising.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

UGXwolf

That's another thing. A number of people have complained that the game looks too slow. You're right that it's not the insane rollercoaster of a game that Kid Icarus was, but that's not actually a bad thing. Star Fox tends to play more like a 2D scrolling Shmup in 3D than a third-person rail shooter with a focus on large environments and story telling.

With that said, you picked Zoness, literally the slowest level they showed us at E3. Which also happened to be unfinished. In an unpolished games that ALSO happened to be unfinished.

Back to my point. Some people prefer that Shmup feeling where it's actually feasible to kill everything and like having time to attack and react to things. I believe the phrase is "different strokes for different folks." Star Fox has always been a bit slow. Why would they make it insanely fast?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jazzer94

jariw wrote:

PaperMario64 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Probably the recent PAX footage?

Improved graphics in a EAD-developed title is hardly surprising. Even though Platinum helps with the development, it's still the gameplay-first/presentation-later development of the EADs. MK8/3D World/Captain Toad/Splatoon all had pretty substantial visual improvements late in the development process.

Yeah I think it was PAX footage, its nothing mind blowing in terms of difference but they are improving it.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

jump

I thought the E3 floor footage was an improvement over the one shown in the direct.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

GrailUK

It's the Zero Wii U owners deserve but not the one they need right now. So we will buy it. Because they made it. Because it's not our Zero.*

*or something.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Megas75

Not really getting the whole "the game looks awful" argument, the game looks totally fine to me. Other than Starfox SNES and Adventures the series was never about being visually impressive

Though while I'm still excited for Starfox Zero, the only thing I'm not liking is the fact that the story is yet another retelling of the Lylat Wars. I know story isn't exactly a top priority in the Starfox series, but c'mon, you guys just got done remaking Starfox 64 3D for Christ's sake

Edited on by Megas75

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

DefHalan

Megas75 wrote:

Not really getting the whole "the game looks awful" argument, the game looks totally fine to me. Other than Starfox SNES and Adventures the series was never about being visually impressive

Though while I'm still excited for Starfox Zero, the only thing I'm not liking is the fact that the story is yet another retelling of the Lylat Wars. I know story isn't exactly a top priority in the Starfox series, but c'mon, you guys just got done remaking Starfox 64 3D for Christ's sake

Has it been confirmed that it is just retelling the same story? I thought they weren't sure when the story was taking place. Personally, I thought it was going to be a prequel to 64.

DefHalan

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

It's an entire reboot to the franchise.

Is that confirmed?

Retro_on_theGo

DefHalan wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Is that confirmed?

Well, I guess they didn't call it a reboot after all, but it is a "re-imagining."
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/e3-2015-star-fox-zero-is-a-...

Dancing around the word like that means this is either a reboot, or nothing new is going to happen to the story. Just a glorified remake.

Miyamoto also had this to say to Kotaku:
Despite the “zero” in the name, Star Fox Zero does not take place before the other games in the series. “It’s definitely not a prequel,” Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto told me after I played the game earlier this week. “In some ways I think more of it as being a remake of the first one or we’re starting from ‘1’ again, but obviously with that as a base trying to think, ‘now with these two different screens and new play system and different vehicles, what are the new things we can add to that?’”

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

DefHalan

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Is that confirmed?

Well, I guess they didn't call it a reboot after all, but it is a "re-imagining."
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/e3-2015-star-fox-zero-is-a-...

Dancing around the word like that means this is either a reboot, or nothing new is going to happen to the story. Just a glorified remake.

Miyamoto also had this to say to Kotaku:
Despite the “zero” in the name, Star Fox Zero does not take place before the other games in the series. “It’s definitely not a prequel,” Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto told me after I played the game earlier this week. “In some ways I think more of it as being a remake of the first one or we’re starting from ‘1’ again, but obviously with that as a base trying to think, ‘now with these two different screens and new play system and different vehicles, what are the new things we can add to that?’”

Interesting... We will see what happens then.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.