Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 341 to 360 of 1,588

Socar

I can't seem to understand the problem with the Visuals. But just to ask, are there any games that when showcased at E3 looked better in their final release or were the same visuals as they were in E3? Just curious whether this is just beta or final? Because I don't see Nintendolife doing another impressions seeing that they made the first one.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Lmao, why are we even judging the game's story when we barely even have an idea what it's about? It's like reading 2 pages of a 12 chapter book and saying it's bad.

The only thing I hope is that miyamoto meant something different when he said the game would take as long as watching a movie.. a 2.5 hour experience would be pretty lame... sure there may be replay value, but what replay value exactly when I can make a total of 3 replays, withen the time one game took to complete? If I wanted that kind of game, I'd just play the first quarter of pikmin 3, and reset the file to play the first quarter again.

Surely it would depend on what audience the movie is aimed at, lots of movies aimed at younger people are sub 2 hours.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DefHalan

Grumblevolcano wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Lmao, why are we even judging the game's story when we barely even have an idea what it's about? It's like reading 2 pages of a 12 chapter book and saying it's bad.

The only thing I hope is that miyamoto meant something different when he said the game would take as long as watching a movie.. a 2.5 hour experience would be pretty lame... sure there may be replay value, but what replay value exactly when I can make a total of 3 replays, withen the time one game took to complete? If I wanted that kind of game, I'd just play the first quarter of pikmin 3, and reset the file to play the first quarter again.

Surely it would depend on what audience the movie is aimed at, lots of movies aimed at younger people are sub 2 hours.

Well, how long was Star Fox 64 to complete? I just mean from start to finish, not different paths and optional stuff. Probably two hours, depending on skill. I would like to see the game be longer than 64 but that should probably be the length we expect from a Star Fox game.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Luna_110

I think the main problem is that the history after Adventures is the kind of story you love or you hate. Unfortunately, Star Fox's never been know for strong storytelling. And I agree with the fact that people should wait before saying "This is not Star Fox". It doesn't matter we like it or not, Star Fox was never really more than SF 64.... that in turn, was a 3D remake of the SNES Star Fox. Wait for more info on the game, and if you don't like it, don't buy it. If someone is seeking top notch storytelling, unfortunately Nintendo usually isn't the way to go. Now, if we´re talking about good gameplay, the situation changes a bit....

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

veeflames

DefHalan wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Well, how long was Star Fox 64 to complete? I just mean from start to finish, not different paths and optional stuff. Probably two hours, depending on skill. I would like to see the game be longer than 64 but that should probably be the length we expect from a Star Fox game.

My brother could clear the game, like, literally 20 times in one day.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

kkslider5552000

Blast wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I actually disagree. Unless Wonderful 101 isn't a fluke, Platinum need to stay far away from any storytelling ever. Minimal storytelling >>>>>>>>>>> basically any storytelling in Bayonetta or especially Vanquish (though Bayonetta at least has some good comedy and characterization at points).

If anything, bringing up Platinum does everything to justify Miyamoto's approach. They are great game designers, let them be that. A Miyamoto minimalist gameplay gamey game is exactly what Platinum is made for.

But the story in Star Fox Zero looks boring! Not even exciting! Look at Bayonetta 2's story. It was wild, action packed and enduring. It wasn't amazing but it totally wasn't garbage.

Bayonetta 2 has its moments in the narrative but the story is garbage outside of the basic "save Jeanne" story. Actually no, it's also a basic story, it just had to fit in ridiculous terminology no one cares about and constantly fit in its 500 action scenes which happen because the game is a game where action needs to happen, and not because it at all adds anything to the story the vast majority of the time.

It's one of those games that is legitimately better if you skip cutscenes, barring a few (mainly earlier ones). I won't dare say it's within the same caliber of bad storytelling as Final Fantasy XIII, but it does really remind of the Falcie Focus God Lcie insanity.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blast wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I actually disagree. Unless Wonderful 101 isn't a fluke, Platinum need to stay far away from any storytelling ever. Minimal storytelling >>>>>>>>>>> basically any storytelling in Bayonetta or especially Vanquish (though Bayonetta at least has some good comedy and characterization at points).

If anything, bringing up Platinum does everything to justify Miyamoto's approach. They are great game designers, let them be that. A Miyamoto minimalist gameplay gamey game is exactly what Platinum is made for.

But the story in Star Fox Zero looks boring! Not even exciting! Look at Bayonetta 2's story. It was wild, action packed and enduring. It wasn't amazing but it totally wasn't garbage.

Bayonetta 2 has its moments in the narrative but the story is garbage outside of the basic "save Jeanne" story. Actually no, it's also a basic story, it just had to fit in ridiculous terminology no one cares about and constantly fit in its 500 action scenes which happen because the game is a game where action needs to happen, and not because it at all adds anything to the story the vast majority of the time.

It's one of those games that is legitimately better if you skip cutscenes, barring a few (mainly earlier ones). I won't dare say it's within the same caliber of bad storytelling as Final Fantasy XIII, but it does really remind of the Falcie Focus God Lcie insanity.

My friend... Did we play the same game? Bayonetta 2's story isn't amazing but basic? C'mon, man...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

kkslider5552000

It's basic because there's not a lot to grab onto. It's nothing more than exposition, bizarre humor and action, repeat until the end. And a lot of the times (even for the exposition somehow!), it might as well be non-sequiturs (sometimes I'm pretty sure they intentionally are).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

It's basic because there's not a lot to grab onto. It's nothing more than exposition, bizarre humor and action, repeat until the end. And a lot of the times (even for the exposition somehow!), it might as well be non-sequiturs (sometimes I'm pretty sure they intentionally are).

And that's what Star Fox Zero needs, in my opinion. Not another retread. Not another Pigma.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

FattyWhale_42

My dream — and I may be alone in this — is basically a Star Fox version of Rouge Squadron. I had (and still have) both games on my N64, guess which one got played 100x (at least) more.

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

CanisWolfred

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

My dream — and I may be alone in this — is basically a Star Fox version of Rouge Squadron. I had (and still have) both games on my N64, guess which one got played 100x (at least) more.

They're both Good games, but Star Fox is actually unique, while I've played plenty of games that are more like Rogue Squadron, which was pretty much Ace Combot set in a Star Wars universe, IIRC...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

FattyWhale_42

CanisWolfred wrote:

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

They're both Good games, but Star Fox is actually unique, while I've played plenty of games that are more like Rogue Squadron, which was pretty much Ace Combot set in a Star Wars universe, IIRC...

I can see that. Although while I like Ace Combat, to me, I felt like Rouge Squadron was on another level — especially the mission design and variety. Which is what I'm looking for in a new Star Fox game. This one (so far) seems a little too familiar, but not in a good way.

To me, I like my game franchises to have a familiar but-not-from-this-series feel to them. There's only so many ways to re-invent the wheel, but most of the time the mark is missed. When you take a great concept, and add a new world to it, the possibilities that would naturally result would probably be better than 95% of "all-new" ideas out there (which, when Nintendo has done this, it's resulted in many of their best games to date).

Ah well, one can always dream.

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

DefHalan

NintyMan wrote:

The E3 trailer, now at 60fps!

Man, that game looks Fantastic

Araquanid

Definitely looks graphically better than what we originally saw!

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

hirobo2

Shigeru Miyamoto doesn't get it. Starfox isn't Starfox without music composed by Hajime Hirasawa. I absolutely hate the stuff composed by Koji Kondo and other composers. The guy (Koji Kondo) is a musical genius for stuff like Zelda, Mario, etc. But he just isn't the right man for Starfox. As such SF0 = fail where music is concerned. The only real Starfox game I've ever played was the SNES released version partly b/c the music made it so memorable...

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

Araquanid

Would it be weird if I said I was kinda hoping the samus amiibo would unlock her gunship in this game? Specifically MP3's model.

But seriously, makes me wonder what kind of skins they'll come up with. I hope it's not just "recolor the whole arwing" but instead add cool markings or something.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

DefHalan

I was hoping for something more but in games that don't focus on Amiibo support I think we will mainly see Skins sadly.

Ryu_Niiyama

Always a catch 22 with amiibo. They make exclusive stuff, then people cry foul over locked dlc. They do skins and then people cry foul because "that's all they can do". I used to hate the idea of the toys to life single game but I see why it is done now. It is the best way to appease both sides.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.