Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 301 to 320 of 1,588

kkslider5552000

Even if I was annoyed, I actually can't complain. They gave EXACTLY the Star Fox game I wanted.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Retro_on_theGo

I don't know if it was posted here yet, but people spotted Kat in the game while playing at E3. So it's safe to assume there's no Krystal. Now I really want to know if this is really just a "reimagining" of 64 like they say or a reboot to the franchise. I wouldn't mind a reboot honestly. Didn't Command end the series?

DefHalan

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I don't know if it was posted here yet, but people spotted Kat in the game while playing at E3. So it's safe to assume there's no Krystal. Now I really want to know if this is really just a "reimagining" of 64 like they say or a reboot to the franchise. I wouldn't mind a reboot honestly. Didn't Command end the series?

With all of the different endings in Command, it is difficult to say what exactly it did with the story. Command will either be seen as the last Star Fox chronologically or as a Side Story/Spin-Off. Command is still a fun game in my opinion

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

cookiex

jasonbrr wrote:

cookiex wrote:

jasonbrr wrote:

I thought it was pretty underwhelming. I expected a whole lot more from Starfox. Did Platinum really work on this game? Nothing that was shown even remotely looks like something theyve worked on. And really how could they? Theyre working on Scalebound and the new Transformers game already.

Platinum is perfectly capable to work on many projects simultaneously. They just announced a fourth game during Square Enix's conference.

Edit: And they are apparently involved with Project Guard as well.

Yeah theyre working on 5 games right now that we know of. Thats crazy since theyre not a very large developer. Hoping they arent spreading themselves too thin.

I think at least with Star Fox/Project Guard and Scalebound they get manpower at Nintendo and Microsoft's disposal.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

veeflames

MegaBeedrill wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

For those who are complaining about the visuals, please give it time. It'll be cleaner or whatever by the time December barrel rolls in.

Or do you mean.. aileron roll?

Untitled

Hmm... let's see:
"... by the time December aileron rolls in."
Nah, I'll stick with barrel roll. XD

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Socar

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

For those who are complaining about the visuals, please give it time. It'll be cleaner or whatever by the time December barrel rolls in.

This reminds me of how Metroid Fusion was made earlier. It was going to be on GBC but then people complained at how horrible it looked and so Nintendo decided to move it to GBA where visually its crispy.

I'm willing to bet that even if this game was for the Wii, people would still find something to complain about it. I regret that I voted for Fire Emblem Fates instead of Star Fox Zero as the most excited game but Fates was just simply amazing that It made me vote for it.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

WebHead

Looking forward to this. Yeah the visuals aren't the best but whatever.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

HollywoodHogan

NintyMan wrote:

Miyamoto said the gyro controls can be turned off, so that should confirm traditional controls.

But does the gamepad screen not continue to show the cockpit aiming view? Then there are the ship transformations, especially the one where it appeared you are a drone and you control a small camera using the gamepad screen.

So still, forced gamepad use is required.

Friend to all SJW's

VoodooTrumpet

Looks terrible to me

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

NintendoFan64

I think it can be good, though admittedly after reading Nintendo Life's article, I'm a little bit worried. Hopefully the controls are just something you need to just get the hang of. Also, am I the only one who thought the graphics looked good ?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

-Green-

NintendoFan64 wrote:

I think it can be good, though admittedly after reading Nintendo Life's article, I'm a little bit worried. Hopefully the controls are just something you need to just get the hang of. Also, am I the only one who thought the graphics looked good ?

I liked the graphics. They reminded of the artistic style the older games used to have.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

veeflames

NintendoFan64 wrote:

I liked what I saw. I'm predicting this will be another 3D World scenario: Everyone loathes the game when it is shown, but when it's released it's near perfect. Everyone jumping into silly conclusions that this(Star Fox Zero) is the final game, so yeah.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Nintendo_Ninja

I hope this is good but I'm a bit worried about it. It seems slow with low detail and any punch.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

jariw

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

I liked what I saw. I'm predicting this will be another 3D World scenario: Everyone loathes the game when it is shown, but when it's released it's near perfect. Everyone jumping into silly conclusions that this(Star Fox Zero) is the final game, so yeah.

But with this game it's a bit different. They need to downscale the graphics since they want to maintain 60fps at all costs while having a separate graphics stream for the gameplay rendered for the Gamepad at the same time. (At the same time, I'm sure the end product will have some improvements compared to the E3 demo.)

Edited on by jariw

jariw

cookiex

I don't the graphics is the result of wanting to maintain 60fps as much as the game going through a pretty rapid development, so I think we're going to see some improvements come November.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

luke17

Just sold my Fox amiibo...sighhhh.

luke17

Henmii

"I hope this is good but I'm a bit worried about it. It seems slow with low detail and any punch"

I agree. On a side-note: The box-art looks awesome (if it is the final box-art), though ingame Fox still looks plasticy (its just basically the model first seen in the Starfox DS game). His voice seems better, less irritating then in was in Super smash Wii u.

Henmii

KryptoniteKrunch

Weird how we get the Star Fox that everyone wanted(a SF game more similar to 64 with no/minimal ground missions) and people still find way to bash it. Oh well, I thought it looked really fun. The Arwing transformation into a AT-AT type ship from Star Wars was really cool.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

turtlelink

I'm scared. I want this game to be absolutely amazing. They need to work on the graphics and implement a fun multiplayer mode with online...

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.