Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 281 to 300 of 1,588

cookiex

A closer look at the visuals reminded me of Wonderful 101 actually.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

moomoo

Visuals seem more on the Wonderful 101 side of things than Bayonetta 2. Unfortunate. Thankfully, there seems to be a tightness to it all based on the Treehouse presentation. Definitely looking forward to hearing more.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Araquanid

Honestly, I never liked the Star Fox franchise... I tried the 3D remake, and it bored me to death with repetitive gameplay and cheesy one-liners/characters...

And after all the hate I've heard about Adventures, it's definitely unsettling to try..

Star Fox Zero on the other hand.. actually looks interesting, I'm more than likely picking it up for sure to try out. It looks less repetitive with more hidden obstacles, the graphics are beautiful (seriously guys.. the last two pages of this thread arguing about graphics killed my brain cells... since when does graphics matter? Let alone when they are perfectly fine and already pretty good! Tho fox looks weird.. kinda like his adventure's model better for some reason.)

The game just seems appealing to me, there is more to do on land, and in the air.. all in one area instead of limited to specific stages. I don't know how bad the cheesy one liners will be in this game (not necessarily the barrel roll, but everything else I just can't take seriously.) but regardless, the game itself is reviving my interest in a series I already gave up on.

In regards to multiplayer, that would be wasted potential.. but hardly anything to hate and dislike every single nintendo video like I see a lot of people doing.. (seriously, look at the ratings on their youtube videos.)

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

cookiex

MegaBeedrill wrote:

And after all the hate I've heard about Adventures, it's definitely unsettling to try..

Adventures is not a bad game in it's own right. It's just being a Zelda clone with dinosaurs that didn't even start out as a Star Fox game didn't really fit the franchise.

cookiex

veeflames

Megumi wrote:

...So how is this desert level with a giant tornado with tons of debris flying in the background very basic and simplistic for a Platinum game?

Best you leave those people alone... I think the game looks excellent.
EDIT: Not the visuals itself(not that i really care), but for the transformations and such.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

retropunky

I for one, am definitely pumped for this game. Kinda weird that Slippy was a no show.
So maybe, in hindsight, this is Star Fox Beginnings

Edited on by retropunky

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

retropunky

NintyMan wrote:

@PKpunky: Slippy does appear; in the colony stage at least.

Ah, I must have missed him. Thank you for the clarification!

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

cookiex

Peppy has a southern accent for some reason.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

jasonbrr

cookiex wrote:

jasonbrr wrote:

I thought it was pretty underwhelming. I expected a whole lot more from Starfox. Did Platinum really work on this game? Nothing that was shown even remotely looks like something theyve worked on. And really how could they? Theyre working on Scalebound and the new Transformers game already.

Platinum is perfectly capable to work on many projects simultaneously. They just announced a fourth game during Square Enix's conference.

Edit: And they are apparently involved with Project Guard as well.

Yeah theyre working on 5 games right now that we know of. Thats crazy since theyre not a very large developer. Hoping they arent spreading themselves too thin.

jasonbrr

Dezzy

Lol the games industry really needs to get over this reaction where if every new game doesn't push graphical boundaries, it's an outrage. Same as Fallout 4 last week.

Ok, so they clearly haven't spend Zelda level budget on this. But it looks fine! Lets just wait and see how it plays.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Nintendo6400

I liked what saw. Besides, it was a demo and not the full game.

What seems underwhelming about it?

PS Was anyone else creeped out about Fox's whiskers?

Edit: My biggest disappointed was that the game seems more like a reboot that doesn't seem to have panther or krystal.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

-Green-

So, is this game going to primarily focus on single player when it launches? (just out of curiosity, since I know very little of the game at the moment)

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Dezzy

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I liked what saw. Besides, it was a demo and not the full game.

What seems underwhelming about it?

If it's coming out in December, probably safe to assume that's close to what the final version will look like!
I think most of the complaints are just that it looked very average in terms of visuals.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Araquanid

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Edit: My biggest disappointed was that the game seems more like a reboot that doesn't seem to have panther or krystal.

I think this might be a prequel before the events of adventures took place. After Assault, krystal and fox retire from star fox (or whatever ending you get) and they just meet in Adventures. Unless they somehow squeeze this game inbetween the timeline of Adventures and Assault, it wouldn't make sense for krystal to be in the game.. and if it's appost to come after assualt, then it makes assault's muiltiple endings worthless since they decide what happens to krystal.

but who knows.

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

veeflames

For those who are complaining about the visuals, please give it time. It'll be cleaner or whatever by the time December barrel rolls in.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Joeynator3000

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

For those who are complaining about the visuals, please give it time. It'll be cleaner or whatever by the time December barrel rolls in.

OBVIOUSLY the game is finished, they just want to hold onto it so they can 100% it themselves.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

MsJubilee

I really hope this doesn't force me to use the gamepad. Cause i really don't want to use gamepad to play this game,just begging them so i can use the pro controller.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Araquanid

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Or do you mean.. aileron roll?

Untitled

My Shinies

DefHalan

TwilightAngel wrote:

I really hope this doesn't force me to use the gamepad. Cause i really don't want to use gamepad to play this game,just begging them so i can use the pro controller.

From what I played, if you hold the gamepad still then it plays just like Star Fox 64. The GamePad's motion controls just allow for more accuracy for those that don't use charge shots with lock on. (seriously saw so many people not using charge shots and only getting 70-ish kills, I used Charge Shots, like you are supposed to in these games, and got 153) I felt like I never had to use the gamepad's motion, but it did help at times.

The game plays amazing, I loved every second of it. The mission they had available had a Mission Complete ending and a Mission Accomplished ending. There aren't any bombs from what I saw, the transforming mechanic is interesting and I want to see levels that use it better. I want to see more about playing levels with different vehicles because that could change the way you play each level.

Nothing was shown with story but my guess is that it is a prequel. The title "Zero" and having the original team hints to me that it is a prequel to 64. I am bummed that there will be no Krystal but it was great to see Peppy flying again.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Popplio

Alright. Star Fox Zero. Looks amazing. Cannot wait. However, I am EXTREMELY ANGRY that fans are now doubting the game. It's like, "Oh my gosh! A New Star Fox game!" We haven't had a new game since the DS! Wait, no online multiplayer? This will suck." It's basically every critic in a nutshell. Can't people avoid multiplayer being such a big part? You might say, "But what about Splatoon?" Well, Nintendo said Splatoon was about multiplayer. Star Fox isn't about multiplayer. It's about rail-shooting.

Pop pop, mothertruckers.

Nintendo Network ID: FrancescosYoshi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.