Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,588

cloudrunner64

It just looks like the sequel they wanted to release. It still looks minimalist though. Fill up the space nintendo!

PSN cloud_runner64

HawkeyeWii

I was really pumped for this but it really underwhelmed me.....
Nintendo rarely underwhelms with its core franchises, but that is what just happened...

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Socar

Seriously.....I can't find any visual issues here. The fact that its still underdevelopment, they may fix this and make it better.

Sure its not as pretty as Kid Icarus Uprising or 3D World but it looks good enough and far better than Hyrule Warriors.

Also didn't you guys want Platinum Games to make a Starfox game?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Artwark wrote:

Seriously.....I can't find any visual issues here. The fact that its still underdevelopment, they may fix this and make it better.

Sure its not as pretty as Kid Icarus Uprising or 3D World but it looks good enough and far better than Hyrule Warriors.

Also didn't you guys want Platinum Games to make a Starfox game?

Seriously...this is what bugs me. It's like the moment Nintendo starts everyone decides to start bashing Nintendo.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

kkslider5552000

You're all delusional, it looks great. Not mindblowingly so, but it looks exactly what I expected HD Star Fox to look like. Try again.

And with Platinum involved, I'm pumped for this game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

HollywoodHogan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

You're all delusional, it looks great. Not mindblowingly so, but it looks exactly what I expected HD Star Fox to look like. Try again.

And with Platinum involved, I'm pumped for this game.

Platinum made games have a distinct flair and attention to detail that this Star Fox game lacks immensely. This title looks extremely basic.

I can't believe that Platinum had a great deal of input based on what we have seen so far. Maybe they lent Nintendo some computer monitors or something, and got a developers credit because of that?

Friend to all SJW's

veeflames

Why the heck are so many people complaining about the visuals of this game?! The gameplay looks so swell.... I NEED THIS GAME NOW!
This game is going to ultimately help me recover from what was an underwhelming presentation...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

HollywoodHogan

That's what a Platinum produced air combat level looks like in 2015.

You people are honestly delusional if you think Star Fox looks ANYTHING like that, or that Platinum Games has put more than 5 hours worth of work into making this game.

It looks extremely simplified. If it doesn't run at 60fps and native 1080p, I can't understand why Nintendo decided to make it look so plain.

Friend to all SJW's

cloudrunner64

Im still getting this game. Its just i expected more. I felt the same about skyward sword. It felt and looked empty. Im sure Nintendo are gonna pull out all the stops next year.

PSN cloud_runner64

HollywoodHogan

Artwark wrote:

Sure its not as pretty as Kid Icarus Uprising

You just said a 4 year old 3DS game looks better than a Star Fox Wii U game, yet you are still defending its visuals?

Let that sink in for a moment.

Friend to all SJW's

HollywoodHogan

NintyMan wrote:

Artwark wrote:

It looks way better than Kid Icarus: Uprising, Artwark.

As for Miyamoto: he says there won't be online multiplayer BUT they may add it later.

“So, we’re really prioritising getting this new game playing at 60 frames-per-second. In previous Star Fox games we had focused a lot on dogfighting, but here we’re really focused more the single-player experience.

“Of course, as we continue on and once people get a feeling for the game… as the process continues if we find that we do think it’d be really good we’ll definitely consider it, but right now we’re not.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/16/e3-2015-star-fox-zero-...

Translation: "Adding an online multiplayer component would require more time and effort than we want to invest in this game, so we didn't bother with it."

Friend to all SJW's

kkslider5552000

I distinctly remember Miyamoto saying the game would come out this year no matter what. Considering recent Nintendo, I could legitimately see this being released as a 40 dollar title and them adding online as DLC later. Also because I think Nintendo is trying to break a world record for bizarre ways to support their games via DLC. I'm sure they'll get that record eventually! Next time we'll get DLC if 1000 people complete an IRL marathon while juggling turnips!

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Octane

I don't care for online multiplayer. All I'm asking for is a bit of polishing.

Octane

Socar

HollywoodHogan wrote:

Artwark wrote:

You just said a 4 year old 3DS game looks better than a Star Fox Wii U game, yet you are still defending its visuals?

Kid Icarus Uprising was made on a handheld and some of its visuals were crisp. So when comparing to these two, seeing as how Uprising pushed the limitations of the 3DS, in terms of pushing Starfox doesn't do as great as Uprising but the visuals are still good. And like I said earlier, its still under development so the visuals may be better than they are now.

Also the game that you just showed has the exact same visual feel as the Star Fox game. Seriously stop complaining. You didn't enjoy the E3, we get it. So don't rant about it.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

The only thing that worries me is that it's not a sequel or prequel to Star Fox 64, yet what we saw looked ridiculously like Star Fox 64. I really hope the game doesn't end up generic and nostalgia dependent because that's kind of what I'm getting right now.

NintyMan wrote:

Artwark wrote:

It looks way better than Kid Icarus: Uprising, Artwark.

As for Miyamoto: he says there won't be online multiplayer BUT they may add it later.

“So, we’re really prioritising getting this new game playing at 60 frames-per-second. In previous Star Fox games we had focused a lot on dogfighting, but here we’re really focused more the single-player experience.

“Of course, as we continue on and once people get a feeling for the game… as the process continues if we find that we do think it’d be really good we’ll definitely consider it, but right now we’re not.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/16/e3-2015-star-fox-zero-...

Nintendo is, yet again, planning to release an unfinished games. Congratulations guys! Here's that next gen you all wanted Nintendo to step into so bad!

CapeSmash

People wanted a spiritual successor to Star Fox 64, they get it, and now they don't want it? What? And for the graphics: I think people are over exaggerating how bad they really are. Sure, it looks bleak in some areas, but it isn't as mind-boggling awful as people make it out to be.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

HollywoodHogan

Artwark wrote:

HollywoodHogan wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Kid Icarus Uprising was made on a handheld and some of its visuals were crisp. So when comparing to these two, seeing as how Uprising pushed the limitations of the 3DS, in terms of pushing Starfox doesn't do as great as Uprising but the visuals are still good. And like I said earlier, its still under development so the visuals may be better than they are now.

Also the game that you just showed has the exact same visual feel as the Star Fox game. Seriously stop complaining. You didn't enjoy the E3, we get it. So don't rant about it.

If you actually feel that way, with the current state Nintendo is in, I think your odds of getting employment with them have improved dramatically.

Friend to all SJW's

jasonbrr

I thought it was pretty underwhelming. I expected a whole lot more from Starfox. Did Platinum really work on this game? Nothing that was shown even remotely looks like something theyve worked on. And really how could they? Theyre working on Scalebound and the new Transformers game already.

jasonbrr

cookiex

jasonbrr wrote:

I thought it was pretty underwhelming. I expected a whole lot more from Starfox. Did Platinum really work on this game? Nothing that was shown even remotely looks like something theyve worked on. And really how could they? Theyre working on Scalebound and the new Transformers game already.

Platinum is perfectly capable to work on many projects simultaneously. They just announced a fourth game during Square Enix's conference.

Edit: And they are apparently involved with Project Guard as well.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Joeynator3000

...So how is this desert level with a giant tornado with tons of debris flying in the background very basic and simplistic for a Platinum game?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.