Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 1,581 to 1,588 of 1,588

DefHalan

@hirobo2 As a side note. I read the whole post. your post is about Linkle and how people have gained inspiration from certain Chinese products.It has almost nothing to do with Star Fox.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DefHalan

@DarthNocturnal I didn't realize it was the same person. Just sad that this person gets to ruin an entire thread for people.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

kkslider5552000

It's going to be fun someday bringing up games I like less than Star Fox Zero just to annoy people. One of them's a Platinum game amusingly enough, and not even one of the licensed games!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

OorWullie

Out of curiosity and incentive to do better,what's everyone's highest score on the opening level?

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

Giygas_95

Hey for anybody that has gotten all 70 medals and unlocked the amiibo content (of course without having to use the amiibo) how do you select the retro and black arwings when not using amiibo? Does the game give you an extra pop up menu to select them from? Also with the amiibo I notice you can't use the black arwing on Peppy's mission (Salvadora). Does that change if you have unlocked the black arwing yourself? Just curious. I want to get the 70 medals myself, but it's pretty difficult.

Giygas_95

Nintendo Network ID: Supersonic_Flyer

Dezzy

Finally got round to playing this properly. I bought it a while ago but other things got in the way of me finishing it.
I have to say, I don't understand why this reviewed so badly. I think it's a genuinely excellent game. I preferred it to the 64 game easily.
I think it's a matter of how well you handle the controls. I found the easiest way was to just ignore the gamepad screen for 99% of the time. Just used it on those occasions where you need to shoot above or below.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

meleebrawler

@Dezzy It is a mystery for sure. Still, I think ARMS did do good learning from this (not making the motion controls mandatory, even with the way they're presented). It refines the 64 gameplay well (no annoying wing damage or claustrophobic all-range battles) and the controls, though not for everyone make battles, especially against Star Wolf much more dynamic.

Coming off from a slightly heated Metroid discussion in another thread, it's interesting to see how this series and the former struggling in almost completely opposite ways. Metroid largely stuck to it's formula while Star Fox tried a whole gamut of genres, but neither managed to sell particularly well

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Dreamliner

Dezzy wrote:

Finally got round to playing this properly. I bought it a while ago but other things got in the way of me finishing it.
I have to say, I don't understand why this reviewed so badly. I think it's a genuinely excellent game. I preferred it to the 64 game easily.
I think it's a matter of how well you handle the controls. I found the easiest way was to just ignore the gamepad screen for 99% of the time. Just used it on those occasions where you need to shoot above or below.

I'm struggling with the controls. I've really haven't gotten much further than the first world because I keep playing that instruction demo with the rings and I just can't get a hold of it. On the first world I kept running into things.

Honestly, Nintendo's biggest mistake with the Wii U was forcing quirky motion controls simply because they could. It worked out well for the Wii, but unless it was actually BETTER they should have left it alone.

Also, from what I understand, I hear Zero maps/story are a lot like the N64 & 3DS version. I still have yet to pick up the 3DS version but I really want it (hoping for a US Selects version or the price to come down).

I still have SF:Z and will eventually get through it but man, traditional controls would have been welcomed.

If Nintendo ports it to the Switch, I'll buy it immediately. I also think Nintendo should immediately start porting popular Wii U titles since they're already HD. I also think they should port over HD remasters of their greatest hits (like they did with Zelda WW & TP).

Imagine a full HD Mario All-Stars.

Edited on by Dreamliner

Dreamliner

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.