Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,588

Spoony_Tech

No one knows anything about it so there isn't much to talk about. I want to see it in action as it's the one series that has never stayed the same. Seems like they're always trying to re-invent the wheel with this franchise. That's not a bad thing it just leaves us with nothing but speculation.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Ryno wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Henmii wrote:

Haven't seen much of the Miyamoto projects yet, but isn't it depressing that in all this time he just came up with some experiments? Still no new killer franchise! Even Starfox is in the experimental phase!

People, accept the fact that Miyamoto's high days are over for quite some time. He just doesn't have it in him anymore, and he doesn't understand anymore what gamers want. It would highly surprise me if he one day comes up with something new and great again.

There is always that one guy.
Untitled

He's right.
Untitled

Untitled

"greener pasters..."

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Henmii

"Personally, I think Pikmin 3 is absolutely brilliant"

I don't know how much involvement he had in that!

"The dude has been helping out with all kinds of projects throughout Nintendo besides just the three he talked about at E3?"

I know, but I rather had that he came up with a new and cool franchise. Something up there with the best Mario's and Zelda's. Not just some demo's. When you are teasing a new franchise for years (he did) then you have to deliver someday.

@Artwark,

Of course I have respect for the guy and what he did for gaming. But that doesn't change my opinion that his high days are over, and people don't want to accept this! Take alone Zelda. Time and time again he made it more lineair with more handholding, while the fans cried out for freedom. Now with Albw we finally got more freedom (its not my favorite Zelda though, but I appreciate the freedom), and it seems we get even more in Zelda U. I feel Aonuma came up with this idea, not Miyamoto.

Many movie-makers get better as they get older, but I don't see that happening with Miyamoto. He doesn't know what gamers want anymore. That's the feeling I get anyway.

Bottomline: Respect the guy and his legacy, but don't get unreasonable expectations about his future projects.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Octane

Miyamoto wanted Kirby to be yellow, he also was the evil brain behind the GCN series of Star Fox, it was his idea to fuse Star Fox with Dinosaur Planet. The thing is, Miyamoto has done great things, but there have been many times when his decisions were almost cringeworthy. It's a rollercoaster, but just with extreme ups and downs. On the other hand, Star Fox U looks quite good for what I can tell, and Project Guard seems very interesting as well.

Octane

Haywired

banacheck wrote:

Getting used to it may take 30 minutes to an hour

Ridiculous, please let there be Pro-Pad option.

The young Miyamoto would've probably upended a table on someone who made a control scheme that takes an hour to learn...

Haywired

WebHead

Yeah I love the guy but as of today he's out of touch.

Anyway they're looking for a developer. Platinum Games please since I believe they have a third team.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

dumedum

Octane wrote:

Miyamoto wanted Kirby to be yellow

That would have been awesome.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

JoyBoy

Ryno wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

The best news is that they're willing to hire a team to make sure this gets out next year.

GOOD. GOOD. Lord knows we don't need more delays.

The bad news is they hired Ubisoft to make it.

The good news is we will have annual StarFox games.

Sorry for reposting this but this made me laugh xD

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Gozar

The new co-op news actually has me sold on this game. I'm one of the few people who has never played a Star Fox game, so I really don't have any vantage point to compare to other games in the franchise. But this new style of multiplayer really has me pumped. I think the ability to have one person focus on one aspect of the game while another focused on the other really makes communication and teamwork a primary point in the game.

Gozar

Henmii

@WebHead,

Finally someone who agrees on me! And I also agree that Platinum would be a good choice!

@Spanjard,

You are joking, right? Ubisoft on the job?! While Ubisoft could do a good job, it certainly wasn't my first choice. Hopefully they don't mess up!

Henmii

shaneoh

Star Fox 64 3D must have done decently then, as I believe it was stated that the future of the series was dependant on how well SF643D did in terms of sales

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

cpm

this is great.

cpm

3DS Friend Code: 4012-3492-9863 | Nintendo Network ID: cpm001 | Twitter:

eatup

delete.

Edited on by eatup

eatup

eatup

^ and it means what?

eatup

DefHalan

@eatup

that made no sense

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Dreamz

I hope I'm not alone in this, but I adored the N64 Starfox. The SNES version was okay, but the N64 version was one of my favorite games for the system (and I'm usually not a big fan of that genre).

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

kkslider5552000

Dreamz wrote:

I hope I'm not alone in this, but I adored the N64 Starfox.

Agreed. It's one of my favorite games of all time. Exhibit A of the long term irrelevance of games being long, as I've put 75+ hours into what is supposed to be a "1-3 hour game". And because 3D Schmups are so rare, it stays fresh. Some nostalgia bias maybe but almost everything about it was made extremely well.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

WebHead

Do you guys think this is Star Fox's last chance at a series comeback.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

napalmninja

WebHead wrote:

Do you guys think this is Star Fox's last chance at a series comeback.

I don't think so. I think if this game flops they will probably just shelf Star Fox for awhile again until its ready for another proper comeback.

Nintendo Network ID: napalmninja
3DS Friend code: 0430-9391-8926

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.