Wii U Forum

Topic: Square-enix: No DX11 = No KH3 on WiiU. Sonic Boom Devs: Here's the game running on DX11!

Showing 21 to 40 of 136

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrV4ltor

21. Posted:

Dreamz wrote:

"No KH3 on the WiiU"

And nothing of value was lost.

You sound salty.

MrV4ltor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jazzer94

22. Posted:

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

ferthepoet wrote:

They have to use excuses on the fly because they cannot openly said that its not coming the Wii U because they think of the game as a next gen title and they don't think of the Wii U as a next gen console

Ironically, that's just an image thing. Despite being shifted from PS3 to PS4, the game itself doesn't even have 4k visuals. And while some may say that 4k isn't the only thing about next-gen, it's still the only argument for it, yet not a single PS4/XBone game even tried to go beyond 1080p with upscaling.

Most likely because barely anyone owns 4K TVs at the moment.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Beetlejuice

23. Posted:

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

Despite being shifted from PS3 to PS4, the game itself doesn't even have 4k visuals. And while some may say that 4k isn't the only thing about next-gen, it's still the only argument for it, yet not a single PS4/XBone game even tried to go beyond 1080p with upscaling.

What's the point in having 4K visuals when pretty much nobody has a TV that can display them? What a ridiculous argument.

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kaze_Memaryu

24. Posted:

KennyPowers wrote:

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

Despite being shifted from PS3 to PS4, the game itself doesn't even have 4k visuals. And while some may say that 4k isn't the only thing about next-gen, it's still the only argument for it, yet not a single PS4/XBone game even tried to go beyond 1080p with upscaling.

What's the point in having 4K visuals when pretty much nobody has a TV that can display them? What a ridiculous argument.

Tell that to Microsft and Sony, they used 4k as an argument to buy their consoles. It's probably gonna take around 2-3 years until 4k TV's are affordable anyway.

SPLATOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!
Backloggery is pointless - who cares what you play?
Link in Mario Kart 8 is the worst crime Nintendo commited against the Zelda franchise - even worse than the CD-i games!
— the few Zelda fans who still think straight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Beetlejuice

25. Posted:

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

KennyPowers wrote:

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

Despite being shifted from PS3 to PS4, the game itself doesn't even have 4k visuals. And while some may say that 4k isn't the only thing about next-gen, it's still the only argument for it, yet not a single PS4/XBone game even tried to go beyond 1080p with upscaling.

What's the point in having 4K visuals when pretty much nobody has a TV that can display them? What a ridiculous argument.

Tell that to Microsft and Sony, they used 4k as an argument to buy their consoles. It's probably gonna take around 2-3 years until 4k TV's are affordable anyway.

Sony used it as an argument because they want you to buy one of their 4K TVs. They also sold the PS3 on 3D gaming as well, and that didn't catch on either.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for 4K gaming this generation. Maybe a couple titles will use it years from now, but it's still a long way from being the norm.

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

26. Posted:

wouldn't someone need an even bigger than normal TV to actually notice the difference between 4K and 1080p anyway?

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

unrandomsam

27. Posted:

Loads of them are 30hz anyway over hdmi - forget that.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

28. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

wouldn't someone need an even bigger than normal TV to actually notice the difference between 4K and 1080p anyway?

Untitled

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DualWielding

29. Posted:

What's this talk about 4K, as far as I know both Sony and Microsoft have only said with a firmware update their consoles would allow to watch 4K video, but not 4K games........ nobody has used 4K games as an argument for the consoles

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

30. Posted:

ferthepoet wrote:

What's this talk about 4K, as far as I know both Sony and Microsoft have only said with a firmware update their consoles would allow to watch 4K video, but not 4K games........ nobody has used 4K games as an argument for the consoles

shhh.... don't stop the derailing. >.>

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Beetlejuice

31. Posted:

There is now talk of 8K televisions too, so it's likely 4K will be skipped entirely.

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Extremist

32. Posted:

Games aren't released on WiiU 'cause there's not enough WiiU's sold to make a profit. Publishers release games to make money. Simple as that...

Edited on by Extremist

Extremist

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tobias95

33. Posted:

Its their loss. But they shouldnt lie. By the way, wii u is the best and coolest of the bunch.

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

34. Posted:

Tobias95 wrote:

By the way, wii u is the best and coolest of the bunch.

hope you're wrong :P
just because this gen I want to try a non-Nintendo console to see how they are! XD

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tobias95

35. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Tobias95 wrote:

By the way, wii u is the best and coolest of the bunch.

hope you're wrong :P
just because this gen I want to try a non-Nintendo console to see how they are! XD

Get a ps4 then. At best its decent. Well, if im wrong or not is a matter of taste, I prefer the Wii U, therfor I support Nintendo and their chooices. Actually, except for my tablet and computer (I use neither as a gaming devices) the only non-nintendo console I own is a ps2. And I have non intentions of getting another.

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dreamz

36. Posted:

MrV4ltor wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

"No KH3 on the WiiU"

And nothing of value was lost.

You sound salty.

It's one of those series that I was really excited to try due to how well received they were only to find out that I didn't like it at all once I was finally able to try it.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Bayonetta, Splatoon, Zelda U
Currently playing: Wonderful101

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Caryslan

37. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I think it would have a better chance to sell more on the U tbh. Disney and Nintendo go well together. Rayman for a while sold better on the U and that's not Disney related! I don't think the Ps4 is the right target audience right now as only the more serious call of dudy fans own it.

You do realize the PS4 is the best choice for the series since both Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 were on the Playstation 2 as exclusives and even the HD collection was a Playstation 3 exclusive? Meaning the vast majority of fans for the series are likely Playstation owners anyway?

Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts will always be flagship games on the Playstation family, since most of the games have been on those platforms and most of the fanbase played prior entries on the PS1, PS2, or PS3.

Out of all the platforms, Playstation 4 is the one that makes the most sense to get Kingdom Hearts 3, followed by the Wii U.

And why do you assume only Call of Duty fans own PS4s? I know Call of Duty tends to be popular across all platforms, but the Xbox seems like the place where really hardcore Call of Duty fans would go, since the Xbox One and 360 get the expansions before the Playstation family.

Plus, there aren't really any FPS games on the PS4 outside Call of Duty, Battlefield, and Killzone. The PS4's last major game does not even seem like something would appeal to the dudebro COD crowd. Now, the Xbox One on the other hand got Titanfall, which does seem like its going for the Call of Duty crowd.

Caryslan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brewsky

38. Posted:

Caryslan wrote:

You do realize the PS4 is the best choice for the series since both Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 were on the Playstation 2 as exclusives and even the HD collection was a Playstation 3 exclusive? Meaning the vast majority of fans for the series are likely Playstation owners anyway?

PS4 is the best choice. Wii U is the second. An Xbox One version shouldn't even exist. Don't forget that Kingdom Hearts games have been on the GBA, DS, and 3DS. Absolutely no representation on a Microsoft system.

Now playing:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) | Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) | Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage
Avatar

faint

39. Posted:

Extremist wrote:

Games aren't released on WiiU 'cause there's not enough WiiU's sold to make a profit. Publishers release games to make money. Simple as that...

the wii u has a bigger install base than the xbox 1 which is getting kingdom hearts. Argument invalid.

friend code: 0103-9004-2456

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kodeen

40. Posted:

Einherjar wrote:

3rd Partys will use whatever excuse not to release their game on a Nintendo console, because its not the "cool thing to do".
Youre not cool if you dont release games on the new and shiny next gen "watercoolers"..

Or maybe they make decisions for financial reasons instead of employing high school politics.

Einherjar wrote:

Do you know whats one of the most ironic things going on at the moment ? People are craving, begging, whining about the lack of N64 / GC games on the WIiUs VC service.
You know, the N64 / GC, two consoles considered huge failures also.... People want it so badly.

On a Nintendo fan site? Quelle surprise.

Kodeen