Wii U Forum

Topic: Square-enix: No DX11 = No KH3 on WiiU. Sonic Boom Devs: Here's the game running on DX11!

Showing 101 to 120 of 130

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

101. Posted:

@Blast
That's what I think, too. Everyone thinks Square Enix is obligated to release Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts on PS consoles, only, and they are somewhat treating it that way. After PS2, multiplatform releases were on the table. i.e. Xbox 360

It's kind of like how Metal Gear Solid is slowly making the jump away from PS. PS3 wasn't PS2. Hell, KH3 AND Final Fantasy XV were supposed to be PS3 exclusive, but not anymore.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Blast

Blast

102. Posted:

And lemme say something else to the people who say that the Nintendo fanbase doesn't buy 3rd party games at all and that the Nintendo fanbase is just a bunch of kids who only buy Mario everytime...
Every freaking Kingdom Hearts game on a Nintendo handheld have sold well. Multiple other 3rd party exclusives have sold well on a Nintendo platform, too.
There is a extremely loyal Kingdom Hearts fanbase within Nintendo.
Is the Wii U not selling so well really that big of a reason that its making Square Enix not release a game that the Nintendo fanbase deserves to freaking experience?!
Square enix will much rather give the Nintendo fanbase a freaking musical game for 3DS and Bravely Default (which is still good but not enough) than a game Nintendo fanbase deserves?

Oh come on! This situation isn't making sense! Hahah.

We'd prefer you not using Caps Lock in posts -Lz

Edited on by TingLz

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
RancidVomit86

RancidVomit86

103. Posted:

@Blast If they are such loyal KH fans then shouldn't they have a Playstation? Plus, let's be honest, 3DS and Wii U are 2 different ball games. Guess might as well keep hope alive though.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
Swiket

Swiket

104. Posted:

I don't know much about DirectX but quite frankly Sonic Boom just looks ugly.

Untitled

This screenshot looks like it's from a crappy 90s CGI cartoon.

I had fun once and it was awful.

AuthorMessage
Blast

Blast

105. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@Blast If they are such loyal KH fans then shouldn't they have a Playstation? Plus, let's be honest, 3DS and Wii U are 2 different ball games. Guess might as well keep hope alive though.

The 3DS and Wii U are 2 different ballgames... FOR NOW. I remember a time when the 3DS was struggling but some support started coming for the system and exclusives like Resident Evil: Revelations, Kingdom Hearts 3D and multiple others SOLD VERY WELL.

The Wii U is struggling just like the 3DS did. People called it dead and a joke but things slowly turned around. Look at the 3DS now. Yes, I am an optimistic guy but STILL... you understand how I feel, man?

I am getting a PS4 someday, by the way.

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
RancidVomit86

RancidVomit86

106. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

I don't know much about DirectX but quite frankly Sonic Boom just looks ugly.

Untitled

This screenshot looks like it's from a crappy 90s CGI cartoon.

One thing I learned about screenshots is that games have a tendency to look better in motion. Not all time but most of time.

@Blast Stay optimistic. It's a good trait.

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

107. Posted:

@RancidVomit86
Not necessarily. The only reason why Square Enix was on PS, was because PS was a huge success. Since Xbox 360 was doing well, and could handle their games, it doesn't make sense to be PS exclusive, anymore.

I might be one of a few, but I would have bought KH on GCN. I was never able to buy KH, especially once PS3 dropped BC.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
RancidVomit86

RancidVomit86

108. Posted:

@SCAR392 Yeah but where has every game in the series landed? Make sense yeah? If they are really that loyal of fans.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

109. Posted:

@RancidVomit86
I understand, but that isn't really looking at it from every perspective.

Like I said, I wasn't able to get a PS2, and PS3 didn't have BC, for a majority of 7th gen. Basically, any chance of me buying the game was thrown down into the trash. While I realize I'm probably in the minority, we wouldn't be discussing this if it was multiplatform.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
brewsky

brewsky

110. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I understand, but that isn't really looking at it from every perspective.

Like I said, I wasn't able to get a PS2, and PS3 didn't have BC, for a majority of 7th gen. Basically, any chance of me buying the game was thrown down into the trash. While I realize I'm probably in the minority, we wouldn't be discussing this if it was multiplatform.

eBay is your best friend. I got a 60 GB original model in excellent shape (I was legitimately surprised when I saw it, it was that good) for $140.

Now playing:
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Wii U) | Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U) | Bravely Default (3DS)
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

111. Posted:

@brewsky
I got a slim model, when they were fairly new. It didn't make sense to buy a PS3 phat, which were more expensive, and I had the "why the f*** would I buy a PS2, if I have a PS3?" mentality.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
RancidVomit86

RancidVomit86

112. Posted:

brewsky wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I understand, but that isn't really looking at it from every perspective.

Like I said, I wasn't able to get a PS2, and PS3 didn't have BC, for a majority of 7th gen. Basically, any chance of me buying the game was thrown down into the trash. While I realize I'm probably in the minority, we wouldn't be discussing this if it was multiplatform.

eBay is your best friend. I got a 60 GB original model in excellent shape (I was legitimately surprised when I saw it, it was that good) for $140.

Or buy a PS2 for $20.

So far this is all I case of shoulda, coulda, woulda, and it won't go anywhere past that.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
MAN1AC

MAN1AC

113. Posted:

Blast wrote:

And lemme say something else to the people who say that the Nintendo fanbase doesn't buy 3rd party games at all and that the Nintendo fanbase is just a bunch of kids who only buy Mario everytime...
Every freaking Kingdom Hearts game on a Nintendo handheld have sold well. Multiple other 3rd party exclusives have sold well on a Nintendo platform, too.
There is a extremely loyal Kingdom Hearts fanbase within Nintendo.
Is the Wii U not selling so well really that big of a reason that its making Square Enix not release a game that the Nintendo fanbase deserves to freaking experience?!
Square enix will much rather give the Nintendo fanbase a freaking musical game for 3DS and Bravely Default (which is still good but not enough) than a game Nintendo fanbase deserves?

Oh come on! This situation isn't making sense! Hahah.

To be fair, 3rd parties really don't have an issue with selling games on Nintendo's handhelds and never really have. However, its been an ongoing problem with their consoles for 4 gens in a row.

Edited on by TingLz

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

114. Posted:

@RancidVomit86
Not really. Having a GCN, then buying a PS3 slim, legitimately prevented me from playing Kingdom Hearts. I didn't have the money to buy these things. I was still in high school. The only reason why I had any of my consoles, was because my parents bought them, so even $20 wasn't worth it, when I can throw that cash towards other consoles I had.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
brewsky

brewsky

115. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

brewsky wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I understand, but that isn't really looking at it from every perspective.

Like I said, I wasn't able to get a PS2, and PS3 didn't have BC, for a majority of 7th gen. Basically, any chance of me buying the game was thrown down into the trash. While I realize I'm probably in the minority, we wouldn't be discussing this if it was multiplatform.

eBay is your best friend. I got a 60 GB original model in excellent shape (I was legitimately surprised when I saw it, it was that good) for $140.

Or buy a PS2 for $20.

So far this is all I case of shoulda, coulda, woulda, and it won't go anywhere past that.

One console, that can play three generations of games needing only one controller. And a PS2 is more than $20.

Now playing:
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Wii U) | Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U) | Bravely Default (3DS)
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage
RancidVomit86

RancidVomit86

116. Posted:

@brewsky I see PS2's at garage sales for $20-25 all the time. Just have to go out there and look rather than walking into resell shops.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
brewsky

brewsky

117. Posted:

@RancidVomit I am not as lucky as you then, because I always keep an eye out for steals like that, and it never works out.

Now playing:
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Wii U) | Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U) | Bravely Default (3DS)
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage
RancidVomit86

RancidVomit86

118. Posted:

@brewsky At a thrift store the other day I saw one for $20 and guy told me he will sell it for $15. I just didn't need it cause I already have a fat and a slim. I did buy 2 Dualshock 2 controllers for $1 each from him though and they look like they were never used.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

119. Posted:

I've seen used PS2 consoles, but never for $20. It was more like $40-50, and I already had a PS3, which should have had BC, in the first place, so I didn't even bother to think about ever getting a PS2.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
brewsky

brewsky

120. Posted:

@RancidVomit86 Since you're so lucky, why don't you buy Mario Kart: Double Dash!! for me? I've been trying to find a good price for it.

Now playing:
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Wii U) | Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U) | Bravely Default (3DS)
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93