Wii U Forum

Topic: Square-enix announces murdered soul suspects for everything but Wii U. (wtf)

Showing 41 to 60 of 65

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

41. Posted:

No doubt they need some form of third party support, but this game hardly seems like any more of a loss than missing out on, say, Deus Ex or Tomb Raider...

In all seriousness what I'd like to see from Square Enix is a new Bushido Blade game that harkens back to the two original Playstation titles. I almost want a PSOne to play them again.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

42. Posted:

Anyone ever think that the Wii U may have come out too late or Square Enix got dev kits too late to be able to put this on the Wii U? Maybe if it does well it will come to Wii U? This hardly seems like something that we should trek out about not getting anyways.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

43. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

No doubt they need some form of third party support, but this game hardly seems like any more of a loss than missing out on, say, Deus Ex or Tomb Raider...

In all seriousness what I'd like to see from Square Enix is a new Bushido Blade game that harkens back to the two original Playstation titles. I almost want a PSOne to play them again.

So the Wii U not having a game by a popular deb who worked on a well regarded game (human Revolution) and one that's being highly anticipated (tomb Raider) is a good thing now?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Discostew

44. Posted:

I gotta say, Square-Enix "was" popular. Their latest stuff doesn't compare to their earlier stuff (include those before Squaresoft and Enix merged).

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brandonbwii

45. Posted:

I was really hoping for big 3rd party support this time. Even with a low attach rate I figured they'd still make as a whole as far as multiplatform games are concerned.

Oddly enough, I believe some games are coming to Wii U that remain secret at this time for whatever reason.

Maybe we'll hear more on the next ND. GTA5, Watch Dogs and Splinter Cell didn't get a straight up "no plans" answer.

Also why isn't EA hyping the Need for Speed port?

Abandon hope all ye who enter here.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

46. Posted:

Discostew wrote:

I gotta say, Square-Enix "was" popular. Their latest stuff doesn't compare to their earlier stuff

That's why their best games are all Dragon Quest remakes.

(I'm currently looking forward to DQVII. Maybe I can trade in Kingdom Hearts and Theatrhythm to help pay for it.)

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

47. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

So the Wii U not having a game by a popular deb who worked on a well regarded game (human Revolution) and one that's being highly anticipated (tomb Raider) is a good thing now?

It's hard for me to miss what I don't know about. There are very few must-haves for me when it comes to games. Titles I'm not already familiar with don't fall into that category; hence my never owning an X-Box or a Playstation since the little grey original one. I'm sure this could be brilliant, but if nothing by Square-Enix ever appears on the Wii U - even the Virtual Console - I won't regard it as a "fatal flaw" in the system or a sign that it is in trouble.

Tomb Raider? Seriously that game was always lame!

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FubumblR

48. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

So the Wii U not having a game by a popular deb who worked on a well regarded game (human Revolution) and one that's being highly anticipated (tomb Raider) is a good thing now?

It's hard for me to miss what I don't know about. There are very few must-haves for me when it comes to games. Titles I'm not already familiar with don't fall into that category; hence my never owning an X-Box or a Playstation since the little grey original one. I'm sure this could be brilliant, but if nothing by Square-Enix ever appears on the Wii U - even the Virtual Console - I won't regard it as a "fatal flaw" in the system or a sign that it is in trouble.

Tomb Raider? Seriously that game was always lame!

I concur, I feel the true test of a system is what innovative benchmarks are erected, whether that be by well-established studios or newer and/or small indie ones. Personally for the WiiU, I feel like its real test is how well Nintendo reaches out to the lesser-knowns and how well they promote those studios through the shop. So far, they're doing an admirable job.

Where I DISAGREE is that Tomb Raider became lame ONLY after the second one; felt those had pretty engaging stories, mood-full environments and music, challenging puzzles and an overall challenging level design. Those first two games made great strides in the "survival-adventure" genre and are classics to this day.

3DS: 0946-2231-5194
Wii: 3029-8008-4006-9088
MarioKartWii: 2964-9018-2309
SSBBrawl: 1805-1865-9224

NNID: FubumblR
Words With Friends et al.: FubumblR
Xbox: FubumblR

WiiU MUST have another Baten Kaitos iteration, certainly!
http://passid.ca/fubumb

Nintendo Network ID: FubumblR

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

49. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

Discostew wrote:

I gotta say, Square-Enix "was" popular. Their latest stuff doesn't compare to their earlier stuff

That's why their best games are all Dragon Quest remakes.

(I'm currently looking forward to DQVII. Maybe I can trade in Kingdom Hearts and Theatrhythm to help pay for it.)

Off topic, but is there a release date for DQVII yet?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RancidVomit86

50. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

So the Wii U not having a game by a popular deb who worked on a well regarded game (human Revolution) and one that's being highly anticipated (tomb Raider) is a good thing now?

It's hard for me to miss what I don't know about. There are very few must-haves for me when it comes to games. Titles I'm not already familiar with don't fall into that category; hence my never owning an X-Box or a Playstation since the little grey original one. I'm sure this could be brilliant, but if nothing by Square-Enix ever appears on the Wii U - even the Virtual Console - I won't regard it as a "fatal flaw" in the system or a sign that it is in trouble.

Tomb Raider? Seriously that game was always lame!

So what your saying is that you're afraid of new things? Wow that must suck cause you have missed a lot of great stuff then. It's kinda like you just said 'I only watch movies that are sequels'

And Tomb Raider did get terrible but this looks like the return of awesome to the series.

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

51. Posted:

@turtlesoup: Not that I've heard of...

EDIT: This past Thursday :)

Edited on by WaLzgi

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SMEXIZELDAMAN

52. Posted:

OMG WiiU is effing doomed >:[

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage
Avatar

V8_Ninja

53. Posted:

The only reaction I can muster to this news is "...Hey, a new video game!" I don't understand how anyone could have a stronger or more nuanced opinion.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

54. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

Discostew wrote:

I gotta say, Square-Enix "was" popular. Their latest stuff doesn't compare to their earlier stuff

That's why their best games are all Dragon Quest remakes.

(I'm currently looking forward to DQVII. Maybe I can trade in Kingdom Hearts and Theatrhythm to help pay for it.)

Off topic, but is there a release date for DQVII yet?

Not yet. I'm guessing at the next ninty direct or E3.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

55. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

So what your saying is that you're afraid of new things? Wow that must suck cause you have missed a lot of great stuff then. It's kinda like you just said 'I only watch movies that are sequels'

And Tomb Raider did get terrible but this looks like the return of awesome to the series.

No, that's not what I said. I don't get upset about games I've never played going to systems other than my own and I generally need to have some feeling about a game before it sells me on the machine. The reason I don't own a PS3 or an XBox 360 is because neither system has anything on it that makes me say "wow, I have to get one of those!"

And my non-feelings about Tomb Raider probably stem from my general dislike of early 3D games and the general rubbish gameplay of 3D platformers (Super Mario Galaxy excepted) generally. I know other people like the series, but I don't understand why. I can still remember people posting about how "hot" low-poly Laura Croft was in the first game and it's still totally bizarre to me.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

56. Posted:

Well this new Tomb Raider really isn't like the older games at all.

Saw it being reported today that at the D.I.C.E. conference overall Wii U talk has been very negative with more people talking about cancelled projects than green lighted ones.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

57. Posted:

As someone who had an Atari Jaguar at launch I think it's safe to say that the Wii U has nothing to fear really. You couldn't get worse third party support than that machine had and quality first-party titles were few and far between. The doom and gloom is overstated and the absence of EA and Activision isn't going to sink the Wii U so I'm not going to lose faith no matter how many posts appear saying this or that game isn't getting ported to it.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

58. Posted:

But you must admit lack of these games are bad for the consumers. With prices on consoles going up a lot of people will be grabbing only one conolse for this generation.

Its the biggest reason I waited on getting a Wii U despite having the coin to get it.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

59. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

As someone who had an Atari Jaguar at launch I think it's safe to say that the Wii U has nothing to fear really. You couldn't get worse third party support than that machine had and quality first-party titles were few and far between. The doom and gloom is overstated and the absence of EA and Activision isn't going to sink the Wii U so I'm not going to lose faith no matter how many posts appear saying this or that game isn't getting ported to it.

As much as I admire Nintendo's ability to sell consoles purely for its first party titles, it seems you're forgetting that in the last Nintendo direct, Nintendo itself admitted it was struggling to put together a decent release schedule of HD games on the Wii U.

That's why it is partnering with the likes of Atlus for collaborative games. It's a fine idea since it pads out the release schedule with exclusive titles, but it's a lower-margin play for Nintendo since the rewards of the project need to be spread around.

Longer term Nintendo is really going to need to pull in more substantial licensing fees to compensate.

Whether you personally like the games of Activision, SE and EA or not is rather irrelevant to whether Nintendo needs them or not.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

60. Posted:

It's only bad for consumers if they really want these games. If these are system-sellers for someone then I shouldn't think they'd be buying a Wii U given the lack of any announcement.

If a game of interest appears on the platform, great, but I'm not going to bemoan the absence of every third party release that takes my fancy and doesn't make it to the Wii U. Just a different philosophy I guess: I tend to enjoy what I have.

I'm confident Nintendo will do what is required to keep their system afloat. I'm sure they can make do without the full backing of large third-party publishers. EA, Ubisoft and Activision may only throw a few bones their way, but I don't think the Wii U is going to collapse if there isn't another Madden game on it. I certainly don't think we need a thread for every third party release that doesn't get released on a platform.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron