Wii U Forum

Topic: Square-enix announces murdered soul suspects for everything but Wii U. (wtf)

Showing 1 to 20 of 65

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

1. Posted:

So Square enix/edios out up a teaser site for its new game.

Square-Enix just sent VG247 an email to confirm the name of the game. Here’s what they said:

“Murdered: Soul Suspect is an exciting new game from Square Enix which challenges players to solve possibly the hardest case of all”

http://www.abload.de/img/evidencewiub5.jpg

Untitled
Untitled

Dota new game is announced for release later this year and Wii U isn't even listed.

Makes me wonder what happened to the game that the mass effect port guys were working on for Square.

Really makes me worried about the Wii U's future support. If it can't get get ports of last gen games how the hell do we expect it to get ports of Durango/Orbis games.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Big_L91

2. Posted:

after today i think the wii u might actually only get mario, zelda and metroid. everything else will skip the wii U.

put it on.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

3. Posted:

@Sony_70
Just stop, dude. This is the straw that broke the camel's back. I can't take your negative posts anymore. Nintendo hasn't had solid, reliable, and outstanding third-party support since the SNES, and that was OVER TWO DECADES AGO.

Give this console more than 3 months before you start spouting "sky is falling" ignorance, or take your prophecies of doom ("Really makes me worried about the Wii U's future support") someplace else.

Edited on by theblackdragon

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

4. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

If it can't get get ports of last gen games how the hell do we expect it to get ports of Durango/Orbis games.

Oh I dont know maybe instead of expecting ports maybe you should look into getting the next Xbox or PS. I dont understand why everyone thinks that every game should come out on every system. Its called competition. If every game came out on every system there would be none. Its the same reason McDonalds has a Big Mac and Burger King doesnt. Its why Sega had Sonic and Nintendo has Mario. Companies want to entice people to buy their product over the other guys. If every game were to come out on every system what would be the point?

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

5. Posted:

Never even heard of this game... Why am I supposed to care about it now?

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

6. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Never even heard of this game... Why am I supposed to care about it now?

It was jus at announced today for a release for fall of this year. Its made by the western side of square who put out Sleeping Dogs, Dues Ex, and tomb raider.

Will probably new a big fall game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

7. Posted:

Do we have any evidence that Nintendo had been trying to get this game on the Wii U in the first place?

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

8. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

If it can't get get ports of last gen games how the hell do we expect it to get ports of Durango/Orbis games.

Oh I dont know maybe instead of expecting ports maybe you should look into getting the next Xbox or PS. I dont understand why everyone thinks that every game should come out on every system. Its called competition. If every game came out on every system there would be none. Its the same reason McDonalds has a Big Man and Burger King doesnt. Its why Sega had Sonic and Nintendo has Mario. Companies want to entice people to buy their product over the other guys. If every game were to come out on every system what would be the point?

Your argument is a bit flawed.

You can't compare third party games to the big Mac and whooper.

If any thing its

Big Mac Mario
Whooper- Halo
Baconator- God of War

Their party Games is more like all the different flavors of pop which are usually the same at each fast food place,

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wonder_Ideal

9. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

McDonalds has a Big Man

Big Man?
Untitled
I think you mean Big Mac. ;)
Untitled

Edited on by Wonder_Ideal

Boom. Backlog.
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
Join NintyOnline Forums!
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

10. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Do we have any evidence that Nintendo had been trying to get this game on the Wii U in the first place?

One would argue that a platform where the OEM has to try and get games is a bad platform or if the game in question will be an exclusive.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LAA

11. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

If it can't get get ports of last gen games how the hell do we expect it to get ports of Durango/Orbis games.

Oh I dont know maybe instead of expecting ports maybe you should look into getting the next Xbox or PS. I dont understand why everyone thinks that every game should come out on every system. Its called competition. If every game came out on every system there would be none. Its the same reason McDonalds has a Big Man and Burger King doesnt. Its why Sega had Sonic and Nintendo has Mario. Companies want to entice people to buy their product over the other guys. If every game were to come out on every system what would be the point?

While what you're saying I kinda agree with, its kinda irrelevant. 3rd partys make money by putting their games on as many consoles as they can. By not putting on Wii U, it only means negative news, could be because they dont consider it worth the money to port, maybe they feel the audience they're aiming this game for isnt big enough on Wii U. (Which could have some truth in actually, what kind of person buys a Wii U for these sorts of games, shouldnt be the case, but it seems it is possibly the reason why)
Although in fairness, Wii U is young and publishers dont seem to have the guts to invest in such a system.
The Wii U will do well with its own games alone however, and the likes of bayonetta 2 may help push sales, but I think Nintendos image is the problem too, I mean look at eShop. No 18+ content until after 12, I'm sorry but that just isnt a good image of a platform for the developers making such content to release on. Perhaps when Wii U is more used to mature games, more will follow, which in fairness its getting there, so hope may be on the horizon.

LAA

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SkywardLink98

12. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

If it can't get get ports of last gen games how the hell do we expect it to get ports of Durango/Orbis games.

Oh I dont know maybe instead of expecting ports maybe you should look into getting the next Xbox or PS. I dont understand why everyone thinks that every game should come out on every system. Its called competition. If every game came out on every system there would be none. Its the same reason McDonalds has a Big Mac and Burger King doesnt. Its why Sega had Sonic and Nintendo has Mario. Companies want to entice people to buy their product over the other guys. If every game were to come out on every system what would be the point?

But this is third party, so it's closer to the idea of Coca-Cola not putting their sodas at McDonalds, just Burger King.

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
"This is your last dance!"- Inigo

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

13. Posted:

I'm surprised. You'd think a Murder Mystery would work well with a tablet. Oh well.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

14. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

If it can't get get ports of last gen games how the hell do we expect it to get ports of Durango/Orbis games.

Oh I dont know maybe instead of expecting ports maybe you should look into getting the next Xbox or PS. I dont understand why everyone thinks that every game should come out on every system. Its called competition. If every game came out on every system there would be none. Its the same reason McDonalds has a Big Mac and Burger King doesnt. Its why Sega had Sonic and Nintendo has Mario. Companies want to entice people to buy their product over the other guys. If every game were to come out on every system what would be the point?

But this is third party, so it's closer to the idea of Coca-Cola not putting their sodas at McDonalds, just Burger King.

Umm that is possible. Restaurants have contracts with different soda companies. If you notice Taco Bell has Pepsi products due to an agreement with the Pepsi company and McDonalds have Coke products due to an agreement.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FOREST_RANGER

15. Posted:

Before making any conclusions of the Wii U, I will first wait for the paranoia to pass by and let this Ubisoft fiasco settle down :3

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

16. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

Do we have any evidence that Nintendo had been trying to get this game on the Wii U in the first place?

One would argue that a platform where the OEM has to try and get games is a bad platform or if the game in question will be an exclusive.

this sentence as it stands makes no sense to me...? who knows what has to happen to have a developer bring a game to a given system. Microsoft and Sony may have shelled out a fee to keep the game on their systems for x-amount of time, even — we have no idea what deals go on behind the scenes when corporate suits are involved.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Discostew

17. Posted:

Considering how late in the year it plans to come out (if it doesn't get delayed), why not ports to the Orbis and Durango? Is something wrong if those two consoles don't get this game? No? Then what's the problem with Wii U not getting it?

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RancidVomit86

18. Posted:

As I read these post my thought at the end was 'Who gives a poo? He points out how the Wii U is having issues with 3rd party support and everyone else makes excuses about how it doesn't matter. Just play whatever you want to play.'

Edited on by theblackdragon

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FOREST_RANGER

19. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

As I read these post my thought at the end was 'Who gives a poo? He points out how the Wii U is having issues with 3rd party support and everyone else makes excuses about how it doesn't matter. Just play whatever you want to play.'

Of course, it's those at stake who gives a bee's wax about this announcement. You know...the Wii U owners?

EDIT: oh yeah, and Nintendo too :3

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RancidVomit86

20. Posted:

FOREST_RANGER wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

As I read these post my thought at the end was 'Who gives a poo? He points out how the Wii U is having issues with 3rd party support and everyone else makes excuses about how it doesn't matter. Just play whatever you want to play.'

Of course, it's those at stake who gives a bee's wax about this announcement. You know...the Wii U owners?

EDIT: oh yeah, and Nintendo too :3

Oh another Nintendo system getting a lack of 3rd party support...go figure that...if you were worried about that then you should have not bought a Wii U or own a 360/PS3 for these other games.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com