Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 941 to 960 of 14,636

SuperWario

I am so hyped for this game! It has some of the most creative character designs I've ever seen and it really looks like it's gonna breathe some fresh air into the shooting genre. It's also cool in the sense that it's a new major Nintendo IP (I'm pretty sure Pikmin was the last big one?), so hopefully it'll do well and show Nintendo that new ideas are always welcomed! I mean, as much as I love Nintendo's well-established IPs, it's always fun to get new stuff. The only thing that's slightly disappointing is the lack of a large-scale local multiplayer. The Battle Dojo looks fun and all, but it's pretty underwhelming for me personally that it only supports two players. Oh well, maybe more local stuff will be patched in or added in as DLC later down the road.

So, I got a quick question; is the single-player locked to only allow the player to use the gamepad as the controller, or are there other contol options as well?

FE My Castle: 00751-33771-53713-84366
"It'sa me, Wario! I'ma gonna win!" -Wario

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4093-3864 | Nintendo Network ID: Mr.Wario

gcunit

I want to get this game, but I don't think I can buy it while it doesn't offer 4-player local multiplayer.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NinjaWaddleDee

I really wish this game had more control options for singleplayer. Not that the Gamepad is bad or anything, but the battery life on it is HORRENDOUS. I'd rather use my Pro Controller that can last for about 20 to 30 hours or so.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

jump

A Splatoon direct is coming on the 7th May, 15:00 bst.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

NinjaWaddleDee

arronishere wrote:

A Splatoon direct is coming on the 7th May, 15:00 bst.

Ooooooh YEEEEAH! Although maybe I shouldn't watch it. :/ Lately because I've been watching so many videos of games I want, that when I finally get the game, I don't feel as satisfied with it.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)

Retro_on_theGo

Don't know if anyone posted this before but here's a very interesting quote from the developers during an interview.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/241863/Is_Nintendo_courtin...

"And in that way, that Splatoon allows for adaptive playstyles, the game has elements of a sport, and with all the thought we’ve put into the things we've mentioned so far, I think it will appeal to eSports players."

Wow, they outright say eSports. This definitely adds another layer of excitement for me. I would absolutely be down for huge Splatoon tournaments.

Blast

Okay, now I'm getting disgusted. Now people are just finding anything to doubt this game and refuse to support a new IP.

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Joeynator3000

...Just ignore those people...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Blast

Megumi wrote:

...Just ignore those people...

I'm trying, man but it's not easy

Master of the Hype Train

Joeynator3000

I never had issues with them, lol. Still getting the game, still won't have to listen to the whiners while playing the game online. xp

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Blast

Megumi wrote:

I never had issues with them, lol. Still getting the game, still won't have to listen to the whiners while playing the game online. xp

shakes hands with you in respect

Master of the Hype Train

TuVictus

eSports? That might be a bit much for this game. I mean, I could easily be wrong. But I personally do not see it. With each bit of news from the past few months I have lost my own excitement for the game, so I don't think I'll be tuning in to the direct. I will be reading the reviews though. It'll be interesting to see how the new IP does

TuVictus

IceClimbers

I think the game has eSports potential, but there are some limitations that will make it difficult to achieve, and no, I'm not talking about voice chat. There's a few things like custom rules which, correct me if I'm wrong, are missing. The lack of LAN support also hurts (not sure if that's a Splatoon issue or more of a Wii U issue).

Can't wait for this game though.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

jariw

Blast wrote:

Okay, now I'm getting disgusted. Now people are just finding anything to doubt this game and refuse to support a new IP.

I don't know what you're referring to, but negativity prior to a major release is part of the cycle. Prior to the MK8 release, there were all kind of hilarious "doom" articles and discussions.

jariw

Octane

jariw wrote:

Blast wrote:

I don't know what you're referring to, but negativity prior to a major release is part of the cycle. Prior to the MK8 release, there were all kind of hilarious "doom" articles and discussions.

Like how Polygon ''predicted'' Mario Kart 8 will only sell 1.26 million copies, that was hilarious, especially with those graphs.

Octane

iKhan

I personally think Splatoon looks as awesome as ever, but I am concerned about the sales. Online shooters don't really scream out to me as something the Nintendo user base is generally clamoring for, and I keep hearing complaints about there not being 4-player local multiplayer (a stupid complaint IMO). On the other side of things, the lack of voice chat plays a huge role in deterring new audiences from playing the game.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

kkslider5552000

Honestly, I might've been a little bit more annoyed like some people are maybe? But the past year or so has really drained me of any interest of expecting a new IP from a major game publisher to live up to potential, especially a shooter. I'm sorry, between Destiny and Watch Dogs and Evolve (among other games), I'm just exhausted by this.

I'm expecting Splatoon to be better than those games, don't get me wrong, but I can't bring myself to expect this to be some instant masterpiece. Which is fine honestly, because if it is, I'll be more surprised. This to me seems like a very solid game that will be improved greatly in a sequel.

But sales-wise, I'm expecting it to be bigger than most Wii U games definitely. Not Mario Kart levels, but I could see it doing really well.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

KryptoniteKrunch

Blast wrote:

Yeah, I see this too much. People want to find reasons not to buy this game despite the fact they demand new IPs from Nintendo. I understand lack of voice chat is a issue with some folks, but at least in my experiences, unless you're in a clan or something, voice chat is mostly useless in multiplayer shooters. I've played Team Fortress 2, Battlefield Bad Company, Resistance 1 and 2 in the past quite a bit and voice chat was rarely effective. Lack of voice chat sucks, but shouldn't be a deal breaker. I dunno.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Grumblevolcano

KryptoKrunch wrote:

Blast wrote:

Yeah, I see this too much. People want to find reasons not to buy this game despite the fact they demand new IPs from Nintendo. I understand lack of voice chat is a issue with some folks, but at least in my experiences, unless you're in a clan or something, voice chat is mostly useless in multiplayer shooters. I've played Team Fortress 2, Battlefield Bad Company, Resistance 1 and 2 in the past quite a bit and voice chat was rarely effective. Lack of voice chat sucks, but shouldn't be a deal breaker. I dunno.

I think misinterpretation of the IGN article is a big factor too. I've been seeing way too much of "You can't play with online friends in Splatoon, only random people" when all the article said that's related is there's no custom match types in private lobbies. That does not mean there's no private lobbies

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NinjaWaddleDee

I'm just tired of people screaming that Mario should be in the game, or Mario Sunshine DLC. No thanks. Keep Mario faaaar faaaaar away from this game. Unless it's like a hat or a mushroom shirt or something, keep Mario away.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic