Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 7,681 to 7,700 of 14,636

-Green-

Nicolai wrote:

But the roller is the one weapon you can use if you don't have very good aim. And I don't think it was all that unfair. If the roller is going to have such short range, why not make the KO zone wider?

Well you can still use it if you have poor aim. If you can't hit them with the center of the roller (which is actually pretty big) it'll just take two shots instead of one, and you could run them over (albeit that is rarely done anymore). Anyways, rollers do have varying ranges. The Krak-On is about average in range, the Carbon's range suck (although it makes up for that with a arsenal), but then there is the Dynamo who literally has the range of a charger. I feel that it was unfair that a roller could literally one shot you, usually from a fair distance without aiming specifically at you or by just catching you on the side. Heck, a Dynamo could literally cover off and hold an entire area of the map because it had such huge range and could one-shot from anywhere.

Edit: I think the developers should have hit the Chargers a bit more though. Stopping them from one shotting you in with an uncharged shot won't really stop them from being the best class in the game. Especially the E-Liter 3K.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

veeflames

Nicolai wrote:

shani wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

@pikminfan22: Don't get too used to that. That's what they're changing in the upcoming update :/

And that's a good thing. The 3K is one of the weapons that need to be nerfed the most because it often makes the sniper practially unbeatable (like, you get to kill him once per match while he splats you 5-10 times).
I don't understand why it took them so long to nerf all those weapons, most of those unbalanced things were known/ pretty clear for a long time now.

I still say they were a little harsh on all of the rollers. They might have been OP in the beginning, but they definitely weren't as popular later as the meta changed, mostly because of their inability to shoot very far or quickly. Now, we didn't even get the satisfaction of taking two guys out at once with a single splash.

But then again, there's still the Dynamo Roller... which shoots ink far and is just downright deadly. Especially the Gold one.
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned how annoying blasters can be. There's literally no escaping that weapon if you're engagaged in its gunfire. And blasters attack at full power even if you are not directly in it's path. Seriously, that weapon class needs a nerf...

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

shani

Nicolai wrote:

I still say they were a little harsh on all of the rollers. They might have been OP in the beginning, but they definitely weren't as popular later as the meta changed, mostly because of their inability to shoot very far or quickly.

Really? To me it's the exact opposite. I don't think the Rollers were ever OP as there is a simple tactic to beat them (jumping around them and using your faster movement compared to theirs)), but sometimes a roller could kill you although he didn't hit you at all.
And in all the games I've played since the release, the rollers stayed pretty much the same popular, I didn't notice any decrease of their usage. If anything, usage of the rollers increased because one of the rollers (carbon? I don't know) has an extremely unrealistic high range. I got splatted all the time by rollers who stood far away from me, the distance was about the maximum range of the Splattershot. This is definitely too much range for a melee weapon like the roller.

So I disagree on everything, rollers have a (much too) huge range and still a huge popularity, although they are probably the weapon type that needs the least amount of aiming/skill. In my opinion, they should even make some rollers slower, because the higher models are almost as fast as any shooting weapon and that shouldn't be. The rollers melee strength has to be compensated by it's weight.

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

shani

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

But then again, there's still the Dynamo Rollers... which shoots far and is just downright deadly. Especially the Gold one.
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned how annoying blasters can be. There's literally no escaping that weapon if you're engagaged in its gunfire. And blasters attack at full power even if you are not directly in it's path. Seriously, this weapon class needs a nerf...

Oh yeah, I meant the (Gold) Dynamo Roller, its range is unacceptable and I'm very happy that it gets nerfed.
BTW, blasters annoy me equally and I'm sure I mentioned it before. ^^ They will also be nerfed, which was pretty overdue, too.

pikminfan22 wrote:

@VeeFlamesNL: I hate Blasters too lol But I use them in Tower Control as it's hard for me to splat opponents when they're on the tower...

With which weapon? I have no problem shooting people on the Tower with the Splattershot or even the Aerospray (which also needs less aim but is very ink-effective). Either you have to shoot from below and aim really well, or jump up and shoot them while you're in the air or when you're landing on the Tower. At least that's what I like to do, I can't imagine myself patiently standing down there and trying to shoot them from there.* I'm more the jump-in-your-face-and-splat-you-from-behind-guy.

(*) And if I would, I'd prefer Splat bombs over a blaster, because you have four bombs and two are enough to take the enemy out. But TBH I mostly use the Golden Aerospray with the ink mine on TW. There's nothing like having a mine on your tower, even if you get splatted the enemy most likely gets killed when he enters the tower.

I love how this game gives you so many different approaches/weapons, but I can never understand of the roller and blaster. You can't move around with them, you can't aim with them, you can't shoot with much precision... they're not for me, anyway.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

shani

@pikminfan22: Nice.
I bet you can do it more often with the Octoshot (which is a Splattershot in disguise).
It's funny, the Splattershot is the most allround weapon of all and I did use it alot when I started the game. Then I switched to other weapons and almost forgot about it. I thought it was only good for the beginning.
A few weeks ago I went back to it (mostly because of the Splat Bombs) and I love it! Not all the time and not for every mode/map, but it's a weapon you can go with in many situations.

Edited on by shani

-Green-

The Splash Wall is a stupid idea in general. Like what were they thinking...

shani

Aromaiden wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't really miss it either. But I guess it can make sense for charger weapons. Then again, playing with a charger should be/stay a challenge, but I guess it is a challenge even if you have a Splash Wall. Either way, I always found the Splash Wall useless (not useless per se, but useless to my style of play) when I tried out weapon with it.
The same goes for the Bubbler. Or maybe it even applies to it more than to the Splash Wall.

pikminfan22 wrote:

Splattershot Jr. is fantastic for Rainmaker and Turf War (also for Splat Zones), IMO.. ;D

Ah okay, good to know! I haven't tried the Jr. in ages, maybe it'll also surprise me.

Edited on by shani

-Green-

shani wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't really miss it either. But I guess it can make sense for charger weapons. Then again, playing with a charger should be/stay a challenge, but I guess it is a challenge even if you have a Splash Wall. Either way, I always found the Splash Wall useless (not useless per se, but useless to my style of play) when I tried out weapon with it.

The same goes for the Bubbler. Or maybe it even applies to it more than to the Splash Wall.

Oh god. A full fledged charger with a Splash Wall would spell doom for Splatoon's meta.

@Pikminfan22: The Splash Wall is kind of dumb when you think about it. Its basically a makeshift Bubbler that you always have access to and it lacks any of the Bubbler's weaknesses.

Edited on by -Green-

Rexcalibr

Nicolai wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

shani wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

@pikminfan22: Don't get too used to that. That's what they're changing in the upcoming update :/

And that's a good thing. The 3K is one of the weapons that need to be nerfed the most because it often makes the sniper practially unbeatable (like, you get to kill him once per match while he splats you 5-10 times).
I don't understand why it took them so long to nerf all those weapons, most of those unbalanced things were known/ pretty clear for a long time now.

I still say they were a little harsh on all of the rollers. They might have been OP in the beginning, but they definitely weren't as popular later as the meta changed, mostly because of their inability to shoot very far or quickly. Now, we didn't even get the satisfaction of taking two guys out at once with a single splash.

Well at the same time it prevents players from getting unfair and undeserved splats. If anything, it'll make sure that they have to actually aim in order to get the one shot splat.

But the roller is the one weapon you can use if you don't have very good aim. And I don't think it was all that unfair. If the roller is going to have such short range, why not make the KO zone wider?

This is why the roller is the only weapon in the game I use. I can't aim well.

Rexcalibr

TheXReturns

So, Happy Splatfest to PAL people. What's the general concensus on who's winning? I'm a Cat Defender now, after landing a great team, and a string of 12 victories. That's 14 wins to 1 loss. That's... the best I've done in a while. (Ranked tends to be up and down wins and losses, slowly going up...) (I don't normally play turf). Anyone else had a good Splatfest so far?

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

shani

pikminfan22 wrote:

My mains for Rainmaker are either the Splattershot Jr. or Krak-On Roller (the Kraken is great at bursting the Rainmaker bubble!! ^^) ..

It's really interesting how all the approaches differ! My main for RM is the silver Aerospray, because the Inkzooka is the perfect counter against the Rainmaker (also, the Inkzooka's range is a great addition to the rather short-ranged Aerospray).

Rexcalibr wrote:

This is why the roller is the only weapon in the game I use. I can't aim well.

The Aerospray is also a good weapon which doesn't need that much aim. And what about the Brush and the Slosher? from those three imprecise melee-weapons, I find the Slosher (not the tri-slosher, it hasn't much range) by far the best/most powerful.

TheXReturns wrote:

So, Happy Splatfest to PAL people. What's the general concensus on who's winning?

I haven't started yet, but I surely will play this evening (although on the dogs team). I assume the dogs will be more popular, I hope they'll also have more wins in the end.

Edited on by shani

TheXReturns

@Shani Ha. We'll agree to disagree.

I use the Gal Deco for it's Seekers to collapse the shield, and it's maneuverability., and because I just like it.

shani

@TheXReturns: Hehe. Yeah I forgot to mention that, I also use the seekers from the Silver Aerospray to collapse the shield, because of their huge ink usage they destroy the RM shield almost to 100%.

Jazzer94

My thoughts on Splatfest is its boring and I want to play ranked, only doing it for rerolls.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

TheXReturns

And Seekers rule on Port Mackrel.
You can lock your side off from your opponents.

Well, assuming you don't get overwhelmed cause your team mates are off doing... Something, leaving you to guard your whole side.

shani

TheXReturns wrote:

And Seekers rule on Port Mackrel.
You can lock your side off from your opponents.

It's actually not that hard to evade them (even on Port Mackerel), usually a quick sidejump is all you need. But seekers are still very useful, especially on straightforward maps, I agree.
@Jazzer94: True, apart from the nice nightly design during Splatfest and sometimes a bit of buzz on the plaza, it's really the sea snails that motivate me to participate fully during this Splatfest. Before, I only attende one and only for a few hours.
This time I want to get all the snails after I learned about the different reroll probabilities for each brand.

Edited on by shani

TuVictus

Ugh, today is so unusual. Usually I'm paired with people around my level, or at least cap out at the twenties (I''m level 7). But today it's been nothing but level 40's and 50's, and as such I've lost a whole bunch of games

TuVictus

Blue_Blur

@pikminfan22: I can play. I'm actually waiting and I'll be in your next turf war!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic