Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 761 to 780 of 14,636

jariw

Ralizah wrote:

I'll just put this out there: ZombieU makes more creative use of the Wii U's GamePad than anything put out by Nintendo itself. Which is... odd. And a shame.

This joke starts to get a little old, and the joke only works if you ignore quite a few Nintendo titles, such as Nintendo Land/Game & Wario/Pikmin 3/Wii Sports Club Golf/Captain Toad.

jariw

CaviarMeths

jariw wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I'll just put this out there: ZombieU makes more creative use of the Wii U's GamePad than anything put out by Nintendo itself. Which is... odd. And a shame.

This joke starts to get a little old, and the joke only works if you ignore quite a few Nintendo titles, such as Nintendo Land/Game & Wario/Pikmin 3/Wii Sports Club Golf/Captain Toad.

Those are certainly all creative, but I don't think any of them are as creative as ZombiU.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Octane

Ralizah wrote:

I'd argue that Wind Waker HD made the best use of the GamePad. It wasn't "revolutionairy" or anything, but extremely convenient. There's also Nintendo Land and Pikmin.

And Kirby.. Oh no, wait, that game used the GamePad too much.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Sparx

Untitled

New info on what Splatoon really is! It's a snack!

My avatar is from here

ricklongo

Octane wrote:

I'd argue that Wind Waker HD made the best use of the GamePad. It wasn't "revolutionairy" or anything, but extremely convenient.

Pretty much.

I love the gamepad, but I'm not really interested in most 'creative' uses of it. I love it as an inventory management / map tool, as an aiming device thanks to the gyroscope, and as the best way to browse the web in any console, ever. That's more than enough for me.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

TuVictus

I agree. I just enjoy its convenience. Even if it just puts hot keys or a map on the screen. The only thing I ask all developers to do with it is allow for Off Tv play. Other wise, they can just leave it blank for all I care. Which is why I applaud tropical freeze for not forcing it into the game somehow

TuVictus

cookiex

May 29th worldwide. Good.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

crimsoncavalier

cookiex wrote:

May 29th worldwide. Good.

I wish it were sooner!! I can't wait for this game. I was really excited when they bumped up the MK8 DLC, and I was kinda hoping the same for this...

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

PrincessSugoi

They're so prettyful. ;___;

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

iKhan

This 1 vs. 1 mode reminds me of Battle Mode in Mario Kart.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

luisesteban

This game is getting better n better

luisesteban

shingi_70

I'm not really feeling the 1V1 mode or the fact that ranked battles and certain game types are put behind a wall.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Retro_on_theGo

shingi_70 wrote:

I'm not really feeling the 1V1 mode or the fact that ranked battles and certain game types are put behind a wall.

Yeah, I don't like how 1v1 mode encourages you to do the exact opposite of everything the other multiplayer modes are built on. 1v1 killing your opponent benefits you greatly and you have to hit specific targets instead of painting the area. Ironically, I think it's a mode that would be fun with more players lol.

Nicolai

I wasn't really feeling the 1v1 either. It almost seemed like encountering your opponent wouldn't happen nearly as often. It would be tough having people over and getting them interested in the game, if this is the only mode they can play. But I guess it's better than nothing. Who knows, it could be more fun than I realize.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

NinjaWaddleDee

I am soooo digging the music in this game. Also, is there gameplay out there for the 1 V 1 mode?

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

TuVictus

I hope they release more modes as the game gets older. I'm coming around to the idea of buying this game, but I'm still leaning towards waiting. If some friends get it and I can have my own little team, I'll likely buy it

TuVictus

iKhan

Nicolai wrote:

I wasn't really feeling the 1v1 either. It almost seemed like encountering your opponent wouldn't happen nearly as often. It would be tough having people over and getting them interested in the game, if this is the only mode they can play. But I guess it's better than nothing. Who knows, it could be more fun than I realize.

Watch the treehouse footage. Balloons spawn in one small area at a time, so there is definitely confrontation.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

NinjaWaddleDee

Just went to gamestop and managed to get my boy and girl inkling amiibos preordered! I didn't go for the pack, because the green squid just didn't appeal to me.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Dupree520

Are they not using any shades of Red for paint?

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS: Ice Climbers,
Mario Kart 8: Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Birdo,

Dezzy

Dupree520 wrote:

Are they not using any shades of Red for paint?

Parents might mistake it for pools of blood and think it's unsuitable for their child (I'm not even joking, I bet that's the reason why)

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic