Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 7,381 to 7,400 of 14,636

Nicolai

@shani: Yeah, I agree. If I'm trying to multi-task something with Splatoon, like making lunch, I often end up running really fast and knocking things over ^.^

Anyone want to team up for squad battle? @OorWullie, what about you?

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

rjejr

Can't believe cars won, my teams were getting creamed. A lot. I didn't keep track but I'd guess about 25 played, 20 lost. The few we won were slaughters, my team in their 30's and the other in their teens. Worst splatfest I ever had. And I hate blackbelly skatepark and had about 15 of those in a row, 5 each on warehouse and kelp dome. Lots of lag too. And 1 disconnect. Oh well, next time. At least it got me back playing again, been a few weeks.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Nicolai

@crimsontadpoles: So far it's just you, so I'll make a room for two for now.

@crimsontadpoles: Drat, I keep forgetting I don't have stealth jump on. I haven't changed out of my crazy arrow shoes since I got them.

On the plus side, 11 more points till I become an A-!

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Nicolai

@crimsontadpoles: Ouch, looks like Rob wasn't with us that game.

@crimsontadpoles: Wow, I only got +6 that game. One more, though, and I should rank up.

@crimsontadpoles: Wow, that was some of the most beautiful displays of teamwork I've ever seen! And now I'm an A- for the first time!

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

TuVictus

Thanks to the Amazon sale ($15 off), I finally placed my order for the game. Thanks to amazon prime, it'll be here wednesday

TuVictus

Nicolai

@crimsontadpoles: I can't tell you how many times I get splatted by the Kraken that time.

Got married.

veeflames

Iggly wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Wait, Team Planes lost?
I'm starting to think Splatfest is rigged. Not one time has the more popular team won the most matches. There's something off there...

I don't think it's designed to work like that. When tallying up the points, the outcome of the battles is multiplied by four, so the battles have four times the impact as popularity.

Also, I'll not entirely sure, but if I remember correctly, Dogs won their Splatfest by being the most popular.

Pretty sure he meant that there hasn't been a Splatfest in America where the popular team has won by wins as well. There's been only one Splatfest where the popular team won by matches as well, Art vs Science. I think the main reason why the least popular team usually gets the wins is due to the fact they never have to face their own team unlike popular teams where half of their matches will involve them battling their own team so not everyone in the popular team could contribute as much points as the unpopular team. This is probably why Popularity is considered for the tally to compensate for the many times a team would have to deal with facing their own team.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Guess I was wrong about every less popular team winning the most matches thing (I forgot about that), but my point still stands. Even when the popularity tally compensates for the less popular side, it can't really be a coincidence that the less popular team wins the most matches almost all the time. Initially, I was thinking the more popular team wasn't pulling their weight, but now it's automatically the more popular team that loses.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Nicolai

@crimsontadpoles: Yeah, I need to stop getting myself roped into 1 on 1 situations as a dynamo roller. I'm better off making a mess out of general chaos than a controlled environment.

@crimsontadpoles: Damn, I got so close to winning it for us! (had the rainmaker at the end)

@crimsontadpoles: Wow, lost only 4 points that time. The game haveth mercy.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Nicolai

@crimsontadpoles: Wow, I did absolutely nothing that game, thanks to whomever that was

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Nicolai

@crimsontadpoles: THAT time was me with the Rainmaker
@crimsontadpoles: My internet is acting up a little, sorry about that. I think I got it back, though.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Nicolai

@crimsontadpoles: Great! I haven't been doing well since I switched to Splat Roller, so I'm taking that as a sign that I should switch.

Got married.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic